• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Doom Video with Text Guide

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So after all the hate i've been seeing for doom, I figured I would make a video and guide to help people out.

This is the Warrior Edition. I did this fight with 0 Parrying and only 25% Defense chance increase in a refined suit, meaning that archers are also viable in this dungeon with the right build.

This is Classic Client, no Uo Assist, No 3rd party programs. Info for the template and the guide to the rooms/df are in the description.

Go full Screen 720 resolution to see the damage better.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Going to train up 100 parrying and put it in place of anatomy to see the difference in speed with counter attack and evasion that actually works.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The stats for the suits and mods on the weapons are now pinned in the comments of the video.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know that this isn't the best option for doing it, and that my weapons aren't ideal, etc etc etc. A lot of the time i'm only swinging at 1.5s with the double axe. This is meant to give hope to some players that doom isn't the nightmare that Atlantic would make it seem.

You don't need cameos to be effective in this fight, but I will suggest at least a conjurer trinket so you can have both daemon slayer and undead slayer without having to switch weapons.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Good job posting some evidence King Greg. Didn't watch the whole thing as I already know. But seen so many stupid posts about how hard it is/how it can't be done on x template like Mages etc. I don't have the time/inclination or software to bother videoing anything but I'm willing to bet it is still doable on a 7x GM too. I've already done it on all of my characters (Bard/dragoon/Thrower/casters) other than my Tamer (because he still has skills stoned around from farming Refinements).

And yes the line of sight thing from Flesh Renderer's was removed/fixed between the TC and Origin releases. They're probably the only bit in it that is actually a little risky if you get caught. I was in there this morning on a Parry/Necro/Mage/Weaver doing nothing but Harm/Arch Cure/Heal repeat don't even need Prot as you can just pre cast while its yellow. It's not difficult just have to use some sense, it was actually harder when other people showed up as it went yellow quicker.

Worth mentioning ranged characters get teleported regardless of range / hit effects etc. Seen a lot of people moaning about it there and it isn't what causes it.

There's no end of template combinations that would completely laugh in the face of Doom but so far haven't felt the need to rebuild anyone for it.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Worth mentioning ranged characters get teleported regardless of range / hit effects etc. Seen a lot of people moaning about it there and it isn't what causes it.
They are being teleported to the dark father while not doing any damage to it?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
They are being teleported to the dark father while not doing any damage to it?
No. I mean for example, using my Wraith Thrower, even at 0 range with no hit spell I get Teleported to the other side of him and eventually all around the screen.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No. I mean for example, using my Wraith Thrower, even at 0 range with no hit spell I get Teleported to the other side of him and eventually all around the screen.
Sadly with our developer this doesn't surprise me. Hopefully the new publish fixes one of those issues.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With publish 96, Double Strike works just fine. He barely teleports away from you at all now.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I also made Doom video with Lumberjacking sampire.
That 80 Bushido. You always do a great job Corpse.

You should try dropping lumberjacking for spirit speak and use corpse skin. Would result in more damage than lumberjacking.. Kind of hard to argue with how much damage you are doing to the dark father though :p

Last edited:

BearCorpse

Adventurer
That 80 Bushido. You always do a great job Corpse.

You should try dropping lumberjacking for spirit speak and use corpse skin. Would result in more damage than lumberjacking.. Kind of hard to argue with how much damage you are doing to the dark father though :p
I also tried with SS b4 this video. Damages were not bad. But it's difficult to keep being corpse skin.I needed to cast corpse skin every 20 second under hitting.I won't have plan to use protection because it lose my magic resist 30.
Anyway, I felt fresh and fun with using true necromancy.

BearCorpse

Adventurer
I made spirit speaker run video.
Skill changed from last video: Lumberjacking GM -> Spirit Speak95 , Magic resist 120 -> 95 (for protection)
I took 2 minutes 4 seconds for DF with corpse skin. I also took 1 minute 59 seconds for DF with Lumberjacking.
IMO, choosing lumberjacking is easy and safe for solo. Choosing spirit speak is good with group.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I made spirit speaker run video.
Skill changed from last video: Lumberjacking GM -> Spirit Speak95 , Magic resist 120 -> 95 (for protection)
I took 2 minutes 4 seconds for DF with corpse skin. I also took 1 minute 59 seconds for DF with Lumberjacking.
IMO, choosing lumberjacking is easy and safe for solo. Choosing spirit speak is good with group.
Thanks for the Duo Videos! This game needs more examples of templates and suits in action.

I'll pick up an extra soulstone and play around with the lumberjacking concepts. With your hits being as heavy as they are, have you ever tried just dropping necro all together?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Could you do your highest damage / fastest speed run without perfection bonus? I play Atlantic and would like to see what it's like when you can't get Honour reliably. Only if you have time of course.

BearCorpse

Adventurer
Could you do your highest damage / fastest speed run without perfection bonus? I play Atlantic and would like to see what it's like when you can't get Honour reliably. Only if you have time of course.
In my run, honor is related only to Fleshrenderer and DF. If I needed, I could use double slayer from weapon and cameo to keep damage bonus capped.

Case 1 Fleshrenderer: If I couldn't get Honor,I'll never touch fleshrenderer. I think person who got honor should solo it.
Case 2 Dark Father : My damage scale goes two thirds. Damage range is 131-180 w/o Evil Omen effect. It is still good enough.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In my run, honor is related only to Fleshrenderer and DF. If I needed, I could use double slayer from weapon and cameo to keep damage bonus capped.
Have you tested it to see if it works? I've had some tell me they do stack. Others say it doesn't.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also made Doom video with Lumberjacking sampire.
Excellent fight, looking at the words on the screen, the onslaught and double strike are showing up together. Do you have a macro to use the onslaught and DS in conjunction ? When I turn on the onslaught, the DS always turn off.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aloha, King Greg.

I was looking at your video and it's amazing! thanks for the insight. I recently reactivated my accounts and my sampire has just about all the skills worked up as your template in the video. However, with all the changes to items, I was hoping you could answer a question.

What does your Ring/Brace combo look like? I'm looking on vendor search and I see soooooo many options, it's crazy. What are the core elements that I should look for? SSI/DI/HCI/DCI/+skill/stats??

Thanks

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aloha, King Greg.

I was looking at your video and it's amazing! thanks for the insight. I recently reactivated my accounts and my sampire has just about all the skills worked up as your template in the video. However, with all the changes to items, I was hoping you could answer a question.

What does your Ring/Brace combo look like? I'm looking on vendor search and I see soooooo many options, it's crazy. What are the core elements that I should look for? SSI/DI/HCI/DCI/+skill/stats??

Thanks
Honestly this template from the vid wasn't the best for doom, this was just to show that classes without parrying could still be effective.

I had a much easier time dropping anatomy and going parrying, the damage picked up from counter attack made up for the lower base damage. Honestly with Weapon and Talisman slayers stacking, almost no reason to run chiv at all for this fight.

Ring and brace are just 2 mod clean ssi 10 jewels that have been imbued.

Ssi 10
Di 25

Ssi 10
hci 15

What you put on them just depends on the rest of your suit. Getting 45 HCI obviously Priority #1, Ssi 10, Di 25 on each. From there Strength/dex to hit +25/+25, a little dci, and skill if there is room after that.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the quick reply and clarification on template selection. I'll have to see what skills i have stoned and see if parry is on there.

BearCorpse

Adventurer
I made video with old school skill set. I also can do solo,but I took 10 minutes for F beetle.
Yes,this is wrong movie. I failed to specify range. ha ha ha...

Excellent fight, looking at the words on the screen, the onslaught and double strike are showing up together. Do you have a macro to use the onslaught and DS in conjunction ? When I turn on the onslaught, the DS always turn off.
EC has problem about showing screen message. I activate them Individually.

Last edited:

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know this is an old thread. But BearCorpse, or anyone, why have the Life Leach on the weapon in vamp form? Am I wrong in thinking that only one life leech (weapon or vamp) will work at a time and they don't stack?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
How much of a difference are you guys noticing when you go in there with a bigger group? Are you seeing significantly more spawn or more difficult dark fathers?

Are finding that any templates an absolute no-go when you are fighting the dark fathers?