• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Duping

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think ive said enough in the title.

so whos going to buy a mythic token from the ea store any time soon?

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hopefully the ban hammer comes out for these jerks.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
issuing bans for cheaters is great (and expected) and i know that uo's design flaws make the abiltiy to dupe something that im assuming will never go away, but cant something be done? i know ea needs to devote its resources to designing new deco theme packs, but come on. was the "no dupes on vendors thing" really the best that could be done?
Another slight deterant that seems easy enough to do in no dupes in trade window. if you really need to trade a duped item, you can put it on the ground.

and of course, the best fix (tho i dont know if its possible) is remove the abilty to clean duped items so they can vendor.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well the "no dupes on vendor" thing already doesnt work and we have known this from day one it came out. They need to restate at the very least it doesnt work at all on event items or server births since everyone i know can put their "Real" LT sash on the vendors and thats just laughable and same thing with the 2 story statues all will go on vendors lol. Two of the most heavily duped items in game excluding tokens. Wasnt there only 1 Lt sash??? or just a handful i forgot but it wasnt the hundreds that go on the vendors today lol. But ya the mythic token thing going on now is just further proof something not right or there is a work around to throw these items on vendors.......or someone just has no clue and doesnt know what the value of gold is and selling them for way under price just to have gold but we all know highly unlikely. :/

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well the "no dupes on vendor" thing already doesnt work and we have known this from day one it came out. They need to restate at the very least it doesnt work at all on event items or server births since everyone i know can put their "Real" LT sash on the vendors and thats just laughable and same thing with the 2 story statues all will go on vendors lol. Two of the most heavily duped items in game excluding tokens. Wasnt there only 1 Lt sash??? or just a handful i forgot but it wasnt the hundreds that go on the vendors today lol. But ya the mythic token thing going on now is just further proof something not right or there is a work around to throw these items on vendors.......or someone just has no clue and doesnt know what the value of gold is and selling them for way under price just to have gold but we all know highly unlikely. :/
yeah, im no expert on uo code, but the "no dupes on vendor" never worked as it was assumed by most it would. It would at least be somewhat useful if "new" dupes wouldnt vendor. which i think is also somewhat the case and is partially working except that its pretty much common knowledge that freshly duped items can be "cleaned" which is where the new system falls apart and is one big fail.
Like i said, im no code expert and realize that duping cant be eliminated from uo all together, but i ask the devs to at least attempt to show some devotion to the game, and to ea and the mythic store income, and to devote at least some development resources to combat duping.

Last edited:

choco butter (DP*)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
*cleaning items via xfer* does not work any longer.... i have tested with a duped slither i bought at auction.... the worst thing is if you go from shard A to shard B than to shard C and back to shard A like everyone does now there is shields it auto writes dupe on your items... they will not be able to vend... not Evan if you got it yourself with hard work!!!! so if anything they messed up xfer tokens for cross sharding... however there is only two items left i believe that are *cleanable* mythic tokens and xfer tokens... i have personaly bought from uostock and other websites and paid $100+ on xfer tokens ALL OF THEM DUPED!!!! i know how to clean than and since i bought them i think i had the right however i did not i just used mine as planned.. but the point to this post is i do know some UO code its really not hard to replicate a OSI server for yourself as long as you know C++ and a little about editing... there is NO WAY to stop dupes due to *tom's* way of writing the original code. it was bugged. but for UO entering its 16th year i think EA has done some good to counter dupes and at least stop current methods our only problem is when they patch it brings new loops in code and more ways to exploit non of witch anyone should be doing. i wish everyone would play clean. i am not talking about scripting Evan hell i think almost everyone has used a script to build taming LOL... but the duping and endless wins in fel yew are ridiculous and EA should be fighting these issues more than DECO because i want a cleaner game i could care less about what my house looks like.
also as a side note instead of deco... who wants new lands? new player skills? and above all THE ORC RACE!!!!

angshere

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
*cleaning items via xfer* does not work any longer.... i have tested with a duped slither i bought at auction.... the worst thing is if you go from shard A to shard B than to shard C and back to shard A like everyone does now there is shields it auto writes dupe on your items... they will not be able to vend... not Evan if you got it yourself with hard work!!!! so if anything they messed up xfer tokens for cross sharding... however there is only two items left i believe that are *cleanable* mythic tokens and xfer tokens... i have personaly bought from uostock and other websites and paid $100+ on xfer tokens ALL OF THEM DUPED!!!! i know how to clean than and since i bought them i think i had the right however i did not i just used mine as planned.. but the point to this post is i do know some UO code its really not hard to replicate a OSI server for yourself as long as you know C++ and a little about editing... there is NO WAY to stop dupes due to *tom's* way of writing the original code. it was bugged. but for UO entering its 16th year i think EA has done some good to counter dupes and at least stop current methods our only problem is when they patch it brings new loops in code and more ways to exploit non of witch anyone should be doing. i wish everyone would play clean. i am not talking about scripting Evan hell i think almost everyone has used a script to build taming LOL... but the duping and endless wins in fel yew are ridiculous and EA should be fighting these issues more than DECO because i want a cleaner game i could care less about what my house looks like.
also as a side note instead of deco... who wants new lands? new player skills? and above all THE ORC RACE!!!!
I guess I'm the "almost" 'cause my tamer isn't finished after 9 years, lol. :)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if you do a transfer loop items will be flagged as duped? this seems like a major issue and one i need to look into as ill get my shields in a few months.