• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Drakes?

J

Jancecapade

Hi all,

firstly, while not on the posted training guide, i have been trying to find drakes to disco/provo/farm, since they are better than the beatles lootwise. yet i cannot seem to find any spawns with just drakes, or just drakes and wyverns/lower. I'm sure i am overlooking somewhere, but it seems that like anywhere a drake spawns, those nasty me-eating drags spawn aswell. on top of that the greater drags seem to spawn everywhere drags spawn. so im wondering if yall know of such a place.

thanks for your input

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been a while since I've checked, but Fire Temple (Fire Island) on the Fel side should spawn a couple of drakes outside the temple and possibly a dragon.
Inside the temple its usually 2 of each. On top of the temple its daemons. The spawn rate tends to be manageable and I've worked many characters up there and have gone there a few times over the last month to work my latest.

5% Luck

There is a spawn rule in a few locations where if you kill the dragon/greater dragons off the lower spawn will always spawn 1st. IE:drakes. I typically use wind for this. Still occasionally a dragon will spawn but for the most part this works very much like the jehelom farm in that if some one is killing the low end the bulls will not spawn.

The other location that comes to mind is wyvren island in the lost lands. If you know where the lighthouse is, its just east on an an island with wyvren. Also in the lost lands there is a drake/wyvren spawn located on the west side in a "cove" type landing that might be of interest.

Funny thing here is the bards know their rare spawn/map locations better then anyone. You came to the right place!

J

Jancecapade

thanks for the tips, ill give those a shot when i get home.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Then there's wind, which also has a dragon and demons in the mix (at least, I think there's drakes in there too). If they get to be an issue, you can always get them to follow you into the Guardzone (or maybe not that far, then you get around them and you go back to the drakes).

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are a few places in Ilshenar too. It's been a while but I think on the way to the pass of Karnaugh is a drake spawn.

Also maybe at the desert near the ancient citadel and south of compassion where the ice area is. but can't tell precisely from the top of my head. But I used to hunt drakes in ilsh some years ago.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok

lets go remote and hard to find on you rookies!

T2A fel side, island part way down the NW side, basically ya run down from the lighthouse, then head straight west past the Oasis spawn.
then hop a boat west to the land mass that sticks out.

should be some drakes there.

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the northern part of destard (first level - the same you enter the dungeon) has an area where only drakes, wyverns and water ellies spawn.
To reach this area go straight N (uo north that is) from entrance, go "up the hill" and through the poison fields where the snakes normally are. Behind the fields there are NO dragons or greaters!
The poison fields are not wide so they will not kill you....

L

Lokida

Destard is really a great place to raise almost every thing, just watch them pesky GD's :)