• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Easiest peerless to solo?

S

sayler04

Which peerless is easiest for a tamer to solo? and how, do you recommend, that one goes about it?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Monstrous Interred Grizzle is by far the easiest for a tamer.

Bring about 1,000 bandages and learn where to stand. The rest is easy.

The better part is, you can use the same way-too-easy tactic and bring all your non tamer mage and archer friends to make it super-quick and easy. It's kinda like watching grass grow... and getting paid for it.

Travesty is easy, so long as you have spellweaving.

I wouldn't try Mel alone, but it's pretty easy in pairs.

Paroxy is right-out.

I still haven't completed the Shimmering Effusion, alone or in a group (something always goes wrong with key collecting, but we're sure trying! Very trying...).

C

controlfive

i'll confirm pretty much everything farsight said.

i think shimmering effusion is more of a job for two people. i've only done it once with two tamers and it worked pretty well. drag tank and beetle/kitsune for killing the spawn and extra dps when no spawn was up.

you might be able to solo dread horn on a tamer. the only problem is that both his aoe poison and his aoe spellweaving spells (if you try to vet your dragon) will make him target you. you could keep "resetting" the fight to top off your dragon. if you have a necro tamer it becomes a hell of a lot easier to solo dreadhorn, mind rot + wraith form withers should keep his mana down so you can get close enough to vet. you just gotta be quick with those cure pots/arch cures. if you cure it before the first tick, he won't target you.

G

Gellor

Monstrous Interred Grizzle is by far the easiest for a tamer.

Bring about 1,000 bandages and learn where to stand. The rest is easy.
Have a picture of where to stand?

Also, what type of template is best to bring? I've got a plain discord tamer but I've also got another tamer in the works:coco:

C

controlfive

Have a picture of where to stand?

Also, what type of template is best to bring? I've got a plain discord tamer but I've also got another tamer in the works:coco:
discord tamer is fine. here's a little diagram for grizzle positioning.

XODG

each letter represents a tile.

X is where you stand
O is an empty tile
D is your dragon
G is grizzle

basically you want your dragon in between you and grizzle, with a tile in in between you and your dragon. this puts you outside of the 2 tile radius of his acid.

make sure you have a lot of time before you go. it's a long fight solo, with a LOT of vetting.

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

dont fight travesty if your a bard, because then it coppies you, and uses the bard skills on your pet

N

NickyDishes

trav is easiest because grizzle takes so much longer......u tell pet all follow all kill trav and stand at the sweet spot and heal your dragon so she doesnt aggro u (10 tiles i believe) until end spawn then invis use ethereal form or self honor and word of death her. 20 min job. overall tho Dreahorn or paroxy easiest but u need a good dexxer.

F

Fumoffu

Would a stealth tamer (taming skills, med, hiding, stealth) without much offensive spells be able to get the notes in the hour given?

G

guum

Would a stealth tamer (taming skills, med, hiding, stealth) without much offensive spells be able to get the notes in the hour given?
You have around 20k seconds before the notes disappear. That works out to (dum de dum...mental math) like 5 hours. Anyone can do it if they're patient enough. Grizzle keys take longer than travesty keys though, which is one of the reasons why I prefer the latter.

F

Fumoffu

Oh, i was reading on some guide that it was an hour, my mistake. I know dreadhorn and the like are 20K seconds so yeah.

Thanks for the clarification.

Guum do you have spellweaving, is it that much harder to fight travesty without? I can't get the arcane focus needed so I don't have spellweaving.

G

guum

I have a bunch of skills on soulstones...my tamer is either weaving/necro or disco/peace generally. I picked up an advanced character token a few weeks ago and will be making a second tamer so that there's less skill-swapping.

I've done travesty with both weaving and discord. My experience is as follows: weaving is a good choice if you can reliably get level 6 focii. Level 5s are fine as well, but I wouldn't want to try any lower than that. The first 90% of the fight goes a lot slower with weaving instead of discord, but the last 10% is easier (and that's the hard part).

I usually do travesty with discord...it's totally doable, but expect to fail the first half a dozen times or so while you get the positioning down. If travesty gets close enough to see you (and take your form, complete with discord), it's game over 100% of the time. This is generally not a problem until she jumps at the end -- it's easy enough to edge in there when you first go in and let your GD go to town. Just before she jumps (use lore to watch her HPs...she generally jumps at around 3750 HP, although it seems to vary a bit), go to the entrance and invis. Once the ninjas and mages show up, re-log to get your GD back with you, and vet it up. Then, slowly, creep forward until the GD goes out on its own. You have to be *very* careful here and approach Travesty from the furthest point away -- don't cut corners. Approach one tile at a time until you can cast GHeal on your GD. If its looking like you're going to be too close to Travesty, run back to a safe corner, relog again, and reset. With some patience, you'll eventually get everybody positioned so that Travesty is on the other side of your GD, can't see you (and hence can't discord), and you can still heal your dragon. But, like I said, you'll fail a bunch at first. I think I failed probably 8 out of my first 10 attempts, and I started to think that it might not be possible to do consistently, but I finally figured it out to the point where I have something like a 90% success rate.

If you're using weaving instead, camp out at the west brit arcane circle (just go afk on it and do something else) -- eventually you'll get a high-level focus. You're still better off if Travesty doesn't take your form -- I just use Gift of Renewal, Gift of Life (the best spell in the game for peerless, really), and Word of Death at the end.

I tried archer/tamer too, but I wouldn't recommend it -- travesty does way too much damage shooting at you. Haven't tried straight mage-tamer, but I have my doubts that it would work very well. A template I haven't tried but suspect might be successful is nox-mage-tamer: I've noticed that Travesty almost never bothers to cure herself when my GD poisons her, and by the end, she moves slow enough so that you could just snipe her with a poison, lay down a couple of fields, and run off.