• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dual Wield

G

So... what's this 'dual wield' thing, and what do you have to do to get it to work?

I've tried equipping a main hand weapon in off hand, and it just replaces my main hand weapon instead. I've tried activating it in the spellbook first, and nothing happens. I've tried dragging it to my toolbar and told I can't.

aj

G

If it's a "main hand" weapon, it will only go in the one spot. What you're looking for is a "one hand" weapon that can go in either hand.

It took me a while to figure that one out. Come to think of it, I didn't figure it out. I finally asked and was told.

G

d'oh.

I wasnt aware there was a distinction. I guess I'll have to keep a look out for something nice.

My main hand weapon is a wingblade (main hand sword). Any good suggestions for a 'one hand' for offhand weapon to look out for? I dont mind looking at the AH or if theres a good quest that drops one that's suitable for my lvl 31.

aj

I

imported_Edward The Less

There are also "off-hand" weapons that will only go in the off-hand.

G

Like the 12 pound mudfish?

They're labled as "off-hand" specifically, aren't they? As opposed to "one-hand."

G

Theres also lanterns and torches what go off-hand. They are handy time to time.

G

You know, I've never bothered to equip the fish. Wouldn't it be funny if, with a fish equipped and dual wield available, the melee graphics would show you smacking your opponent with it?

I feel an experiment coming on.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I feel an experiment coming on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pictures or it didn't happen.

aj