• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dungeoneering Classes?

I'm a returning player getting back into the game after a blah blah blah.

Point is lots of things have changed and I don't remember the game like I used to. I still have some characters with stats and gear still but I have almost completely forgotten where to go to farm or what champs / dungeons to explore. So far the things I remember (used to be lizardmen and now is fairies? Despise?) have changed and I don't know where to start that doesn't end up in a massive insurance bill.

Is there a player or guild or something that would be able to run me through a dungeoneering boot camp? Just someone to show me around and rez me when I die for an afternoon or so.

Not looking for handouts in gear or gold, in fact would be willing to pay a few mil for this.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
First welcome home, Second would help to know what shard you are on... that way we can better direct you.

And finally there is always loads of help here on Stratics if you need anything at all people are generally ready to help... also there is an in-game chat system now I suggest strongly asking about in General Chat I'm sure you will quickly find some help and some new friends... maybe even an old friend or two you've forgotten.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you are on Siege there is a guild called NOOB for folks new to the Siege ruleset (returning players and prodo players alike) that will get you set up and introduce you to the shard, its special flavor of UO, and most of the active guilds. Seek out Tanager. She's the bubbly optimistic one in GC.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Welcome back! If you are on Europa there is a meeting at West Brit. Bank every evening at 6 pm UK time to help with any questions you might have. Everyone is welcome! We've all been saying for years that the changes to Despise were the worst thing for new and returning players! They did make Haven Mine but it's not the easiest place for people with low skills, the earth ellies can easily mob you and the tracks on the ground don't help. Not to mention the number of people who ended up dead, landing by accident in the ogre lord area.... :(

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not only for new and returning players. It was a place to train any new character and collect spined leather! That change was a big shock for sure, and up to this day I get sad and frustrated every time a new or returning player asks where to go. Nothing compares to old Despise!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not only for new and returning players. It was a place to train any new character and collect spined leather! That change was a big shock for sure, and up to this day I get sad and frustrated every time a new or returning player asks where to go. Nothing compares to old Despise!
As do I and everyone who returns confused asking what happened to Despise. I just shake my head and sigh.

I do though recommend that if anyone is starting they stay in New Haven and train everything they are going to up to 50 (don't worry about the crap you get from doing these silly quests most of them are garbage save for the Hallowed Spellbook perhaps)... but once you are at 50 in all the skills you think you'll be needing I suggest for Melee types the Waste (Desert North of Tokuno) Take the Center Tokuno Gate and head out the North gate of town into the desert beyond... Killing Deathwatch Beetles while it won't net you gold will give you some weak potions and scrolls but they give excellent gains. From there you can find small bands of Orcs as well... once you get up into the 70's 80's I would suggest Orcs or Shame first level. When you get up to 90 or so on an archer it's great to go stand in the Underworld entrance area and kill Acid Slugs by the 100's. (There is a grave marker to the west just inside the entrance that will rez you if you die).

For mage types ask about in Gen chat and see if anyone can hook you up with a 100%LRC suit (most anyone will) and get yourself a spellbook and if you are doing magery a -27 to -29 Magery wand and have at it from the comfort of your home.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The New Haven mine and old Haven are fine for returning players... Just did it. Can get Leather from Boglings as well. If they want spined it's probably best to explore for it and learn the game. IMO

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Point is lots of things have changed and I don't remember the game like I used to. I still have some characters with stats and gear still but I have almost completely forgotten where to go to farm or what champs / dungeons to explore. So far the things I remember (used to be lizardmen and now is fairies? Despise?) have changed and I don't know where to start that doesn't end up in a massive insurance bill.

Is there a player or guild or something that would be able to run me through a dungeoneering boot camp? Just someone to show me around and rez me when I die for an afternoon or so.

Not looking for handouts in gear or gold, in fact would be willing to pay a few mil for this.
First off, Welcome back to UO! Don't be afraid to post any questions here on Stratics.

If you started on Atlantic (which you should if you're a player who is new/returning from a long break), then you would always be welcome to give UWF a try.

You can see our Stratics page here: United We Fight [UWF]

We do nightly hunts and have alot of experienced folks who will welcome you and are always willing to help new players with questions about the game, templates, gear, you name it. We also have our own forums and voice server.

Send me a PM or an ICQ message for more details. Whether interested about joining or not, I'd be glad to help you on your journey through UO. Good luck!

Aeneas

Adventurer
If you want to run thru a 3-level dungeon, around the balrons and succubus butt naked w/o any healing method (pot/aids/SS etc) then UWF on Atlantic is the right group to run with.

That was exactly what we did yesterday night.

I am also a return player (away for ~7 years). Previously I spent most of my time in Fel champ spawns so I know next to nothing about the new lands/dungeons. UWF is a PvM guild so I’ll get to see lots of stuffs that I never did. UWF Atlantic seems like a fun group to run with.

I recommend buying Stygian Abyss to get access to the new “legendary” gears. My most prized piece worthy of a bless deed 7 years ago is nothing compared to the new legendary stuffs.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can still collect spined leather in Felucca Despise, plus you get the double resource bonus.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you want to run thru a 3-level dungeon, around the balrons and succubus butt naked w/o any healing method (pot/aids/SS etc) then UWF on Atlantic is the right group to run with.

I am also a return player (away for ~7 years). Previously I spent most of my time in Fel champ spawns so I know next to nothing about the new lands/dungeons. UWF is a PvM guild so I’ll get to see lots of stuffs that I never did. UWF Atlantic seems like a fun group to run with.

I recommend buying Stygian Abyss to get access to the new “legendary” gears. My most prized piece worthy of a bless deed 7 years ago is nothing compared to the new legendary stuffs.
I won, 120 Resist and 125 str is pretty durable even naked. LOL Got a great reward. Great guild. Good peoples. Fun times. I've been in it a week or so now and so far done enough stuff to make my girlfriend think I game too much again.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Welcome back. If you play on Chesapeake I'd belong to happy to show you around. I belong to the Citizens of Historic Dragons Watch [DWxC]. There are also many other great members of the Paxlair Community Alliance that would be glad to assist with tours, hunts, equipment, etc.

First off, Welcome back to UO! Don't be afraid to post any questions here on Stratics.

If you started on Atlantic (which you should if you're a player who is new/returning from a long break), then you would always be welcome to give UWF a try.

You can see our Stratics page here: United We Fight [UWF]

We do nightly hunts and have alot of experienced folks who will welcome you and are always willing to help new players with questions about the game, templates, gear, you name it. We also have our own forums and voice server.

Send me a PM or an ICQ message for more details. Whether interested about joining or not, I'd be glad to help you on your journey through UO. Good luck!
I sent you a PM. This sounds exactly what I'm looking for. My characters are all on Atlantic so I'm glad that worked out so nicely!

This first sentence is what sold me. I had very much the same experience with UO. I'm a PvM player and used to love doing champs. I'm very much looking forward to playing with you guys.

.....I've been in it a week or so now and so far done enough stuff to make my girlfriend think I game too much again.
My girlfriend commented to me that "I don't game as much as I used to" so I figured it was the appropriate time to fix that and get back into UO :p So wonderful to hear a guild like this is still around (on Atlantic) with open arms for new players.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uwf.rocks does not seem to work, do they have a site where I can see recent hunts ? So much of this game I have yet to do its sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Uwf.rocks does not seem to work, do they have a site where I can see recent hunts ? So much of this game I have yet to do its sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are in process of moving the UWF forums to a new server, so it will be up and down periodically over the next few days while one of our admins works on it. Sorry for the inconvenience!

If you have any questions about our recent hunts, you can send me a PM or ICQ me and I'd be glad to share more with you.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I really should have recorded that run. It was great fun and some of the vets didn't know the old dungeon, but as a returning player who spent a whole year in Fan Dancer Dojo I knew it very well. The discord for UWF is great fun too. Nice people all around. I had a ton of fun.

I really should have recorded that run. It was great fun and some of the vets didn't know the old dungeon, but as a returning player who spent a whole year in Fan Dancer Dojo I knew it very well. The discord for UWF is great fun too. Nice people all around. I had a ton of fun.

I don't know if I'll be on tonight, but for sure will be on tomorrow and this weekend. I look forward to meeting up with you guys and getting to know you all.