• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Door bug *urgent*

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A very annoying bug has happened to me this morning, All the doors in-game have vanished but are still there only I cannot open them to get access.....

VERY ANNOYING when trying to scoot thru a dungeon but getting rubber banded at every doorway.
Looks like your servers are failing as they didn't start-up correctly today.
I have to run about 2 screens away wait a few seconds then run back to get the doors to spawn, great if your in an area that will allow you like Luna, but if your in Doom then your screwed.

I'd say Europa needs a re-boot as this is a very serious problem.....especially in doom when you cannot leave any room after killing the mobs.....
@Bleak @Mesanna

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems to have sorted itself now, put it down to Lag.......you know from Manchester to Dublin.......lol

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I've had several issues I noticed since yesterday or so. Sync to server errors. Unable to move things around in secure chests. Weird stuff like that. I log out and back in and I'm ok. Could be some sort of lag situation but my connection is always rock solid. Others have been mentioning weird stuff also in chat.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Text labels missing on things like petals, apples, SoT's, recipe scrolls etc. Can't insure a piece of blackrock to live in my Samps pack, yet my archer has one insured, no bother.

This is the joy of old code. Put something new in, break a dozen old things. Fix the old things, break more things ...

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, and when my Samp dies, I log out to save the swampy. When I log back in, I get a message saying I cannot receive a gift when I'm dead. But, when I res and log again to get the swampy, no gift.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh, and when my Samp dies, I log out to save the swampy. When I log back in, I get a message saying I cannot receive a gift when I'm dead. But, when I res and log again to get the swampy, no gift.
Yeah that gift notice is not new. I've gotten that for years on some toons. Seems this update brought a few bugs with it though.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd never noticed it before, just with this char. I'm still learning to play that template, so I do die a bit more than I usually would!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sampire is a fun template. Don't forget to use bushidos evasion (only thing that allows you to dodge spells) and momentum strike. They tend to be underused in my experiences.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe they put it in to stop the ghost cams from getting gifts.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC:
> Sampire is a fun template. Don't forget to use bushidos evasion
o Evasion became less fun when it went from "dodge all hits for a short period" to "maybe dodge some hits for a short period."
o I stopped using Evasion when the lose-a-swing mechanism was introduced in Nov 2015. Sitting there doing nothing for several seconds (depending on swing speed of the current weapon) was not fun.

o We were told at the Meet & Greet that the lose-a-swing would not be reverted for Evasion because Evasion could be spammed. Um, no it can't, Kyronix, Bleak, Mesanna. There's a cooldown time between uses, which those three apparently didn't know about because apparently none of those three are bushido users.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OOC:
> Sampire is a fun template. Don't forget to use bushidos evasion
o Evasion became less fun when it went from "dodge all hits for a short period" to "maybe dodge some hits for a short period."
o I stopped using Evasion when the lose-a-swing mechanism was introduced in Nov 2015. Sitting there doing nothing for several seconds (depending on swing speed of the current weapon) was not fun.

o We were told at the Meet & Greet that the lose-a-swing would not be reverted for Evasion because Evasion could be spammed. Um, no it can't, Kyronix, Bleak, Mesanna. There's a cooldown time between uses, which those three apparently didn't know about because apparently none of those three are bushido users.
I'm still convinced that none of them actually play UO or understand much of how anyone else (NORMAL PLAYERS) play UO... Not everyone is a power gamer... not everyone cheats, scripts or multi-boxes... Not everyone can/wants to play a Sampire/Wammy... Making many places pretty much only playable to select few ruins the game for everyone else... The more they beef up mobs and such for Sampires and everything else the less other normal players can actually do. Just because the top 5% are OP doesn't mean everyone else is... Fun is not being 1 hit killed... Fun is not being Unable to move or do anything every .5 seconds, fun is not grinding something over and over and over and over and over for weeks and months ... Much of that is either irritating, frustrating or downright BORING.

And if the game is nothing but one irritation after another and or super frustrating or BORING ..... then people stop playing it... and eventually they stop holding that house and rotating that account and just say goodbye...