• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA Customer Service does it again

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because I can't get an order to go through on EA store I followed their advice to order by e-mail for the second time.

The first time was over a month ago, and getting no response back from them and checking my credit card to make sure I wasn't billed, I sent them a second e-mail to attempt to place the order.

This time I got a response back in e-mail that says:

Greetings,
The e-mail address you have written to is unable to receive incoming messages. Your response is important to us, so please read the following information on how to reply so we may continue to assist you with your support needs.
If you are responding to a support incident you recently opened with us, please visit support.ea.com, log in, and click the My Stuff tab. From there, you can respond to your incident with additional information.
If you are having difficulty logging in to our support site, here are some tips on making sure you're set up properly.
Our Customer Support Knowledge Base contains over 7,000 articles designed to answer the majority of questions asked of our Customer Support Representatives, so there's a good chance we may already have an answer for you! Checking the Knowledge Base prior to submitting an incident helps us ensure a timely response.

Thank you,
Electronic Arts Customer Support
Oh that makes so much sense to send an e-mail saying you can't send an e-mail, doesn't it? And I'm so happy the knowledge base is going to help me. I just give up. :coco:

I wasn't one bit nice in my reply to them :mad:

S

Slopp

did you send the email directly from your email provider? or use their support case form? I believe you may need to login and use the form. if you did do that then nevermind.

Idahoan

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The "support site" is not the answer.

I used the procedures outlined by EA to order some codes via the support site. Ten days later I received my order. Not one day, two or three, but TEN days!!!

I am not going to bore ya with the details other than to say if all of EA support is like the experiences I have had over the last 3 months, EA won't be around much longer.

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*rolls eyes*
I've about had it with their customer service. It's gone from bad when I started nearly 9 years ago to just a joke.

I've spent the better part of 3 hours today between the website and the phone computer trying to find an answer. Each and every selection on the phone ends with visit www.support yadda yadda

You go there, set up an EA Master Account, try to use their contact menu it doesn't even list UO as a game option in their category list. No where can I find a live person any more regardless of what country their in.

I am attempting to find out if there is away to retrieve a name change code for which the email has been lost. Its not in any help menu I can find. I did send them an email got an incident report but the category is NOT a game I own because they don't list that one. So I hold little hope of the email doing any good.

Has anyone reading this forum ever dealt with this issue?

Idahoan

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
goto support.uo.com

login

use "contact us" to make a new incident and give them the original incident # as well as date and any other reference and you "MIGHT" get some help. Just don't camp by the pc waiting.

T

Tazar

I usually have good luck calling 1(866) 543 - 5435. Once the machine answers, select option #1, then wait a moment and select option #1 again. That gets you to a live operator. As long as you are paying by credit card (even easier if it is the same card that pays for your account), they should be able to help you.

Safe Journeys!

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The "support site" is not the answer.

I used the procedures outlined by EA to order some codes via the support site. Ten days later I received my order. Not one day, two or three, but TEN days!!!

I am not going to bore ya with the details other than to say if all of EA support is like the experiences I have had over the last 3 months, EA won't be around much longer.

We lost power for 7 days and cable for 10 days from Gustav so has Stratics already changed it's policy on allowing people to advertise sites that sell items for cash in their posts?

You are advertising your website in your sig is the reason I ask.