• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dye Tubs UI

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm collecting feedbacks on the dye tubs now.

In the new version of Pinco's UI there will be a new gump common for ALL the dye tubs available in game.
It will show all the color obtainable with the tub you ar using, but not with little squares like the default, but with an item. For example, the normal dye tub will show robes in all the 1000 colors available, on a leather dye tub you will see a leather chest, on a runebook dye tub you're gonna see runebooks and so on...

Here it is a preview:
dyetubs.jpg
(this is the gump for the plain dye tub)

As you can see other than allowing you to see all the colors, you can easily see all the info about the one you are going to choose.

It will also allow you to save a color in your custom list (so you don't need to have dozens of dye tubs in order to keep your favourites colors). The list is shared for the whole account and every shard.

Another option is the Known Colors List that actually shows you all the named colors (like the one of the pigments) obtainable with that dye tub.

And of course, like on the old version of my UI, there is the button that allows you to copy the color from an item (this time there is also a check to see if can be obtained with the tub you are using).

As last feature, you can click the "Selected Color Info" image to change it with the image of another item (like the one you wish to dye) so you will be able to have a good preview of the color.

Now, would you like something else to be added to this gump? let me know :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That would be super useful! Yes Please!

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't normally use the EC but that's a pretty damn nice feature.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just used it for the first time to "pick" a color. pretty groovy mister! Could you make it so there is toggle for a regular gump and advanced gump? This way if we are trying to dye something simple, the big gump does not come up everytime?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry but i have no idea why anyone would need this.

if your going to do it, show all clothing / armor items, as the colors show up differently on all of them.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I'd suggest a "Target Item Preview" button, where (from that dialog) you can pick a target item for preview. Then the above "Selected Color Info" would be changed for the target item. That way you see exactly how the color would look on the item.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if your going to do it, show all clothing / armor items, as the colors show up differently on all of them.

Hrm

" As last feature, you can click the "Selected Color Info" image to change it with the image of another item (like the one you wish to dye) so you will be able to have a good preview of the color. "

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just used it for the first time to "pick" a color. pretty groovy mister! Could you make it so there is toggle for a regular gump and advanced gump? This way if we are trying to dye something simple, the big gump does not come up everytime?
I don't see the problem here, is not that you have to dye things in the middle of a battle or something :D
Besides, with this gump you can get the color faster than before, and if you save your favourites colors it will be MUCH better that clicking the little square that is never the same on an object...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sound interesting. I find the existing gumps on some of the tubs very confusing, especially the leather tub. The colours shown in the gump seem to bear no relation to the colour in the tub when selected

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sound interesting. I find the existing gumps on some of the tubs very confusing, especially the leather tub. The colours shown in the gump seem to bear no relation to the colour in the tub when selected
yes, except the metallic dye tubs all those gumps shows ambiguous asterisks, that's why I used an item specific for the dye tub kind, so you can quickly get an idea :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yes, except the metallic dye tubs all those gumps shows ambiguous asterisks, that's why I used an item specific for the dye tub kind, so you can quickly get an idea :)
Speaking of ambiguous asterisks, could you rework the hair dye gump while you're at it? The colors shown in the EC currently bare little resemblance to what your hair will actually look like when dyed o_O

Thanks!

p.s. Might want to consider the skin dye gump too! :devil:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would also be neat to enter dye values by the hue number. I'm ALWAYS using the fantastic HUE ID tool built into Pinco UI. I hope this feature is present in the new UI?

For example I might see someone and then use the ID tool to see what colour they have dyed an item. It would then be neat if I can just open up my dye tub and enter to number value to get the same colour.

I understand that not all of the numbers can be used as they aren't available on all dye tubs. This could just simply have a message saying something like "This colour is not available on this dye tub".

EDIT - They actually had this system on Test Center for the 16th anniversary. You would just double click the dye tub and then enter the number of the hue you wanted (even glacial!)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
will recoding this "break" prepatch leather and metal dye tubs that use cloth dyes colors (only 1 color per tub) ?

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but with an item. For example, the normal dye tub will show robes in all the 1000 colors available, on a leather dye tub you will see a leather chest, on a runebook dye tub you're gonna see runebooks and so on...
It would make the most sense, if the item would be exactly the same type as klicked. I.e. when dyeing leather arms, the preview item would be leather arms.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
will recoding this "break" prepatch leather and metal dye tubs that use cloth dyes colors (only 1 color per tub) ?
Who is re-coding dye tubs?
Pinco is just updating the color picker UI...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Speaking of ambiguous asterisks, could you rework the hair dye gump while you're at it? The colors shown in the EC currently bare little resemblance to what your hair will actually look like when dyed o_O

Thanks!

p.s. Might want to consider the skin dye gump too! :devil:
This X100! Pretty please Pinco!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you don't use the dyes there is no gump, so how this may alter your old tubs?

It would make the most sense, if the item would be exactly the same type as klicked. I.e. when dyeing leather arms, the preview item would be leather arms.
you can change the "selected color info" image, redraw everything is just a waste of resources...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This X100! Pretty please Pinco!
I'm thinking about it, but the hairs are not simple to show... I have to see if there is a way to show the paperdoll image of the hairs (a default one because I can't determine which one you have) and apply the hue to it..

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and also the hair dyes has been included into this gump so it will all use the same gump :p