• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA Japan Promotional Items

Joshua Ravenloft

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know this was talked about a couple of years ago, and Mesanna did mention something about adding these items to Origin for all to be able to buy.

Quote from Ask&Answer no5:

UO Mania Sir Bolo - the Singing Balls and Secret Chests are only available on the UO store in Japan at the moment. Are you going to make them available for sale also on origin.com in the US and in Europe?

Mesanna: I can add the Secret Chest in the future when I have other things to add to the origin store. I need everyone to understand this is a normal chest that has the ability to have a combo lock on it thus a great role playing tool.

Is there any plans by the dev's to still do this? It would be great if it can be done because these items are getting harder and harder to find!

Thanks...

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would also like to see them at the Origin store. If this will never happen, say so. Please.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That would be interesting to have. A lot of items show up for UO Japan and not the US :-(

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You want a secret chest? I can get you a secret chest... believe me... there are ways dude... you dont wana know, believe me... hell, i could get you a secret chests by 3 oclock this afternoon with nail polish...

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw how fast Atlantic players got the chest and the green singing ball at an idoc. :( So please Mesanna , put them in the store.

Joshua Ravenloft

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You want a secret chest? I can get you a secret chest... believe me... there are ways dude... you dont wana know, believe me... hell, i could get you a secret chests by 3 oclock this afternoon with nail polish...
Nice post that made me chuckle :)...

Seriously though - yes I would like to buy several Secret Chests because they are so usuable. For example, fish. Because the chest is a very large space when opened, you can fit all types of a group (fresh water) in to one and be able to see them with space between. Vendors, the SC is a great way to display a lot of a particular type of an item (SOTs) because of the size... I could go on but think you get my drift?

Mesanna was quite right when she eluded to the RP possibilities, of which there are numerous! It would be a hell of a gift if we got them, or a simliar type for Xmas, but I know it's more likely they will stay as a purchase only item, which I'm fine with if they can make it so.

I would also like to see these for sale both as an individual item and a bundle, of say five, if possible please because I imagine those that buy them would want more than one!

Thanks in advance :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Notice she said *When she has other things to put in the store* so maybe give her some ideas of other things to put in the store so she doesn't waste time just putting 1 thing?

What else would people like to see in the store besides a super secret box?

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Here are a few ideas I'd like to see in the Origin Store.

1) A starter kit: Crafting.
A) Blacksmithing: 25k of each: Iron, dull copper, shadow iron, copper and bronze. 10-15k of each: gold, agapite, verite and valorite. Along with this, all Heartwood blacksmith recipes would be included with a normal hammer with 10k charges.
B) Carpenter: 25k of each: Normal, oak, ash, and yew. 10-15k of each: Bloodwood, heartwood and frostwood. All Heartwood recipes and a saw with 10k charges.
C) Alchemist: 5k-10k bottles and 50k of each regent along with a mortar with 10k charges.

Along with this, I'd like to see a change with the mythic character token. Instead of being limited to 5x90 skill points, just give me 450 points that I can put wherever I want. For $25, I should have an option to create an instant legendary character if I have the power scrolls available.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

A) Blacksmithing: 25k of each: Iron, dull copper, shadow iron, copper and bronze. 10-15k of each: gold, agapite, verite and valorite. Along with this, all Heartwood blacksmith recipes would be included with a normal hammer with 10k charges.
B) Carpenter: 25k of each: Normal, oak, ash, and yew. 10-15k of each: Bloodwood, heartwood and frostwood. All Heartwood recipes and a saw with 10k charges.
C) Alchemist: 5k-10k bottles and 50k of each regent along with a mortar with 10k charges.

Along with this, I'd like to see a change with the mythic character token. Instead of being limited to 5x90 skill points, just give me 450 points that I can put wherever I want. For $25, I should have an option to create an instant legendary character if I have the power scrolls available.
I can't tell if this is sarcasm :(

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i would be happy with being able to choose 5 of the same skill at 90....
so, maybe a token for 5 dollars to allow 1 skill at 90.
that being said, i dont think ive ever bought anything from the UO store. its always way cheaper to just buy in game for gold, but would pay around 12-15 mil for one 90 skill.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I can't tell if this is sarcasm :(
I'm being serious. We can start a 5x90 character with max stats that can jump right into most dungeons. Why not do the same for a crafter that may be starting in a new shard? For $25 of course.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
There's a lot of stuff we were never offered. Chests, Singing Balls, green and red lady bug lights, I'm sure there's more. There's 3 or 4 items off the top of my head. So go ahead and start listing :) That's easy money for UO, why aren't they doing it? All the works done, just list them.

Joshua Ravenloft

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm being serious. We can start a 5x90 character with max stats that can jump right into most dungeons. Why not do the same for a crafter that may be starting in a new shard? For $25 of course.
It's a great idea but I think it would need development... This was just a request for existing stuff already available and for sale elsewhere to be added to the store so the rest of us could buy them.. I think there's likely a lot more chance of this happening at the moment than the latter...

Still a good idea though and hopefully something for the future... I've always thought that resource packages should be something players could buy from Origin - not everyone has the time to farm, and some stuff requires not only a fair amount of time to gather, but also enormous amounts of that resource, eg: reforging.

Dixie of Chesapeake

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
its total BS that the items are different anyway....nothing should be put on either site without being put on the other. it is very unfair to the players, and allows people with access to the other site to make billions of gold... Ive said it before and got banned from stratics for some odd reason but ill say it again. if all shards cannot be treated equally " asian or american" then transfers between those shards needs to be stopped.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i would be happy with being able to choose 5 of the same skill at 90....
so, maybe a token for 5 dollars to allow 1 skill at 90.
that being said, i dont think ive ever bought anything from the UO store. its always way cheaper to just buy in game for gold, but would pay around 12-15 mil for one 90 skill.
5 bucks for 90 in a single skill = Winner !!

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Id love to see a 100cash option to remove an object from the game... so many pesky trees getting in the way of placing a castle... :)

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most regional Origin stores have different things on them..... it's stupid, and ridiculous, and shows how little grasp EA/Mythic/Broadsword have of the concept of an international internet game, but the internal 'organisation' of EA meant each region got to make choices what it sold, so we have a mess. People in some countries simply can't buy some products, other regions have different things missing.

EA never bothered addressing it, it apparently wasn't worth the effort, and it looks like Mythic and Broadsword are failing as well. They keep talking about it, and acknowledging it's a mess, but seem incapable of actually getting it sorted out. Ironic, a company that fails to take money from customers willing to give it to them because their internal processes are designed by idiots....... and a 'management' that can't get their finger out and resolve it - even when they say they know it's the case.

LetheGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously though - yes I would like to buy several Secret Chests because they are so usuable. For example, fish. Because the chest is a very large space when opened, you can fit all types of a group (fresh water) in to one and be able to see them with space between. Vendors, the SC is a great way to display a lot of a particular type of an item (SOTs) because of the size... I could go on but think you get my drift?
I think that is the main reason the majority of us like them, well CC users anyway. It would be great if we could get a nice LARGE and standardized open container gump with a light colored background for all the containers. It's a PITA to find dark colored items in most of the containers we have now.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I believe this was one of the main reasons why Mesanna wanted to set up an "in-game" store. While I find that somewhat scary I'm used to that in some of the games that I play and if done right it can be very nice. Certainly it would fix many of the issues with being able to buy what you want when you want it. I also hope it could cut the cheating/duping in the process but I rather doubt it would. It couldn't hurt too much... since it can't get much more borked than it already is.

As for Japan promotional items only being available to them... I find that rather unfair and annoying. While I can see wanting to keep them interested and such I don't understand why they should be entitled to special items just because of where they live. What's good for one ought to be good for all.

Sadly though I think the DEV's have bigger fish to fry so to speak right now and with the major holidays approaching I don't expect to have much going on till probably March or April of next year. As that seems to be the general way things go. Happy to have two awesome publishes in a row here in the last bit but I'm not going to hold my breath for that sort of time frame on publishes to continue especially with the Holidays coming up.

Silentfury

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
its total BS that the items are different anyway....nothing should be put on either site without being put on the other. it is very unfair to the players, and allows people with access to the other site to make billions of gold... Ive said it before and got banned from stratics for some odd reason but ill say it again. if all shards cannot be treated equally " asian or american" then transfers between those shards needs to be stopped.
Dixie...I thought you said you were quitting UO. Have second thoughts ?