• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Duel question

C

ClanBeviin2

I'm not a huge dueler, but I do on occasion. In the past, I've deathblown others by accident when I've only wanted to incap. Lately, I've had a few duels where I've *wanted* to DB, but I've only incapped. After one, in fact, I had incapped the guy, he got back up and I wasn't able to shoot him again--I thought a duel could only be ended if both players wanted it to end.

Can anyone give be a quick Duel Rules 101 as to what's going on?

RainStar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you can't db after you incap someone the only current work around is to type /deathblow or try setting up a hotkey.

Were you near a server line?

C

ClanBeviin2

No... last time I was in the middle of Eisley. So if it's generally not possible to DB someone after incap, how is it that I have accidently DBd in the past?

And in the recent past, I've incapped but then re-fought and DBd after the other player got back up. I'm so confused.

RainStar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can DB someone after incapping them, just sometimes it bugs out.

B

BadgerSmaker

There are three ways to execute a deathblow, double-click on the incapacitated player, bring up the radial menu on them and select deathblow or use the /deathblow command.

In a duel, you can use the /endduel command at any time to end the duel, if the person you are duelling uses this command you will be notified by system message.

There is a know issue in a guildwar where double-clicking the incapacitated player has no effect, you must use the radial menu or /deathblow command.

Accidental deathblows can stem from clicking the primary attack to often, by default this is the left mouse button. Be aware that you can just hold the mouse button down to repeatedly execute default attacks, it is not necessary to click furiously and you will attack at the same speed.