• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Durability Help

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Okay I recently came back and have a question. I have a legendary smith, he doesn't get much work these days, lol. I'm working up the whole imbuing skill currently. I use almost entirely leather armor. I did happen upon a really nice gorget. It's metal with the mage armor property (Gladiator's collar). So naturally I never take it off. Went to repair it and got 149/150. I witnessed it's mortality some day lol. So is there a way to raise the durability on this up to 255? Or must I face someday this will turn to dust? Does it make any difference this being a "named item" over normal metal armor when it comes to raising durability? Thanks!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm guessing it's a [replica] one? Replica items can't have POF used on them to raise up durability to 255.

Also with imbuing make sure you apply the powder of fortifying to the item BEFORE imbuing. Imbued items can't be powered.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In order to decrease the loss of durability make sure your smith has 120 smithing and a +60 ancient smithy hammer when you repair it.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In order to decrease the loss of durability make sure your smith has 120 smithing and a +60 ancient smithy hammer when you repair it.
Does wearing a +Skill Talisman help with repair success also ?

Does it matter whether the +skill on the talisman is normal or exceptional repairs wise ?

What about Tailoring, Tinkering, Fletching which do not have +60 Ancient Smith hammers ?
How to increase the success chance at repairs for those skills ?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I don't think the talisman helps at all, I've never seen anywhere that says it does. I am pretty sure those are only for making new.