• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Double hit spell weapon (melee)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've never seen one of these aside from the one I've held onto for years.

dbl hitspell.jpg

I know you're no longer able to change a hit harm to anything else, and imbuing one hit spell now overrides the other.
Just wondering how many of these exist, and a possible price check would be appreciated.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
just wondering, if you transfer to test to test this - can you drop the life leech, add more fireball, and have it not effect the lightning?

pretty neat

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just wondering, if you transfer to test to test this - can you drop the life leech, add more fireball, and have it not effect the lightning?

pretty neat

If you could do that I could see it having a decent value but for PvP considering that you can reforge 70% Hit effects I woudn't say it's worth much unless you can get that Fireball a lot higher.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, unfortunately imbuing fireball removes the lightening, you can change the lightening level though without removing fireball.

pre imbued this weapon it started off as:

16% life leech
-27 magery
15% harm (which is now 50% hit lightening)
28% fireball
40 damage increase (whetstone this to add SC -1)

You're able to imbue any hit-spell except fireball on the weapon, it could be magic arrow, or harm. you just can't change/increase the hit-spell that was added via runic hammer. (it's no longer possible to get two hit-spells like this on a melee weapon via crafting)

These were made long before imbuing was released, using runic hammers with the 'wounding assassin spike' recipe.

There were other recipes to make double hit-spell weapons though, and most of the ones I have made were made with a special material so are unable to be imbued, (you get some message saying the item is too old to survive the imbuing process).

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
gotcha, thnx for the explaination. might be an anomoly item then, so no idea the vlaue. a friend let me barrow a mage weap to work magery on another shard, and it has -30 mage.... never seen another one like it but thought that was weird too. Was a bokuto. if you pull it up in an imbuing gump the mage weap registers as a negative intensity

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here are the other two double hit-spell spikes I have:

2 dbl hitspell weps.jpg

If life leech weren't on the 2nd spike I'd sooooo be using it (it would be spell-channeling) the best part about these is Both hit-spells can go off in a single hit, so imo they're a lot better than reforged 70% hit-spell weapons, though with the exceptions of the specs, DP = Amazing right now, shadow strike meh...

Although I'm very curious if anyone has weapons like these, Wounding Assassin Spike (15 harm), Charged Assassin Spike (10 lightening), Icy Scimitar (15 harm radiant scimitar), & Thundering Axe (10 lightening Ornate Axe)... as far as I know they're all the weapons that could have been made with x2 hit-spells.