• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Double Click Ads and Browser History

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Please change these ads so that they do not add to the browser history when they refresh on a page. I use the back button all the time and I'm guessing others do as well.

Thanks!

Enziet

Journeyman
Interesting... I was using Edge for awhile there, but it has issues loading Stratics due to the ads.

I've since switched to Firefox. There are no ads on Firefox it seems, which in turn is making the page load up just fine.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So apparently this is only an issue on Microsoft Browsers (IE and Edge), to even look at fixing it, I'd need the URL's for the ads so I can find which ad networks they are coming from. If that info can be supplied I can look into it.

Enziet

Journeyman
My ads were being fed by Google Ads. But it wasn't just Stratics that was lagging out. I think the Microsoft browsers are just mussed up. There are numerous posting all over the web about people have long load times and lag issues with Microsoft's browsers as of lately. They have responded to alot of them and say that they are working on it, for the past six months.

I know not everyone likes to use third party software, but really consider using Firefox. It seems to have fixed all of my web issues.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
,, <snip> ...I know not everyone likes to use third party software, but really consider using Firefox. It seems to have fixed all of my web issues.
Firefox + AdBlock Plus FTW ... no ads