• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA store site

Suki

Adventurer
Been trying to buy game time codes from the ea store site but keep getting error messages?
Any one else having this problem please?

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I get constant errors when logging in there to buy stuff with my Mac and Firefox so I use my cell phone to buy stuff on their site.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been trying to buy game time codes from the ea store site but keep getting error messages?
Any one else having this problem please?
Yes I have problems too. Tried to buy some sovereigns today. Logged in no problem, but dialogs don't drop properly and can't seem to make site function. I see some sort of payment dialog that doesn't drop properly. Finally gave up.. Just another lost sale for them. Apparently they can design industry leading games but can't make a website function properly. Absolutely sad.

Suki

Adventurer
Yes I have problems too. Tried to buy some sovereigns today. Logged in no problem, but dialogs don't drop properly and can't seem to make site function. I see some sort of payment dialog that doesn't drop properly. Finally gave up.. Just another lost sale for them. Apparently they can design industry leading games but can't make a website function properly. Absolutely sad.
it lets me choose what i want from the ea store but when go to order it it just give a error message

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone else was having problems and I suggested clearing the cache. That seemed to work for them. Might give this a try.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EA store is the most effed up website I have seen since the early 90's. As many games as EA has, as much code as it takes for all these games, just how hard is it to find someone within all these coders to actually create a fully functional store site? I try to login, I get can't login messages or EA is OFFLINE at the moment (for 2-4 mths), you must be logged in to place an order, have logged into Mythic before trying to login to the frickin store with no luck, I have changed browsers, devices, android phone, iphone, mac, computer, Xbox browser, PS4 browser, I have tried my stores computers with the same negative results, I have tried running a browser with zero cache, with 100 megs cache, cleared caches, no firewall, running LAN line directly to NIC card and bypassing routers at home and at shop with the same results. I just hope they don't sell anything nice, like an expansion until they can get their crap together.

What's strange is that I was able to use the store no problem at anytime with just minor BS before November, after that, it has been nothing but a PITA. There ARE other places to get items at...like, er other people in game, yeah that's the ticket...fix the store or I can go to another alternative and EA can be out that 25-50$ game allotment per week I allow myself the option to spend. I don't care who gets the money, if it's not being reinvested into the UO team and from what I have read it isn't being put back into paying developers in UO, so eat a big 'un EA. :grin: btw, Can anyone confirm if the developers and staff get any profit from the store?

Not really a rant, just bewildered that ANY company that is in business to make profit but just lets money slip through it's fingers can't possibly float well, with customers, stock investments and their reputation. Kamakazi business plan apparently...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are in a country other than the US, you get some really wierd stuff going on. Perhaps they have blocked other countries as the OP says in his thread after November. A long time ago it used to just log you into the site of the country you were in and you couldn't even get to the store but now it's different and does all sorts of stupid things.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah it's horrible, i couldn't buy anything on any desktop browser.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And if you do get lucky and manage to make a purchase on a code, they are quite likely gonna make you wait two days before they send it to you. :mad:

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to buy the King's Collection but it said I already owned it. Its a known issue so it's not just me and when I contact EA support and Broadsword support all I get is "No that's not our problem please contact XXX Support" back and forth. Terrible service.