• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA is already cutting corners

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And if your post title had any relevance to the content, it would be interesting...

So why deliberately post a misleading title?

The WAR content changes were because they found out in playtesting that they were spreading the playerbase too thin - try READING some of the reports on the reasons for this - or have you done so, already, and are just trolling for more EA bashing?

K

kennykilleduo

And if your post title had any relevance to the content, it would be interesting...

So why deliberately post a misleading title?

The WAR content changes were because they found out in playtesting that they were spreading the playerbase too thin - try READING some of the reports on the reasons for this - or have you done so, already, and are just trolling for more EA bashing?
Whats misleading about a company who promotes one thing , a few days before there Collectors Edition is soldout , they annouce these cuts, sorry but I was once a believer that Mythic would be different and help our game , now they are part of the darkside.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Whatever....

So, you'd rather them launch an incomplete game to have something to pancake about then, or one where warfare constantly falls apart because the number of RvR combat possibilities means that full-force attacks never occur, than them take corrective measures before official release?

They cut down to 2 realms from what? 4 or 6? And the classes in question were tied to the cities, IIRC. NOT removing the classes would be like removing elves from a Tolkien or Gygax derived setting, and then allowing Dwarves and Orcs to use Elf-specific classes.

IMO the worst thing that happened with the faction concept in UO was making too many of them all at once for the playerbase to support, and you WANT them to repeat that mistake in WAR?

(shakes head in disbelief)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Sounds like a good move to me.
UO could need some cutting too, to much land, to many towns, to many templaters and last but not least, to many items do not make a better game

R

Ravenspyre

So have the tin-foil hats been handed out yet? Last I read, this decision was made without any of EA's involvement.

It's the ignorant, bile spewn, rampant stupidity posts like this that keep me firmly believing UO is a lost cause.

C

Coppelia

WAR developpement cut (and that's bad for the game, contrary to the non-sense Freija is mumbling about) + EA Mythic becoming Mythic Entertainment again.
Doesn't it smell EA fleeing the failure of WAR?

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sounds like a good move to me.
UO could need some cutting too, to much land, to many towns, to many templaters and last but not least, to many items do not make a better game
I say combining shards is the answer to this problem, and more spring cleaning ideas that reduce items instead of creating items like making a reward for a million points you get a GM skill set in a select few skills, 5 million for another skill set... and make it so these points can only come from turning in items not completing quests on newbie characters

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, you'd rather them launch an incomplete game
After almost 11 years, UO isnt completed...

IMO the worst thing that happened with the faction concept in UO was making too many of them all at once for the playerbase to support
Remember the Abyss server? Or Abyss Test? Thats what factions was kinda modeled after, and supposed to be. Granted, the present faction system is laughable compared to what went on during those servers.. THAT was factions.

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure so much as combining servers would be the best way. Maybe shutting down servers and giving people a list of servers for relocation. The more I read about it the more receptive I am to the idea of shutting down servers even if LS is one of them.

I would hate it if I had to decide what chars to delete if two servers I play are combined. Give me an option of where to move to instead.

Make a moving crate to move certain number of items to another server. When they place a house they can relocate the crate. Allow people moving in to have a certain time they can place a house without having to compete with the current residents.

When they tried this in TSO/EALand I automatically thought of the possibilities for UO.

R

Ravenspyre

Hate to say it, but at the current state of the game, and the decline I am seeing of all the old guard leaving, UO's life is not measured in years anymore. At this rate, server closure is almost guaranteed now. The cost to maintain with the constant setting back of a promised expansion;

All I can say is at this point, UO2 better be in the works. Salvaging UO now is a lost cause.

L

Lady_Mina

Well f.ck that...i'm not playing Warhammer anyways. :)

I doubt EA will be cutting any of UO's corners...since there's not much to cut...except for throwing out the last few GameMasters.