• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was in Tokuno. I was died and when i ress myself I had NO ARMOR; NO JEWELS NO THINGS INSURED.
I spend my money for having an account ( more then one, i have 5 accounts)
And for a stupid bug i have to spend my money another time?????????
I've lost about 50 mullions
Obiouvsly EA says that nothing can be refund
THEY ARE THIEVES:
I'm bored, i work in real to pay for the bugs that there are in game.
I'm bored. I close my accounts and go to an unofficial shard.
Or you give me back my items.
YOU SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For who will ask to me if i had money in bank I say YES, much more then the insurance needed. And not in check but cash.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You made a post similar to this a few months back, or did you forget?

Warsong of LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it sucks, but it happens, the insurance bug is known been around for sometime. sorry to see you go. good luck and safe traveks where ever your journeys take you.

N

Nh'bdy

Good luck in the FORBIDDEN ZONE, can I have your stuff?

Just kidding.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A sorcerer armor, ring and bracelet with taming +15 plus strenght, int, dex and lrc. Crystal ball of pet summoning, Many items and money that i've not insured but it's normal :)
Only the armor costs about 40 millions. And the jewels about 3 millions.
The ball don't care, i can find another in solen hive, but if you want to buy it, his costs is about 20K.
Tha GM who has answered to me ( the canned answer) has sayed that i can't give back any item.
Well, if i macro away they stop the account. And lose the account. If i lose someone for **** of game i can't give back nothing.
I don't understand. I pay a game for what??? If is it a bug i PRETEND my armour back.
Well. Why have I to pay for a game that don't assure All momey that someoner spend for this?????????????????????
Ok, i don't want items. But i've lost 50 millions and I PRETEND to not pay for 3 months.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, GartGrery.
But now i was a little more angry and i ask to a lawyer to help me.
They are wrong and also theyr rules are wrong.
This time i pretend a refund

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Warsong of LS, if i make a mistake i pay for this.
So do EA.
Some rules are only words that with a good lawyer fall immediately.
I can't spent 50 millions. I have to refund if there is a bug.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you try going back to your body before paging?
Did you by chance buy it insured? Did you personally insure them?
Are you serious that your talking to a lawyer? lmao. Hope your not paying for consulting on this, because that will be a huge waste of cash.

I find it very odd reading these insurance bug posts though as I have never experienced it myself. Usually though I read that it only happens for a couple items, never a whole suit.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Viper99, excuse me, but i've playing far from 7 years. I've tried all that i could do.
And it's not the first time. Yes, i will talk with a lawyer, after the holidays.
Another thing. I've lost my greatar, uber and just full trained. Who give me back the money to buy another uber one?
No, this time i pretend a refund.

K

Kiminality

I lost my scouts suit, and a bunch of other stuff, because...
I transferred it all from one character to another, so even though they said they were insured, the insurance didn't stick.
So, I lost the armour, and some other stuff that made up probably over 50% of my overall wealth in game.

Yeah, I was a little pissed.
But I told myself two things:
1.) When imbuing comes in, I'll be able to affordably have a dozen high resist suits, and all the properties I'll likely need. So I could have sold it for tens of millions, as I was vaguely intending to do, but it's only pixels, and if I want tens of millions, there's plenty of other ways I can go about getting it.
2.) I'd look like an idiot, and just humiliate myself, if I went to the forums in a rage. It wouldn't get the items back, at all. In theory, EA could just strip my account bare, for giggles, because the only think I have a right to through the contract is access to the service.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, GartGrery.
You and your lawyer will clearly come out on top.

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, GartGrery.
A lawyer wont help, they didn't steal anything. You lost something due to a bug. a bug that's been proposed for years and years. I'm sorry you lost them. You pay money to be granted access to play the game. Anything you aquire in game isn't yours, it's part of the game you paid to play, they didn't deny you the service. Read the their ToS, you wont win. Best thing is to move on. It's just a game. It's not that big of a deal. I've lost many things through my years playing, soul stones (before they were vet rewards), entire boxes of arties and weapons. Again, I'm sorry for you Ivory, I'd be angry too but there's nothing you can do, and EA wont replace your items.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Red Sky, a little bug is normal. UO is full of bugs.
But this time i lose 50 millions. Do you know how many days i have to work in real to have 50 millions gp???
And the greater?
NO; this time i wnat me items back. My itewms or money to buy my items.ù
And for the greater.... A GM can give me a beautiful one.
YES, I PRETEND THIS
Or a lawyer. There are so many wrong things that a lawyer can close the game.
I pay for a service. This ser5vice it's not right.
I pay for a servise but the service has not to have big bug.
Bye bye.
See you soon :loser:

Pwny

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She makes a post like this once a month. One time on atlantic I icqd her and asked her to tame me a bake kintsune. She responded a few hours later and sent me a ICQ like this saying she was quitting because of how rude UO players were. All that simply because I was AFK when she ICQd me.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kiminality, i regret for all things rhat you have to tolerate.
But the rules of playing are not so close.
I can't explain in english, sorry.
But the rules are not so good. They are a very many bug s ( :) )
A good lawyer can help not only me, but all that have problems.
The lawyer is my nephew. I pay nothing for his hekp.
For now i ask for the sorcerer armor again and the jewels.
Then i'll report them to the police.
Everyone can say " this is my rules":
But it's not so simple :)

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AFK for 2 days??
Pwny, are you climb on mirrors?
Tell me, what your post is according at this thread?
Shut up, please.
You want to say that i'm a very very bad person?
I've 54 years old. What's your age? 15? 16?
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

X

XD4_GL

First of all, it clearly states in the terms of service that any items you acquire in the game belong to EA/Mythic and not you, the player. I'm pretty sure it says lost items can not be replaced if lost due to in-game bugs. There, you may as well pay me instead of a lawyer.

Second of all, why do you keep saying "pretend"?

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you try going back to your body before paging?
Did you by chance buy it insured? Did you personally insure them?
Are you serious that your talking to a lawyer? lmao. Hope your not paying for consulting on this, because that will be a huge waste of cash.

I find it very odd reading these insurance bug posts though as I have never experienced it myself. Usually though I read that it only happens for a couple items, never a whole suit.
/Thread.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm tired to traslate every thing. Look at online translate and go on
In Italy, ci sono cavilli a cui gli avvocati si possono attaccare. La EA ne ha, di cavilli ma non così tanti da giustificare un pieno monopolio dell'andamento del gioco.
Do you know the word "MONOPOLIO"?
Well, this time there are you that have a little stress to understand what I want to say.
In every country, the lillte that you can see, EA has translate the play.
Italy not.
Drachensfels is completely in german. An handfull of person that had our ownlanguage. Europa is like american.
French ok, english and german again. BUT ITALIAN?
N0?
Most of europa players are italians. But italian is a not supported language.
Infact the most of italian player go to unofficial site. I think that everyone knows this unofficial site name!!!
My money is the same of the french money, we have Euro like the most of european state.
Euro who is much better then dollars. Infact EA make we europeans pay in euro e not in dollars :)
Ahah.... Also this is a rule of conduct??????
Until a few monthas ago i payed in dollars but suddenly the dollars has changed in euro!!!!
Repeat, also this is a rule of conduct???
I wait only the holiday's days. Then, far from 7 january, i'll report EA to the police.
Who decides to come with me, write your name in this page

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes your right there is many bugs for years in this game I know it, you know it, and others who also know it. but you knowing this for years about the bugs you take a chance by logging in and playing to get hit by a bug. because you choose to pay and play this game no one forces you.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Utopia?
Thinking that "this bug it's the last one"?
Noone is perfect.
But here "this bug is the last one" it's too much when i have to pay an half of my salary and noone is interested in it.
But now EA is interested, with a good lawyer :)

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AFK for 2 days??
Shut up, please.
Ahhhh Ivory, I wouldn't say you're a bad person but you clearly live with the fairies and can be quite rude fairly often. As stated before, your lack of english doesn't excuse your rudeness.

As already pointed out, you own nothing in this game. They can take all your items if you want and there is nothing you can about it. I'm sorry you lost your items but get over it.

If this is on Europa, I will have a look out for a good GD for you, if I can find one, you can it it for free.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is, to my knowledge, at least one other person in Italy regularly, and often, posting these boards. Perhaps he can help you translate.

Unfortunately I think you will find that the only thing EA legally has to do is provide access to the server so that you can play the game. You have no case that the police, or a lawyer, can help you with. You would do better by appealing to your fellow players to help you replace what you lost.

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Utopia?
Thinking that "this bug it's the last one"?
Noone is perfect.
But here "this bug is the last one" it's too much when i have to pay an half of my salary and noone is interested in it.
But now EA is interested, with a good lawyer :)
No, just no. If you're truly stupid enough to get a lawyer involved, you're going to lose. They'll evicit you from your game house. They'll put down all your pets, they'll burn all your wood. Everything you own will be in flames and your already slighty tarnished reputation will shot down even further and we'll laugh at you. Laugh if your face that you wasted real money to fight for something that we've all told you just isn't going to happen.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahhhh Ivory, I wouldn't say you're a bad person but you clearly live with the fairies and can be quite rude fairly often. As stated before, your lack of english doesn't excuse your rudeness.
Jb, I'm a very sweet person. You know me, outside the forum. But if i see something wrong i become a wild beast. I hate all injustice.
And if the injustice involve money ( i mean a lot of money) i become more then a wild beast.
Many bugs are stupid ( like the battle chicken), i report them or i'ìm a little angry but it stop there..
But an insurance bug that comes far from years it's too much.
Yes, i'm rude. But i'm rude only if things are wrong. And i think that to be rude is the only thing to obtain something

PS: Jb, my english is still so bad?

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't be too happy yet, by bug I mean the tame chickens being ejected. All wild hatchlings are still ejected from private houses.
This was an intended change.

Anyway Happy Christmas and don't worry about your English it is fine.

T

Tazar

I do understand your frustration - and I also have lost a full suit before - even with blessed items on it - but to put things into perspective...

Any court can not rule based on pixels. The first thing they would have to do is convert it to a Real-Life Currency. I'm not sure about a court over there, but in the US, you'd probably get laughed at by the court over wasting the judicial system's time over $25.00.

Step back, cool down, and start fresh.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously though, Ivory, attempting to sue EA over this will only end with you wasting a whole lot of money and time, even if you win, which wont even happen. Just try reading that agreement you agreed to to play this game.

Save yourself the time and money, calm down, and move on like many of us have.

F

five oclock

GOD, I SO love this game.

BTW Ivory.. I know a good lawyer..really cheap...He's like UO. Takes your money and run :D For we all pay to play :D

Yeah it stinks but good luck on your mission. We all know UO has more bugs Than the new Windows system :D All you can do is either except it..or find another game :D

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ivory

now come on, you own a castle ingame in europa which must mean you have some gold etc

just forget about the lost suit, and or buy another, or imbue a better one

you are setting yourself up here and people are winding you up

please jsut let it go and enjoy the game

after all this is all it is

take care

Jack

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AFK for 2 days??
Shut up, please.
Hey there old hag, can you rant about something else? Like.. rock music? How it's turning kids into satanists.. or something. You should be thankful that idiocy isn't illegal 'cause otherwise you'd be spending the rest of your life in a 2 by 2 windowless room.

C

Coragin

My head hurts from trying to comprehend most of this. And Im the first one to be pissed if someone gets on someone else about miss-spelling or grammar. Hell its in my sig, but damnnnnnnnn, can hardly understand this.

Seriously I am rubbing my head here.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My head hurts from trying to comprehend most of this. And Im the first one to be pissed if someone gets on someone else about miss-spelling or grammar. Hell its in my sig, but damnnnnnnnn, can hardly understand this.

I think Ivory is unhappy about something in game, but i can't quite put my fingers on what it is

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She's not really that hard to understand.
Sometimes, there is something that genuinely doesn't seem to make sense, but her English is still more legible than some people with English as a mother-tongue.

Also, is it really necessary to be so unfriendly?
You mightn't agree with, or like, the person you're replying to, but insulting them is not really the way to express your differences.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

GRAMMAR NAZI!

S

Salya Sin

Hey there old hag, can you rant about something else? Like.. rock music? How it's turning kids into satanists.. or something. You should be thankful that idiocy isn't illegal 'cause otherwise you'd be spending the rest of your life in a 2 by 2 windowless room.
Now THAT was completely uncalled for... my god... I can understand disagreeing with someone but you should be horse whipped. You didn't come on here addressing her post... no... you had to take it there. BOOO!!!

I am so sorry Ivory that you lost your suit. A suit that I myself would LOVE to have. To buy it on one of the sites online (almost the only way to get it now) is to spend $50 US dollars. I can't afford that. To have had one and then lost it to an in game glitch... yeah... I can see your frustration!

ANYONE HAVE A SORC SET? All you who claim it's just pixels... then I guess you wouldn't mind letting her have yours?

If I had one... I'd give it to you.

In life and death... yes it's just pixels... but most of us spend HOURS... YEARS... on this game acquiring things. Some of those items are put in the game as a limited commodity for everyone who collects. They are a badge for some... and everyone on here has a house FULL of items. They do spawns to get items... they attend events and complain about not getting rare items... To have turned in enough tickets on the spring cleaning event to have gotten that whole suit... Not to mention the fact that EVERYONE at one time or another has gotten angry and made rash comments in anger. No one is immune to that. And just about everyone on here has complained about the GM's or bugs or players. Maybe she has no one else to talk to about frustrations in this game? And sorry... but I sort of thought that was what the boards was for. To TALK about the game... be it happy, curious, or angry.

Ivory... as sorry as I am... I have to agree on one thing. You can't sue them or have them arrested. The legal jargon in the game agreement prevents that and you would only be setting yourself up for failure. Don't take that route... I agree with Petra.. Start a new thread... explain what you lost.. seeking someone who cares nothing about pixels to kindly help you re-attain what you lost.

And just because you pissed me off... BOOO ALEZI!! If inconsequential, disrespectful children could be hog tied legally... you would find yourself wrapped eternal!

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it is unfortunate that the suit was lost, but seeing as she owns a castle, buys more dread war horses and pups and greater dragons than i have had hot dinners, she can AFFORD a new suit, whatever the cost

50m? on europa not alot of gold nowdays for a castle owner

and yes i agree with others, if she asks nicely she would get alot more help

telling others to "SHUT UP PLEASE", not acceptable, infact the sympanthy i had for her ended just there, looking back at other posts and yes, she may get words and meanings mixed up (pretend, instead of demand i guess) but the attitude and intent is universal,whatever language you use or planet you are from:)

and also, YES i rant and rage, and make myself sound silly i am sure(told often enough by Link for one), but when i lose something ingame, i have a LONG list of "friends" on ICQ that regularly offer replacement items, when i returned i was given 25m form Whispering Green for a Dread, AoF from Julie WoY, thi could go on and on

I recommend less abuse and more welcoming "rants", and i am sure MANY people will go out of their way to help...

I thank you

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorcerer's Suit is crap anyway. For the price of one complete Sorc's suit you can get a non-imbued suit that's 5x better and an imbued suit that's 10x better.

FYI Salya, Ivory could start acting her age instead of being like a spoiled brat--stomping the floor and yelling when she can't get it her way.