• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dude, what happened??

Rogal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Napa is like almost completely empty. There's a ton of open 18x18 spots etc and they wrecked my fav dungeon for ogre lords.
Kinda interesting hitting vendor runes and seeing no house there. Napa is like that neighborhood you grew up in and come back to years later only to find most of the houses gone.
Well, I'm back so now ye have someone to go "grrrr, him" about lol.

See ya in game!

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
welcome home

minoc could use a gov'nor!!!

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That corner of the banks been vacant ......... Last time I stood there for any period of time I think a NPC propositioned me they were so bored because no one is around any more.

Rogal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Governor of Minoc... hmmm I'll look into it. I checked the minoc bank wall today it's still in good shape lol.

Cephas [V]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If you need ogre lords, look for the mines south-ish from the New Haven moongate. What was worth trekking to Despise for (not the titans or the acid elemental) landed there a while back.

And Kirth's right: Minoc could use a governor.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I keep fixing that wall is why, if you look close you will see the repairs :rolleyes:

Rogal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still remember that day the Mongbat came walking right up to the bank as if it was accessing its bank box lol

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know I'm late to the party on this thread but I have to echo the OP's sentiment. I regret falling out of my "newfound UO stint" that kicked off sometime back around 2006-2008ish but it was still so active at that time (Particularly full of returnees like myself) and lots of player homes and vendorhouses that I felt assured Napa would still be there when I got back. I re-subbed this week and you can run for eons without seeing houses. Definitely very unsettling. Much as neither idea is appealing I'm hoping a lot of people transferred to Altantic rather than concluding that this many players are just entirely gone after so many years of hanging on.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
shhh! closely guarded secret... we are hiding... its those nargles!

Budwieser kdl us

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Napa is like almost completely empty. There's a ton of open 18x18 spots etc and they wrecked my fav dungeon for ogre lords.
Kinda interesting hitting vendor runes and seeing no house there. Napa is like that neighborhood you grew up in and come back to years later only to find most of the houses gone.
Well, I'm back so now ye have someone to go "grrrr, him" about lol.

See ya in game!
I should come back and buy up all the land in fel? Wait!!! Buds coming back?!?

Ol Man River

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Well Mythic messed up my billing on 2 accounts... So i came back to my castle gone with all my server birth items and all my rare items... all my armor.. weapons... everything... gone... so my account is 201 month old and it being shut off for good now...