• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DRI Public Spawns

C

CatLord

We, the TB Alliance, Dreads Rest Inn, would like to invite all the good citizens of Britannia to join us spawning in Despise, meet in New Haven or join us in Ventrillo... (keep what you get)

Starting tonight, while one of us is alive and we can defend Despise...

Catskills has public spawns.

Thank you.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Due to area effects it might be a bit difficult but I do presume other factions are welcomed to participate in helping with these spawns?

C

CatLord

They are welcomed to bring their blue spawners...

Putting two predators in the same cage... bad bad idea.

We plan to do all the 8 spawns... and tutor(if needed) every new friend about them...

Then do the Harrower.

Dream or Reality... we'll soon find out.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I do look forward to the tutor sessions, I am rusty on tactics regarding some of the other champions.

D

Darken (Cats)

what time are yall planning on doing this tonight?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hi, ya can we get that "public" vent info?
kthnx

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets keep the trolling to a minimum. A group posted an event with whatever information they were willing to offer. I think we can forgo nitpicking the finer details unless something is blatantly misrepresented.

Hopefully this group will withhold their nitpicking if another group posts public events.

Thank you.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets keep the trolling to a minimum. A group posted an event with whatever information they were willing to offer. I think we can forgo nitpicking the finer details unless something is blatantly misrepresented.

Hopefully this group will withhold their nitpicking if another group posts public events.

Thank you.
Good advice Podolak.

C

CatLord

I would like to thank your presence and the fun night...

It was great to meet new friends, do quiet spawn and share the rewards... then see the guild joining our Circle Alliance.

Welcome MAD...

About being biased... there was a post on the old pvp thread where Flutter explained her position...

#My mind is made up, always has been. I don't pretend to be something I am not.
I PK. It is a playstyle. It's what I do inbetween other UO activities.#

That puts us in opposite sides of the board... and it makes us ingame foes.

I wont be civil or pleasant... I'll use all of the possible tools to have the upperhand and destroy my ingame, uo enemy.

Cya tomorrow for more public spawns...

N

Nastia Cross

And when I listened to the general chat, and inquired about the "public" spawns, I was met with outright hostility from the alliance.

N

Nastia Cross

By the way, very few in the Alliance use public chat. We use our own Alliance chat system. I'm not saying you are wrong, but that it is rather unusual to see any of our members in public chat. I myself am there occasionally just reading text from time to time when I am mining. :)
This makes me LOL. You advertise that people can get information three ways, two of which are denied to the people reading these forums. The third you clearly admit is "unusual" for alliance members to use. Again I ask, how is this a "public" event?

A

A Rev

This makes me LOL. You advertise that people can get information three ways, two of which are denied to the people reading these forums. The third you clearly admit is "unusual" for alliance members to use. Again I ask, how is this a "public" event?
You didnt know that public events can be held in secret??

Shame on you!!

LOL

C

CatLord

It sure was a fun night...

Thank you all for coming.

PS: We're doing it again tonight... feel free to pm/icq me, ask on alliance chat or general chat.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quite an odd little shard y'all have here.

It doesn't seem very "public" to me at all.

C

CatLord

Thank you for joining us on our second spawning night...

Cya again tomorrow.

C

CatLord

FYI:
Tonight we'll do some scouting and fighting first... then spawn.
Please use the Public Ventrillo if you wish to join the Golden Team (aka Alliance Spawners)...

C

CatLord

My humble apologies for not joining the spawners last night... I heard you did great on your own.

I was having too much fun at the UP Event...

All work and no play makes Pitr a dull player...

Congratulations on your first solo spawn without any veterans around!

C

CatLord

Well, back to spawning...

please use our public vent for location.

Thank you.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The purpose of posting repeatedly in your own post is.....uh......what?

Just spawn :p We will find you very soon in the next week :)

C

CatLord

The purpose of posting repeatedly in your own post is.....uh......what?

Just spawn :p We will find you very soon in the next week :)

Many spawn with us but do not post... they dislike the drama...

me... I'm a creeping stalker... :thumbup:

I'm glad you guys finally figured a way to do something...

On my side, I'm having a blast... I was told by everyone that it would be impossible to go back to the early days of spawning where people could spawn with strangers... guess I dont like being told that I can and cannot do... must be the feline rebel in me. CHE KITTEN!

Cya in the field!

C

CatLord

Monday 8th... Lord Oaks.

Please visit Catskills Public Ventrillo for more information.

Thank You.

C

CatLord

Posted procedure:
- scout and find any ingame foes spawning... terminate them. (if they raided us before)
- yew pvp and account the number of our foes
- once we have the upper hand, both in numbers and intel... we do the public spawns...

takes some patience to reach the right moment... so the time changes... that is why we have the public vent...

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pitr, I kind of interpret your response by when its basically safe for you to spawn. So your zerging just to spawn. If you cant make it safe then you dont spawn? Btw Black Sun I'm not trying to stir up any trouble Im just trying to understand the new catskills way of spawning/ pvp :)

C

CatLord

Pitr, I kind of interpret your response by when its basically safe for you to spawn. So your zerging just to spawn. If you cant make it safe then you dont spawn? Btw Black Sun I'm not trying to stir up any trouble Im just trying to understand the new catskills way of spawning/ pvp :)

I don't spawn... others do.
Usually I defend, I am around or I'm called in... sometimes I am not and it is done anyway...
Spawning became something common on Catskills... mostly because the players understood how to do it... and because it is fun.
I also understand there is no pattern to the spawning... which works great to our advantage... sometimes we're rolling to scout and report to the spawners, sometimes we just go on recon and raid our ingame faction foes... that is all.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=179782

This isnt the shard way... this is my way... and it seems some agree with it...

Cya brother.

C

Corvak

A year ago, I joined the alliance because I wanted to have a guild that helps me out. I could ask advice and not get a cynical reply, which is not something I can get everywhere. I can die in a dungeon somewhere and someone will help me out - and I can return the favor.

A lot of people see the alliance as it is in fel, and talk about whether it is good or bad. Consider this, the drama and politics...you wouldn't do it if you didn't find it entertaining...and I doubt the little white pixels are the only reason you fight each other. Flutter and CatLord, you keep this server from becoming boring.

Alliance or not, players of Catskills, ask yourself this: Are you having fun? If the answer is yes..then keep fighting down there - and keep enjoying the game we all love, no matter how you choose to play it.

C

CatLord

Yup, it sure is a blast.

On the topic...

It seems the Circle has been spawning 24/7... from Despise to Marble...

Now that we can assure the safety of the hunts and destroy most of the raiding teams, I would like to invite everyone to try it out...

You can reach me by using the Catskills Public Ventrillo, by PM or by icq (169320850)...

If you need an lrc and starting powerscrolls... you can make a spawner in about three days following this link:
http://www.uoforums.com/skill-templates/60480-necromageweaver.html

We'll be happy to help out with a full spellbook and some extra gold...

On the issue of having known blues that are linked to guilds that are not TB...
Weird enough, you are welcomed... and enjoy the fun.
(if something fishy arises... old felucca rules will apply with Crom counting the dead...)

The goal is still the same... do all spawns, gather new and old friends, do more harrowers... destroy the ps/stat scroll markets... and above all... have fun!

C

CatLord

This Wednesday we'll do the Gauntlet... 8 pm est

After getting some artefacts we'll move on to Spawning.

Thank You.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still waiting... :stir:
LAWL. That made me laugh. No worries though. We are a coming. Just touching up on some suits and weps. The real life snow storms have slowed me down plus Im still pk'n on Baja. I'll be buying my token this week.

C

CatLord

... and we start another weekend of massive Spawning.

Enjoy the Fun.

C

CatLord

Thanks Lox for reminding me of this...

This week we'll spawn again.

The information for the public ventrillo is posted above.

Flutter, Devin, Lox, Giggles, Lynk, Soc, Zed... everyone is welcomed to join too... public means just that.
(playing with fire here)

Go hunt, keep what you get... move to the next spawn...