• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dragon Scale Armor

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An idea, let any armor type be "enhance-able" (if that's a word) with dragon scales to give the appropriate boost in resistances but also add a property similar to wood armors but make all dragon scale armor non-med by default. So any enhanced leathers and other medable armors will be made non-med. Runic crafted dragon scale armor on the other hand, can still obtain the "mage armor" property. Afterall, we're just adding some scales to armor right?!

Some ideas, each piece of dragon scale will increase your MAX resist by 1 point, thus a piece of RED dragon scale armor will increase your maximum fire resist to 71, if you craft a suit of 5 pieces, you can benefit from 75 fire resist. Nothing overbalanced, but a neat little feature. Possibly an extra +3-5 for a bonus of having a 5-piece dragon scale suit.

Its time resources saw a cool boost like using the daemon bones in doom not only for the golden skull quest, but also for making daemon bone armors, dragon scales, gaman horns, etc, etc! Stop adding new content and starting upgrading cool existing items plz...like give bone armor some lovin!!!

P

packrat

I think this is where these events can come in handy. Why not let the spawns drop some type of glue or wax that can be used only to enhance these type of armor. And when the event is over then you have a rare piece of armor that is useful for something. The only thing that i saw dragon scales was used for was an event where we had to turn them in to beat talkeesh.. that was kind of cool at least i got to get rid of a ton of it.