• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dragon Turtles are *NOT* like GDs! :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whomper my Siege Dragon Turtle hasn't stood there once yet laughing while watching me get chased around and ate by another monster instead of guarding me like Behemoth my Chessie GD did. :party:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What no love for Bowser? He was kinda a turtle... wasn't he?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Whomper my Siege Dragon Turtle hasn't stood there once yet laughing while watching me get chased around and ate by another monster instead of guarding me like Behemoth my Chessie GD did. :party:
Sorry can you clarify this? Are you saying the turtle or the greater dragon guards you the best?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Turtles are ace for guarding, I released 4 from my latest batch of eggs on the lawn outside my castle. They just stood there looking at me.....
Along came a pesky gargoyle and they leapt to my defence and slayed the foul beast......then went back to standing around for 7 hours. lol

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
They're an exact copy of a Greater Dragon with different graphics.... the developers already said, it is the SAME code people. Copy, paste. Literally. Well not literally... it is probably a new class with the same attributes and methods as GD. In common english: copy paste.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're an exact copy of a Greater Dragon with different graphics.... the developers already said, it is the SAME code people. Copy, paste. Literally. Well not literally... it is probably a new class with the same attributes and methods as GD. In common english: copy paste.
Looks like the joke went over somebodies head ;)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry can you clarify this? Are you saying the turtle or the greater dragon guards you the best?
The dragon turtle set to guard has been slaughtering anything that comes after me, the Chessie GD set to guard quite commonly just stood there and looked amused while monsters chased me around and had a snack. Something clearly got changed since I last actively played a Tamer on Chessie a few years back. :thumbup1:

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The difference is that you can look at dozens of different greater dragons in two dungeons and two demon temples before taming one, and if you don't see one you like, you can kill 'em before something worthwhile pops up.

With the turtle eggs, you get what you hatch. You can't pick and choose as quickly as with greater dragons...
and most of the turtle hatchlings suck compared with a greater dragon that you would choose to tame.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Freshly hatched turtles are as powerful as greater dragons. I wonder if turtles will grow more powerful as they age? It would be awesome if they physically grew larger over time.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen loads of people training up the turtles at the shadow elemental. I lore them only to see they are crap. Why bother?!

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Until they make the turtles actually better than dragons - not just smaller - I won't be spending the time mindlessly farming them, waiting 20 minutes between spawns, hatching them for three days, killing them off and doing it again. Sorry, most unappealing expansion ever.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I've seen loads of people training up the turtles at the shadow elemental. I lore them only to see they are crap. Why bother?!
Well we just had a tiger battle in the arena from an event EM Avalon put on. I guess they're talking about having the player's turtles fight also. So maybe they're training them up for competition? :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are my dragon turtles numbers. Any too shabby?

Untitled1.jpg Untitled3.jpg Untitled0.jpg

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No tamer in his right mind would want a GD with less than 900 HP and Physical resist lower than 70%. Just saying. Not to mention given that Magery will never raise... that one Sucketh.. IMO.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No tamer in his right mind would want a GD with less than 900 HP and Physical resist lower than 70%. Just saying. Not to mention given that Magery will never raise... that one Sucketh.. IMO.
And the most those skills will get is 100, that is a joke.

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Freshly hatched turtles are as powerful as greater dragons. I wonder if turtles will grow more powerful as they age? It would be awesome if they physically grew larger over time.
Not gonna happen.... way beyond the developer's programming skills.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I can amuse, ah assume dragon turtle number one isn't any good huh? Just compared the numbers to Behemoth on Chessie, definitely not as high as his which is 977 hp and such.

I do like the dragon turtle size though, doesn't cover so much game screen, no need to ctrl-shift to find what your trying to kill under the bulk and wings of a GD, or pile of GDs in event situations. :)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do like the dragon turtle size though, doesn't cover so much game screen, no need to ctrl-shift to find what your trying to kill under the bulk and wings of a GD, or pile of GDs in event situations. [BCOLOR=rgb(204, 205, 205)]:)[/BCOLOR]
I have a feeling this was the whole idea with new turtles. People kept complaining about how large GD's were and how they would always be in the way at events etc. Its a good idea that the dev's have made a pet that is the same quality as a GD but a lot smaller. This deals with the issue noted above. I feel they should of made them easier to get than a GD though. This would make more people use them and the large GD's would just remain in the stables sooner rather than later.

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I don't understand why they didn't have a spot where where the dragon turtles spawn so we could tame them. Or at least have the eggs be an everyone drop. It's been nearly 20 spawns since I got an egg drop.

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being somewhat of a newbie, and not doing any key runs or anything I didn't now my 2.7 greater dragon was bad until someone told me. See it did everything I wanted it to do, I mostly just killed demons and arctic ogre lords. Before that I used a white wyrm and was happy.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
it seems to me that the turtles stats & skills aren't as powerful as a GD. is it possible the turtle's special moves compensate for the difference?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Being somewhat of a newbie, and not doing any key runs or anything I didn't now my 2.7 greater dragon was bad until someone told me. See it did everything I wanted it to do, I mostly just killed demons and arctic ogre lords. Before that I used a white wyrm and was happy.
True depending on what you are used to. But when you take your GD to fighting things like Medusa, Cora, things in Level 4 Covetous and such you depend on it to live and to tank well. Or when you take it down to the Dragon Turtle champ and it has to fend for itself with 2 or 3 dinosaurs or 4 to 6 tigers that's what separates a good dragon from one that isn't so good. Magery isn't the most important thing but when your dragon starts to fizzle... that's not cool.