• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DRESS UP PARTY! FIVE MILLION IN PRIZES!! OMG!

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Ama for the pic.

More events to be added with a total of FIVE MILLION in prizes!

Where

Private Tokuno island, Homare Jima. Runes will be spread around from Fri night.

When

Sat evening 23rd, from 6.30pm local Syd time. Events will start shortly after.​

Event #1: Dress up comp! Dress up as anything youd like. Most inventive costume will win ONE MILLION GOLD! You can work as a team with your costumes (yes prize money will have to be shared if you do this). 250k for second AND third place.

Event #2: Scavanger hunt! Three specialty marked runes will be hidden in a specific area. Find the runes to win the amount marked on the rune! One one mill rune, and two 250k runes. (Location will be announced on the night to help prevent griefers)

Event #3: Door prize! Win a prize just for being there! Everyone who attends will have there name put on a rune and pur in a tub to be drawn at random at the end of the evening.

Event #4: This will be a quizz. You can work in a team or go it solo. If you go as a team ofcourse you will need to divide the prize money. The quizz will have several divisions, UO current/recent events, UO History, RL current/recent events, music and entertainment and a miscleaneous section.

Terms and conditions: Anyone can win multiple prizes, if you win the fancy dress you can still enter other events etc. However the door prize is only winnable by somone who has a) Not won any previous events on the night, b) Been there for the duration of the night. I hope that seems fair.

Looking for a volunteer judge for the evening, you can still compete in everything except fancy dress. PM me if interested.

P.S, can i get this stickied till the event?

F

Farscape

DRESS UP PARTY! Sat 23rd!

Where: Private Tokuno island, Homare Jima. Runes will be spread around from Fri night.

When: Sat evening 23rd, from 6.30pm local Syd time. Winner of the contest will be announced shortly after.

What to know: Dress up as anything youd like. Most inventive costume will win ONE MILLION GOLD! You can work as a team with your costumes! With other prizes for second and third. There will be a door prize of 100k, drawn at random from everyone who comes! BYO spirits, wine and ale will be supplied. Snacks will be provided.

Looking for volunteer judges for the evening.

P.S, can i get this stickied till the event?

I don't log on for anything less than 5 mill?:lick:

A

Amathist of PoC

I hope you have added it to the event calendar - I will be sure to pass the invite on to PoC.

V

von Beck

What the heck is wrong with having a banner to advertise an event posted in the thread about the event?

Save your grief for the PvP thread Fact....

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Ama, its great.

Farscape i made it 5mill in prizes so youd better come! :lick:

Hope to see a big crowd there!

A

Amathist of PoC

Next time could you please send these things in private message? It was clearly intended for one person to read. Thanks! :thumbsup:
Oh get a grip, when you consider others and act with respect THEN I may concider my actions. Untill then I do not feel you are in a position to judge anyone or request anything.

Congrats to Jahira for organizing a shard event, I have shared the informaton with poc and will do my up most to attend....I just have to think of something to wear.

F

Fink

What the heck is wrong with having a banner to advertise an event posted in the thread about the event?

Save your grief for the PvP thread Fact....
Failed attempt at humour. He's trying to say Jahira will be the only one there. rolleyes:

A

Amathist of PoC

So farscape what are you going to go dressed as?? infact what is everyone going as any idea's or suggestions?.........I am drawing blanks.

U

UOPODCASTING.COM

Failed attempt at humour. He's trying to say Jahira will be the only one there. rolleyes:

Ahh Fink they made you a moderator, now the inmates are running the asylum :D

Cheers
Shane

A

Amathist of PoC

drawing blanks? then go naked *chuckles* lady gydiva (sp)
ack no way its too cold I would look like a skinned goose with all those bumps....I shall have to go out exploring and see if I can find some inspiration.

A

Amathist of PoC

I first thought of going of as a savage warrior, but i dunno now.
I did an orc scout at the last fancy dress ball ...and there were so many good ideas at that event that now its hard to come up with something Unique.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It can be somthing from RL too, as long as its funny :) *wonderes if i can make myself into a dancing broccoli* :danceb::danceb:

A

Amathist of PoC

6 Days to Go - I so miss the calendar at the top of the forums.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah. We need just our shard one working. Though the Uhall one seems broken. Ive had PM's from 2 other people saying not to bother with it, that they had posted events weeks ago and they hadn't been put up. They certainly dont want to encourage player run events...

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bump!

Can we not get this stickied? Or should i ask Ovargo if its ok to?

A

Amathist of PoC

You may want to advertise it on the lost lands too - I have added it to the poc forums. - also did you think about asking WRR to cover the event?

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah WWR are going to advertize it, and have volunteered a judge for it too :) Ill pop it into the lost lands forums. :)

A

Amathist of PoC

Dear Oceania Moderators....

Can we please have genuine events sticked so we can keep track of them as it is hard with the lack of a calendar at the top of the forums.

Thank you

K

Katlene

i dont even know if im going to be home or not. if i can get the car fixed im going out to see my parents on saturday. i might be back in time to see some of it hopefully

A

Amathist of PoC

wow you putting in a fantastic effort to this event - well done it should be fun.

A

Amathist of PoC

I am not sure I will be able to make it myself but I believe some poclings are going to head on over to the party. Is anyone else considering going?

And is anyone going to supply screen shots for those who could not make it.

K

Katlene

hope it went well i ended up going out for dinner only just realised that i had missed this :blushing:
hope to see some picks up!

A

Amathist of PoC

I hope it was a blast I too was at dinner at the time...screenies please.

T

Teeshy

I'm so sorry I missed it! Hubby rang me =) Missing him like crazy, so I take every advantage of talking to him instead of typing to him ;) Just 2 weeks to go!

Hope it was heaps of fun! Congrats on the win Mishra! =D

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Grumbles about explorer crashing when i had it all typed up and losing it all*

I stood fretting that not enough people were going to show, but ofcourse everyone has to be fashonibly late dont they, lol.

Soon people started arriving in dribs and drabs and soon after began the judging for the fancy dress. Everyone took their turn standing and telling everyone what they were, some great ones, including Omendeng dressed as a cat

Kizukai came as a gypsy, explaining that his father had 'aquired' the clothing, im sure no one was hurt in the process

We had somone turn up dressed as somthing a greater dragon spat out...

Somone else dresses as 'how his mother gave birth to him... with boots on aparently

Snakes took the stage and told us he was a magician, and can turn his horse into a rabbit, we all keenly waited when he informed that he didnt feel like doing it.hehe

After all statments had been made, Queen Mom and I deberated between Kiz and Rose, with the desion going to lovely Rose von Beck.

Kiz was given his other prize of 500mill.

It was then time to get the scav hunt off and going. Fink thankfully snuck off and placed the runed at the places i wanted them. I attempted to explain the rules. Such as no mounts, and you can only win one prize, once you have found somthing please return

I opened a gate to Trinsic and everyone ran in. It didnt take long for the first prize guy to return, claiming his 1mill reward. A few moments later everyone else returned with thr other 2 runes, and poeple happily took their gold :) All going smoothly to that point,

It was time to begin the quiz. Everyone took a book each and named it. The questions wernt easy

All went well till apon marking their books i discovered we had a draw. I haddnt planned for this. Kizukai and Snakes Fury would have to battle it out with more questions.

We gave them a book each and asked 5 questions, of which they both got a draw again. Now i realy started to panic as i haddnt planned for this at all. I decided to do a 'first to say correct answer' quiz. Best of 3. We had a one all, coming down to the final question, with Snakes winning.

We soon after drew the door prize, it went to Omendeng, but as he seemed to have gotten bored and left, we had to redraw. Just for the luck of Lover Boy.

So a lot of fun, a lot of stress for me. my god. But was a blast!

T

Teeshy

*grins* Sounds like great fun Jah! So glad you enjoyed it too! =D (nothing worse than hosting a party and being so stressed that you don't enjoy it yourself! =P)

Really am sorry I missed it =)

K

Katlene

glad i wasnt the only one that saw that. really wish i had of made it now!! :D

A

Amathist of PoC

Looks like alot of fun was had by everyone - congrats to the prize winners.