Drelgor The Impaler???

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

I'm am not sure if this is the right place to post but I don't know anywhere else. Feel free to redirect you to the right place that would be great

Has anybody seen a Drelgor The Impaler? It's not in the hunter's guide and I can't find any topics about it. I found a monster looking identical to a Skeletal Knight. It was called Drelgor The Impaler, I found it in the I Old Haven noob undead area. It dropped 214 gold, platemail legs, some nice bone gloves and I think a bone(not sure though). I killed it with a blade spirit pretty easily. I recognized it from those messages I occasional got when killing undead in Old Haven. The message said something like: Who dares defy Old Haven! I am Drelgor The Impaler, yada yada yada I don't remember the rest.
If anyone has seen this pls post what you saw, if you got a lore, post, if you killed one, post. Screenies are good too.

G

He is kind of the high level monster boss,

based in the ruins of old haven. He will spawn when enough creatures (zombies, skeletons, spectral spellbinders) there have been killed.

I believe that he has a chance to drop rare bone armor pieces, but I am not 100% sure on that.

T

tymbow

Seems to be some form of newbie boss for Old Haven. He's pretty easy to kill. Never got anything special off him though. My guess is it's just to break the monotony of skeles, spell binders and zombies.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
I've fought him many times. (I'm currently working up a 2nd account from scratch, so lots of old haven training at the moment) He's not too tough for a new char, although he's not exactly easy. I think he's there just as a little challenge for the people training.

G

Good so other people have seen it too. I agree about the bone thing, the pair of gloves he dropped was better than I'd expect. I still have the pair I got.

G

It used to be that a piece of the unmarked "set" would drop on him every time, but I stopped getting them after a publish or two - I'm not sure if there's some anti-veteran code to keep established players from camping him.

(I have to say that playing through the newbie quests with a fresh character while getting my feet wet in KR, he was a great opponent - very threatening to a young character just the cloths on his back and without experienced reflexes, beatable with a bit of a challenge once you had a few pieces of reward equipment, a great confidence booster once you were experienced enough to be heading out into the wider world)

G

Yeah, he does toss a bit of excitement out there. I always wonder when he appears if my character has enough to tough it out with him. <shrug> Near dirtnap a couple times, but ran off and healed enough to win.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 19, 2004
Lore: Easy to kill. He is a swordsman that also totes a shield. He uses low level necromancer spells such as "corpse skin" and he also casts the mage "curse" spell.I have killed him quiet a few times with my wrestler with no armor.Loot seems to be the same as what you can find on an ettin.