• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

duped items?

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so has anyone been brave enough to put up a vender at their house and start trying to put stuff on it to see just how much of our stuff is duped?

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I had feared my demon slayer Scrappers was a dupe....and after testing...it is not! Woot! :D

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear VooDoo you tickle me!!
Yes I was considering doing exactly that..... I dread the finds... from my son's shopping expaditions....
Speaking from years in UO there was nothing sacred to the dupers...... it if was worth mills ...........they duped it...
Heck I know of one time the idiots duped junk!!!

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you just cant put them on venders.

thank god, man would i be screaming green meanies if i lost those 2 items.
i dont wanna say how much i paid for those years ago when UO gold was actually worth something on the open market, haha

UOMarissa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I guess I will have to log in and see if a few things I have are bad news hahahah

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mmmmmmm.....has anyone got a 2 story statue for sale???....ill need u to pop it on a vendor first though....so i can see its not a dupe!!!

awesome step in the right direction devs!!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so has anyone been brave enough to put up a vender at their house and start trying to put stuff on it to see just how much of our stuff is duped?
Yes, I tried at my house with a number of items. I don't think it works, or I'm real lucky and my 150m LT sash is real! Also tried a Slither which I purchased when there was a sudden surge of them in Luna and prices went very low. I was expecting this to be a dupe but went on a vendor with no problems.

I read before that if items get x-fer'd it removes the dupe tag, do we have any word on this?

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I tried at my house with a number of items. I don't think it works, or I'm real lucky and my 150m LT sash is real! Also tried a Slither which I purchased when there was a sudden surge of them in Luna and prices went very low. I was expecting this to be a dupe but went on a vendor with no problems.

I read before that if items get x-fer'd it removes the dupe tag, do we have any word on this?
no, that cant be because my 2 items that wont go onto the vender i had x-sharded over from ATL to Sonoma.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Too bad this system isnt working on Event items + Serverbirths
Then the next step for the Devs ... surely....is to make it so!!!.....as a lot of these items were duped in large numbers

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think something from the shard transferring might be actually making things show as dupes too. Where those two items worn when you transfered, Voodoo?

I also do not think this is working on server births/event items. We know there are way more of some items than there should be. Can we please get info from a Dev on this? Some folks are saying that because it goes on a vendor it's a non-dupe when I don't think it is working for our area.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think something from the shard transferring might be actually making things show as dupes too. Where those two items worn when you transfered, Voodoo?

I also do not think this is working on server births/event items. We know there are way more of some items than there should be. Can we please get info from a Dev on this? Some folks are saying that because it goes on a vendor it's a non-dupe when I don't think it is working for our area.
It 100% isnt working on event items/serverbirths.

I also know I have an item I got myself, that seems to be getting flagged, *shrugs*

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think something from the shard transferring might be actually making things show as dupes too.
I believe this to be true through character copy to TC as well (basically the same thing).

It 100% isnt working on event items/serverbirths.

I also know I have an item I got myself, that seems to be getting flagged, *shrugs*
I've had a similar experience (though with only character-copied items on TC), I haven't tried anything on prodo shards yet, been too busy farming refinements.

1 of 18 slithers (I farmed myself) appears to be considered a "dupe"... It happens to be the slither I had equip on my character during the character copy.
However, I did copy that same character over to TC 3 different times, just with different items in pack, the suit & slither equip were on each time I character copied though. (might have something to do with it...)

but hey, somehow I have 2 gladiator's collars, 2 LT sashes, 1 +20 stealth cloak, 1 Ari shroud, & 1 Captain John's Hat all non-dupes & non-replicas...

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe this to be true through character copy to TC as well (basically the same thing).

I've had a similar experience (though with only character-copied items on TC), I haven't tried anything on prodo shards yet, been too busy farming refinements.

1 of 18 slithers (I farmed myself) appears to be considered a "dupe"... It happens to be the slither I had equip on my character during the character copy.
However, I did copy that same character over to TC 3 different times, just with different items in pack, the suit & slither equip were on each time I character copied though. (might have something to do with it...)

but hey, somehow I have 2 gladiator's collars, 2 LT sashes, 1 +20 stealth cloak, 1 Ari shroud, & 1 Captain John's Hat all non-dupes & non-replicas...
Anyone involved in coding and selling us this nonsense care to comment? All evidence seems to point to a few things:

1) There is no consistency in what types of items will NOT go on vendors

2) There is strong evidence that commonly acknowledged items that have been duped are allowed on vendors (people who know that their 2 story statues, LT sashes, Orc Chief helms, etc were likely not original)

3) Items that people have actually looted themselves are being disallowed from vendors

Are you all really going to continue to let us think that this is some kind of "dupe" selling prevention? You have essentially made random items non sell-able on vendors. Unfortunately, you have a group of people who believe every word you type and now think either - their 2 story statues are real, or their race change token is duped.

Either make it work, or clarify whatever you have done, but please don't stand behind it as "your duped items can not be put on vendors". It's not fair, accurate or honest on your end to continue to do so.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes devs please sort this mess out..i certainly wont be buying any more server births or EM Items untill it is fixed....and it works on those...its giving the dupers a new licence to redupe more of them and sell as ...''proven real''.....when they are dupes and the dupe detector just aint working like it should!!...

Last edited:

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a friend test items that he xshared off during Atlantic's revert(so they exist on both shards) and only 2 items wouldn't go on a vendor.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this stuff unvendorable because it's duped? Or is it because it's blessed?
well here is where it gets tricky.
my entire suit is blessed.
so the blessed isnt the issue because i was able to test the entire suit.
but.... i know for sure that 3 of my items where from the 'original' bless deed days, back before the new clean up brit event ones.
and 2 of those wouldn't go on my vender.
so the question is..... is the item duped.... was the bless deed duped..... or is the entire item/bless deed duped?
not that it matter because i you cant separate them.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The system, simply doesn't work. Rather, it works in the way that it was coded. See my post above, we need clarification. Known duped items go on vendors just fine. Some items that people looted get flagged as duped. Tokens bought from 3rd party sites get flagged as duped.

It's fine and well that they have implemented whatever they have implemented, but there is a need for them to clarify what it is that they have done, and not just sit back and let people think that this change accounts for all "duped items". It simply is not.

Daelomin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does not work... A talisman I farmed myself is flagged as dupe. It has been blessed and it has probably been x-sharded... something is not correct with this system, the item should not be flaged as dupe. please fix it.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does not work... A talisman I farmed myself is flagged as dupe. It has been blessed and it has probably been x-sharded... something is not correct with this system, the item should not be flaged as dupe. please fix it.
A talisman that is "blessed for" your character?
I would imagine that items blessed for a particular player are simply not able to be placed on a vendor. At least I have never seen anyone on a vendor...

Daelomin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A talisman that is "blessed for" your character?
I would imagine that items blessed for a particular player are simply not able to be placed on a vendor. At least I have never seen anyone on a vendor...
Generally blessed, not Owned by....

Same problem with a generally blessed Lavaliere that has been with me when I x-sharded.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also would any dupers like to comment. I'd love to hear their feedback.

Daelomin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that this issue has something to do with blessed items and the code that will NOT let insured items be put on a vendor.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but yet some blessed items can be put on venders.
so is it maybe that the blessed deeds are duped?
is it new bless deeds or old bless deeds?

i guess at the end of the day it dosnt matter too much, as long as i dont loose my item.

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Had they had this system years ago we wouldnt be in this mess of guessing.... oh well better late then never.
Instead though they banned a whole load of people who had duped items, while the self-righteous on this very board pontificated about how great it was and how the people complaining were merely trying to cover up their own guilt.

Hope some of you who have tested your items have opened your eyes a little and now realize how unfortunately easy it can be to incidentally acquire such things which may have got your entire house/castle deleted in the past and your account banned, just like what happened to myself and a couple of friends of mine for no other reason than picking up the wrong IDOC loot.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spiritless I know what went on and alot of playersgot the axe because that Era's Dev got zelous in their broad hand of justice.
Do Not Get them confused with Todays Dev.
Mesanna and her band have been very very good to us and have been willing to listen before the axe even leaves the pouch.
I know many Items in IDOC loot is suspicious...
So Does the Dark Lady oF UO.
I am sorry for the past injustice given you and your friends but we cant go back in time to change it....
Just remember if it looks too good to be true 99% of the time it is.
But be awaire some of whome cried foul were guilty...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can we sort this out devs,,,the dupers are lapping this up with newly duped .....never to be detected server birth/em item dupes

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of curiosity, besides not being it possible to place duped items on vendors, are they also prevented to be put in a trade window ? Also, if the game has now a way to identify them as duped (therefore not allowing them to be placed on a vendor...) does the game also tag them as duped or invalid items ?
Also, why don't they get deleted automatically during maintainance by the game engine ?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
again can the devs plz plz address this.....its worse than b4...as known duped items can be reduped with no worry of being found out??????????

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When the announcement that this was implemented I thought it was a great idea. I also got great pleasure
out of knowing that those who do dupe were about to take a pretty big blow. I'm not sure that they are feeling
that way any longer. I can't imagine this staying like it is. I foresee a re-haul of it or a complete removal.
If it's a complete removal I fear that dupers will go on a rampage and try to unload stock at record rates, knowing
that the dev's are working on a detection system. :popcorn:

Reactions: THP

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a stone Ankh that got duped when I customized my house one time. I just tried both deeds and was successful in putting them on the vendor. I do not know which is dupped but both went on the vendor. So I would think the dev's need to try again.
When this happened I did report a bug. And I have not tried to sell this. Both deeds have remained in a crate until I attempted place them on a vendor this morning.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its a huge fail...big time... kinda lets the dupers start to redupe the dupes as they are not being reconized as dupes....it seems it only detects duped comodoty stuff and blessed items or something....huge fail..i hope they delete the whole program ...or sort it ouit .....unless a dev wants to comment

Last edited:

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no reply from devs in a month of this topic started, havent found any in my stash, but suprisingly a certain vendor with quite a few val hammers is still selling.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no reply from devs in a month of this topic started, havent found any in my stash, but suprisingly a certain vendor with quite a few val hammers is still selling.
I have 82 val hammer now, and none of the are dupes I got them all through the bribery system. So I don't think your seeing Duped hammers anymore they are far to easy to come by these days

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
come on devs get the system working as it should or get rid of it altoghether....it will only encourage further duping of em event items and server births that dont seem to be finding the dupe rador....as well as many other items

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
devs this still needs addressing...dont sweep it under the table..its simply not working as it should...

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Duped BoD makes a fresh hammer. Why they never busted the vendors selling bags full before bribery.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
devs this still needs addressing...dont sweep it under the table..its simply not working as it should...
It doesn't matter how many time you spam a single thread spouting the same garbage each time. Just because you keep repeating your self does not mean anyone is listing. Kind of reminds of a child asking and asking and asking for the same thing time and time again.

Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit.

andyjacksons

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It doesn't matter how many time you spam a single thread spouting the same garbage each time. Just because you keep repeating your self does not mean anyone is listing. Kind of reminds of a child asking and asking and asking for the same thing time and time again.

Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit, Mum Can I Get Rabbit.

NO YOU CANT HAVE A F***ING RABBIT NOW GO TO BED CHILD lol got to agree with you

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They didn't address in 1999 because the internet was going to crash with the coming 2k. They moved on riding those squeeking wheels for over a decade now. "OooOo look! Cliff, no need for wheels to keep moving.

Once a quarter rares certification of rares. Things that had a known production number like the Lt Sash (real). Everyone that has a real one turns in what they have and their name is put in a hat. Then all Lt Shash (real) are wiped from the game (turned in or not). Done across all shards. Then a random drawing from the names for the production count. New ones are awarded but this time they have a second line number like "3 of 10" Those at a loss get a (replica version). I stopped collecting many years ago due to the BS. If I earn it it goes in the museum now. Give a fat babies bottom for that event stuff from another shard. I ever get caught up on my BODs will have to hang/grind the chef and headless miner for one those few earned rares left.