• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA-Land is being shut down in 10 minutes

• Thread starter imported_LFancey
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

mike1977

<blockquote><hr>

he said gonna take 4 days for av to merge it

[/ QUOTE ]

So I guess that will be 3 days without morning maintenance in EA Land? What are the insomniacs going to do without their alarm clock to go to bed? LOL

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

PUSH!!!!!

OT: The bf's bro-in-law brought over Season 1 of Lost and said he would "make" us addicted to it. We laughed at him. Unfortunately, he was right.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol Ive gotten at least 4 people into the show that way.

G

<blockquote><hr>

WOW good one

The attempt and not the deed Confounds us.

I may have to call this off in a few.....

[/ QUOTE ]

"To know my deed, ’t were best not know myself."

We'll call it a draw on Shakespeare tag, then. Had fun playing with ya

I

imported_LFancey

Cool.. in college that was always my choice too and look where I ended up..

Hmm wait..

I would think about that but I think those brain cells are gone.

Rum was it!!!

G

SHHHH.....don't talk about LOST. Greg loves that show too and who knows who else does! We don't want them looking at the clock to see how much time they have left. LOL

G

Oh no!! Not the Captain!!! I tried that for the first time last summer and....

'nuff said!!

I

imported_LFancey

yes but you are better than me... and that makes it super fun...

Good-night, good-night! Parting is such sweet sorrow
That I shall say good-night till it be morrow.

:p

G

<font color="purple">FANCY FIELDS!!!! i LOVE YOU! *KISS KISS HUG HUG*
</font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

That's the way, Glitter. Pour with a heavy hand!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any other way???

P

Paulina

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

but, but, but .... I want to play and I want to play NOW

*stomps foot*

oooh lookie! Is that wine?

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

You lush...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why thank you ! Oh wait I thought you said you are lush

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

No more wine for you...lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so maybe I've had too much rum, but does anybody else think that smiley should be wiggling it's eyebrows Groucho Marx style and the last word there to be "........baby"???

C

Catwoman1966

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Night night Lee, it's been a great laugh

I must depart also for it is my bedtime alas *sigh*

Sweet dreams Lee and all.

Speak to you all tomorrow.

Cat.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sleep dwell upon thine eyes, peace in thy breast!--
Would I were sleep and peace, so sweet to rest!

E

EAL-Lover

<blockquote><hr>

I am going to shut down EA-Land shortly and bring it right back. We are going to add hardware to the city.

Should be a short bounce but I will keep you informed.

Cheers,
Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it quite humorous how this was interpretted as "we are fixing the lag issue" or even "we are working on the lag issue" or even "we are working on improving EA-Land" lol

Boy are y'all gonna be sore when you find out the "new hardware" is just a tape library for backups during downtime....

so many conclusions have been drawn from that one little statement haha Hope y'all are right

cheers

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

he said gonna take 4 days for av to merge it

[/ QUOTE ]

So I guess that will be 3 days without morning maintenance in EA Land? What are the insomniacs going to do without their alarm clock to go to bed? LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

NO DOUBT! I didn't even think of that!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Oh no!! Not the Captain!!! I tried that for the first time last summer and....

'nuff said!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That be Capn Lee, matey!

P

Paulina

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I am going to shut down EA-Land shortly and bring it right back. We are going to add hardware to the city.

Should be a short bounce but I will keep you informed.

Cheers,
Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it quite humorous how this was interpretted as "we are fixing the lag issue" or even "we are working on the lag issue" or even "we are working on improving EA-Land" lol

Boy are y'all gonna be sore when you find out the "new hardware" is just a tape library for backups during downtime....

so many conclusions have been drawn from that one little statement haha Hope y'all are right

cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Let us dream, in an alcoholic state it is intoxicating.....lol....

I

imported_LFancey

No actually we are adding in 10 new computers.

And we think this will help lag. With software there are always other possibilities.

Nice to meet you by the way.

Cheers,

Lee

E

EAL-Lover

<blockquote><hr>

And we think this will help lag. With software there are always other possibilities.

Cheers,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG! thank you so much for confirming our dreams rather than our nightmares!!

Thous dost rocketh!

G

<font color="purple"> *Chalks up ... Lee - One ../.. Sarcastic Heckler - 0 *
*grins*</font>

I

imported_LFancey

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.

Only way we will know is when we bring it back up.... Seems like we almost got the last issue. If it turns out there is more I am going call this off till Monday.

Lee

G

<blockquote><hr>

Cheers,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

*said in a hoarsed voice*

Quick! Anybody know the Heimlich?!?! Hubby's outside and this post made me laugh in the middle of swallowing a bite of green beans. True addicts eat while at the computer but damn, I might have to rethink eating while reading potentially humorous threads, or potentially humorous posters' posts.

*cough* *sputter* *drinks some of the nearest drink to wash down the green beans --- OMG that was rum, shouldn't have chugged it* LMAO too funny, too, too funny.

E

ephemeral

<blockquote><hr>

Cheers,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

So as of 16:55 server time, where do we stand? Are you going to continue working on bringing the new serves online? Are you going to abort? Just curious as to what you are leaning towards as your plan of action...

C

Catwoman1966

<blockquote><hr>

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.

Only way we will know is when we bring it back up.... Seems like we almost got the last issue. If it turns out there is more I am going call this off till Monday.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO love the pirate icon Lee, it really suits ya!!!

Cat.

*and no I've not gone to bed yet, I don't wanna leave all the fun*

Cat.

G

Push, Lee, Push!!! I can almost see it....

I heard the doctor tell me that a coupla times.....

E

EAL-Lover

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="purple"> *Chalks up ... Lee - One ../.. Sarcastic Heckler - 0 *
*grins*</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if you took my post as heckling, nowhere did I criticise nor attack anyone. I merely pointed out that conclusions were drawn that may possibly be far from accurate.

Lee has confirmed that those conclusions were correct, which pleases me greatly.

I also don't think anything I said was sarcastic in meaning, tone, or intent, I was pretty straightforward, perhaps a dictionary will clarify "sarcastic" for me as I must not fully understand what it means (note: that, btw, WAS sarcasm)

I

imported_LFancey

Valid question.. I have the attention of IT, NetEng, SOUnix, and EA-Land team.

Keeping the presure on them helps get it solved faster but must be balanced against if we think we are close to last issue.

We are checking 3 of the boxes that did not want to connect to our network... 4 issues have been resolved. 1 appears to remain. If there is a demon after this one we will call it off and issue restart on EA-Land.

Lee

G

<blockquote><hr>

Push, Lee, Push!!! I can almost see it....

I heard the doctor tell me that a coupla times.....

[/ QUOTE ]Thanks! You've just made me spew iced tea all over the place!

G

so with some of the new computers/servers online will it help with the lag i know not all of them connected?

J

JustinKase

Lee

Is there any chance my Disappearing Target Card from Lava Game 2 could be hiding somewhere on one of those 10 computers!!!!!!!!!

I have my cards totaling 33 Blue,,,,Just waiting for the Target card to re-appear back into my inventory where it vanished from.

I know your hiding it somewhere Lee, quit playin around!!
LOL

U gonna give it back?

R

Riley-

I would just like to thank you for the continuous updates. It means a lot to us addicts

I

imported_LFancey

The thinking is it will help and let us double load. But the only way to be sure is to stand up the city with the hardware and see what happens.

there are always many possiblilities but we are doubling the hardware so....

I

imported_LFancey

JustinKase,

Nope I don't got it.. monster ate it but worry not. We will fix that up when we get through this one fire. The smoke needs to clear from my office too but...

*cough cough* where is my mouse...

I

imported_LFancey

OOO how could I have missed this? It might actually be the cream fur stuck in the hard drives.. Dang it we where sooo close monkyeebeartso...

Maybe next time.

Lee

G

*crosses fingers for death to the lag monster*

Maybe someone is reading this message and might be at loose ends.
No homework. No chores. No EA-Land.

Maybe this will help?
what's your pirate name?

G

<blockquote><hr>

JustinKase,

Nope I don't got it.. monster ate it but worry not. We will fix that up when we get through this one fire. The smoke needs to clear from my office too but...

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA Lee, Nice Fire in the office time to call the fire department or scream and run around in circles like the sims do!

I

Isimsalotta

so....

Batten down the hatches ~ Weigh anchor and hoist the mizzen!

May fair winds find ye when you do fire up thee scurvy hamsters on thy path to EA-Land!

G

<blockquote><hr>

OOO how could I have missed this? It might actually be the cream fur stuck in the hard drives.. Dang it we where sooo close monkyeebeartso...

Maybe next time.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Lmao !!

Oh Lee so, so cruel

Polly

J

JustinKase

<blockquote><hr>

JustinKase,

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about it, your in your office smokin (prolly somethin nice) with a monster, dude, the monster got the munchies and ate the mouse!!!!!!

Keep up the good work, and stop sharing ur stuff with monsters!!!

L

Lynnie

sweet!
First time I seen anyone at least acknowledge anything about the disappearing targets, cards and stuff. I was starting to panic..
There is hope for my poofed Orange 40 target after all. ty ty ty ty ty

I

imported_LFancey

WOW... Minkz and Mark just handed me a Crown and Coke.. not my usual fair but any port in a storm...

Cheers..

We are close and should know soon.