• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fencing] Dp Dexxer template

L

Lord Thor

Returning player going through updating my char templates. What is a good PvP remplate that is powerful now.
Will using gm poison and 120 fencing. What other skills should i use and what should i use for my heals?

Not a stealther
what should my stats be on a DP dexxer these days?

Thanks

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would go ( IMO)

120 Fence
120 Resists
100 Poison
100 Ninja
90 heal
90 Anat
100 Tact

Good solid temp, if dismounted , ninja to run away, no mages to para spam you.

i run with 149 dex ( with items) so when cursed im still 140 dex for fastest aids.

hope it helps?

R

Rusko

It's so much easier to carry a trap box and have 120 extra points to put where ever you want... Resist is outdated and not efficient

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not about right or wrong, its about each others playstyle.
saying its outdated and not efficient and then not saying what the other 120 skills u could use kinda doesnt help the person who is asking thats all
then again i dont really like being para ganked or mana vamped all the time.
on my other dexxers i dont use resists but then again they are DP DS dexxers so i cant really fit it in, so i do see both sides of then story.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am just offering it but I would say it might be a good idea to tweak it and add in some hiding and stealth if its possible. But that is a personal preference kind of thing. I think focus might be nice to help add in to your mana pool as your not going to be able to just stealth off.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It's so much easier to carry a trap box and have 120 extra points to put where ever you want... Resist is outdated and not efficient
Unless you run into a mage like myself. Good luck getting off any specials, etc when you're constantly mana vamped.

Pretty sad that mana vamp is the first spell I cast against any dexxer these days, but since it sends the majority of them running the other way, whatever.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I highly disagree. Though I do run a dexxer without resist, I don't group fight with him often AT ALL!!! 30 second timers on apples makes for a tough time relying on them... and as a dexxer, i would save those to defeat mortal strikes. Also, a para gank will drop u with a box, it just takes longer (and u kill yourself most the way there). Lastly, driven insane is quite right about the mana vamp. It takes everything without resist. Just the other day my guildy was using me as his mana pool as we tore into some boss... forget who. But his mana vamp took my non resist (human, so 20 really) down to no mana each time he recharged.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I would go ( IMO)

120 Fence
120 Resists
100 Poison
100 Ninja
90 heal
90 Anat
100 Tact

Good solid temp, if dismounted , ninja to run away, no mages to para spam you.

i run with 149 dex ( with items) so when cursed im still 140 dex for fastest aids.

hope it helps?
I like this temp. Another would be to drop anat and put on bushido (gonna have to find 30 skill points though). U won't be able to res or cure poison with ur bandies, but with 100 poisoning, you're mostly immune to nox (still carry some pots) and confidence can really get u through some tough times especially agianst mages. I think you'd have to run your healing up too some. My non-anat healing dexxer has 114 or something healing, does him just fine. Also, you can steal points from your poison... at 80 poison you are 100% in putting the stuff on your blades and 80% lethal... of course, that's not 100% lethal...

Also, remember with your dexxer that ninja has focus attack which will pretty much max out the extra properties on your weapon (hld, hla, hit lightning, etc). Wish they still had that for archers.... sheesh!

awilmoth989

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Noob Questions here, how do you stealth in ninjistu and what does DP mean? Thanks! Sorry for the nub but I have only been playing the game for about 4 days and I am totally addicted.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other shards may be different but if you run a dexxer on Atlantic you run 120 resist. Every PvP oriented mage checks to see if you can be vamped. If you are vamped you get no specials off and have an immediate death sentence. Even many felucca PvMers know to mana vamp if attacked by a dexxer. They may not kill you but you'd have no chance of killing them.

DP means deadly poison. If you run stealth/hiding/ninjitsu you can smoke bomb which basically hides you instantly even if being attacked (assuming you haven't been mana vamped).

awilmoth989

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
But these templates do not have hiding/stealth, how do they stealth at all? Do you happen to know the stat build for this, like int dex str? Youre the man btw!

Thank you for your replay too, it's very much appreciated!

Last edited:

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh a template that has ninjitsu but not hiding/stealth doesn't stealth at all. They use ninjitsu for animal form if you are dismounted. an archer with ninjitsu may also poison pets with ninja stars if they dismount someone. This template would obviously just poison with the melee skill.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stamina will be driven by your weapon and how much SSI is on the suit/weapon. Max weapon speed is paramount. This link will help determine what you need: Linkage. Where it says "dexterity" really this is where you enter your stamina. If the template has healing then 140's dexterity is highly desirable if not absolutely necessary. Optimally 150 STR/HP. Lots drop this down a little for more mana though. Mana wise you want to get as close to 100 if not more. The ability to execute multiple special moves is what will win you fights.

awilmoth989

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stamina will be driven by your weapon and how much SSI is on the suit/weapon. Max weapon speed is paramount. This link will help determine what you need: Linkage. Where it says "dexterity" really this is where you enter your stamina. If the template has healing then 140's dexterity is highly desirable if not absolutely necessary. Optimally 150 STR/HP. Lots drop this down a little for more mana though. Mana wise you want to get as close to 100 if not more. The ability to execute multiple special moves is what will win you fights.
Thanks again for the info and the link. I really appreciate it!