• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dragon Cave - Official Thread

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YEEHAWWW!!!! Thanks Nico!! It was getting close there!!

To everyone else, I'm a clicking and clacking your eggs as often as I can. Next time I get to breed I'll try to abandon some and let you guys know when.

Edit* Well I thought I was gonna click more right now but darn if the site is being a pickle again.

G

Hatchlings ready to mature (shout if anyone wants the black & I'll abandon)

Abandoned Egg needs some love (needed on this scroll as planning on breeding & releasing eggs)

Egg I bred yesterday (not yet able to abandon - should be later today)

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I r clicsking u's bebies often!!

Goes to get hubby to click!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

*bounces*
I'm baaaaaaaaack!!
*clix*

[/ QUOTE ]
You use your limited magic skills to try to revive the creature, but fail.

G

Nico only YOU can save the rest!
Don't let my babies die on EASTER! omg!

G

Ack! PM me here with the tinyurl code so I can add them to the Emergency Dragon Egg Ambulance!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOOHHOOO!!! Nico saves another brood!!!!

Well done!! And congrats to Flutter!!

Happy Easter everyone!!

G

Taco Head iz inside joke. Probably too far inside.
*nod nod*

*waits for fog to clear whilst clicking other's stuff*

By the way my breeding is failing "You attempt to breed the two dragons, but no egg is produced." so no new eggs from me sowwy!

G

I made a post on their forums. If they aren't going to update us I don't think I am going to participate anymore. It's rude to run a site and not update your users as to what is going on.

G

Apparently the last update here is that the owner of the site had some copyright issues and everything is on hold until the sprites are replaced with original images.

G

Psst! We has eggs again!

The best news is more eggs, and at more frequent intervals, too, so don't just check on the hour.

You do need to verify your acct details before being able to nab eggs again (enter the email addy you registered with &amp; await verification email, then click link and you're ready to go), but that went through without a hitch for me.

Here's today's eggs:-

G

I do like the new sprites. The Vine dragon looks awesome, LittleBlue!

And yayz! I finally nabbed my long sought after chicken egg!

I

imported_Fran Fury

After all this time I finally went and got my own eggs.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have new eggs!! and love the new sprites but no time lol
I'll get my lil fellas up in the morning.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YAY!! more EGGS!!!

And Nixie's new ones too....she's so excited lol

G

Hurrah! Site's back up again &amp; server has been replaced! Whee! We has eggz!

G

Some of the baby sprites don't look as cute imo :/
Oh wells.
*goes back to takin care of her egglets*
I think mine are in trouble...

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Gets out magnifying glass to look at chickie!!*

Am I blind or is he just that tiny??

G

She really is that tiny, Oriana!

Flutter &amp; anyone with two days or less on your eggs, PM me with your tinyurl codes and I'll see wot I can do fer yer eggz.

G

PM me with the "tinyurl" codes for all your eggs. Just so you know, they remain firmly on your own scroll. I'm simply putting your egg icons on a high traffic site (gaia) where they should gain all the hits/views/clicks they need to hatch.

G

Fran PM me with your show everyone your scroll link and I can probably save your wee fellas.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Be honest:- Does my butt look big with all these eggs on it?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm afraid if I say yes you will stop sitting on my eggs for me

G

The main site I've been using for lots of hits/views/clicks (gaia) is experiencing technical problems with displaying the images. It's not specific to Dragon Cave icons, it's actually any/all linked images bar those hosted by Photobucket for some reason.

Generally, I can get stuff hatched pretty quickly, but at the moment it's proving difficult at best without the cute egg icons folks are accustomed to clicking safely.

Worst of all, I think someone there got a bit overzealous with "helping" Fran's poor eggs as on checking them this morning they appear to me as "soft shelled."

Most often, that happens when the ratio of views to unique views &amp; clicks gets too heavy on the views side of the equation and the eggs get "sick." For whatever it might be worth, I really don't believe it was done maliciously. Instead, I think someone simply didn't understand the ratio aspect and went overboard trying to "rescue" your wee eggs.

Fran, darlin', I'm sorry, but I'm afraid it's not looking very good for your eggs at the moment. I can't do much without adding further to the views which might actually kill your eggs. At the moment, we may need to simply wait and hope that they hatch of their own accord now &amp; within the short amount of time they have left. *hugs Fran*

Oriana &amp; Nixie's eggs are also posted there, but so far they are thriving. I'm keeping a close eye and can edit/remove the scroll links quickly if needs be. *touches wood*

Flutter's eggs all hatched safely yesterday from the same site.

G

<blockquote><hr>

After all this time I finally went and got my own eggs.

[/ QUOTE ]Fran! Fran! Against all odds, your green dino hatched! Congrats on your very first hatchling and a rare one, too, lucky so &amp; so!

*wild applause*

I

imported_Fran Fury

*hugs Lady Nico* *hugs new little dino*

Thank you! I saw that it was starting crack it's little shell yesterday but then after reading your other post I was scared I was going to be known as the egg killer. So happy the little guy came through ok.

Thank you again everyone

G

Now that was a real test, Fran! *pant pant pant*

All yer babies are hatched!

*hugs*

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All right gang. Signing off till sometime Monday. Gulp!!

*kisses eggs and prays*

And Nixie's

I

imported_Fran Fury

Have fun Ori! We will see you after the weekend.
I am sure your new hatchlings (will be by then) will be happy to see you too.

I

imported_Fran Fury

<blockquote><hr>

*kisses eggs and prays*

And Nixie's

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh oh! One of Ori's didn't make it

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

*kisses eggs and prays*

And Nixie's

[/ QUOTE ]Uh oh! One of Ori's didn't make it

[/ QUOTE ]
It's very hard to save a batch of eggs when they aren't close together in age. It's made doubly hard with the ongoing image ban on Gaia - it's not just Dragon Cave; it's literally any image which is not from Photobucket.

Ori's silver is in good shape at the moment, and we're working on Nixie's now. Again, tough with the age spread (Nixie's mint is much younger than the ones due to hatch today). *crosses fingers*

I'll be abandoning this paper egg tomorrow when I can to a loving home since it's a rare one and it just seems unkind for me to keep it especially when it's a duplicate on my scroll.