• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Dot Warner Celebrates Harvest Day in Britain

Vivian Fellows

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Cross posted from the Tribune

The holidays have had us all busy as of late, but a few weeks ago I had the pleasure of being invited to the Harvest Day celebration being held in Britain by Governor Dot Warner. A dual purpose event where citizens could come express their ideas for the city as well as participate in the Harvest Day Raffle.

FitzOwen Green, located in Compassion Park on the outskirts of Britain, had been prepared to host a great feast. Turkey, mash potatoes, and assorted pies battled for space on the table. I took a moment to prepare a photograph of the lavish spread.

Before turn the table over to open discussion, Governor Warner informed the citizens that several of her submitted requests to King Blackthorn had been denied, including a sprucing of the park near the East Bank and a moongate at the Britain bank. She promised that she would continue to press for a moongate near the bank since citizens have complained about long travel times to the current moongate due to the partial collapse of the underground cavern that runs between the bank and moongate.

When asked if there was an event they would like to see, the citizenry responded that they would appreciate a horse race. After brainstorming, it was agreed that Governor Warner would approach the other governors of the King's Council to organize a horse race that would run from city to city. With elections underway, Dot noted wouldn't be until January at the earliest that such an event could be held, but a race from Minoc or Yew through Britain to Trinsic has great potential.

At the end of the question phase, I took an opportunity to question the current governor of arguably the most important political city about the continuing feud between the towns of Skara Brae and Jhelom. Here is an excerpt of the conversation.

"They both need to calm down and talk out their problems. Governor Neptune needs to let go of the sins of the past and embrace his fellow citizens."

The governor's face turns to a frown.

"I'm hoping that his talk of explosives is just that. Talk."

The wariness of the governor on the topic is evident as she sighs and leans forward.

"I don't know Governor Laleyan well enough to comment on how she might deal with the issue."

After the session was over, it was time for the Harvest Day Raffle. Upon arrival early that evening, guests were handed out gift bags holding several Harvest Day related gifts and a raffle ticket number for a drawing later in the evening. Several gold checks from 250k to one million gold were handed out, with the grand prize being a 90 charge heartwood runic Fletcher's tool.

The governor would like to thank all that attended. It was a great time and turnout. She also appreciates all the good ideas provided by the community and hopes to hear more in the future.