• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Doom Sampire Help

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So I created a sampire off the Sampire Bible by Sativah and various other posts folks have made. I felt like I had a very solid set up which I will post below. My dilemma is I took my char into Doom and beat on the DF for a bit. Eventually killed him (after about 20 min) but I died 3 times and only hit him for about 90 a pop. I can't understand how people are hitting for 400-800 each hit and I'm sitting at 90 with a decently built suit.
I don't really need opinions as to a better selection of skills...I like the set up I have. I would just like some clarity as to what I may be missing.

My skills:
120 Bush
120 Mace
120 Parry
100 Resist
100 Necro
100 Tactic
60 Chiv

My suit:
70/95/70/70/70
Str/Dex/Int 110/125/20
Final Stats 129/150/28
HP/Stam/Mana 139/163/60
HCI 40
DCI 20
LMC 29
DI 100
SSI 30 (on all weps)

Major Arties on suit:
Mace and Shield
Jackals
Crimmy
Conj. Trinket
Shroud/Condemned

As far as attacking...I EoO the DF, Divine Fury and Cons. Weap. My weapons of choice are Black Staff (50 HSL, 50 HML, 30 SSI, 50 DI, Demon Slayer) and War Axe (24 HSL, 56 HML, 30 SSI, 50 DI, Demon Slayer).

Let me also add that I forgot to honor the DF before hitting him and I never casted Confidence on myself (always took a tamer to solo not a dexxer o_O) - if that helps understand why I didn't hit very hard.

Any help would be fantastic! Thanks

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Who is hitting what for 400-800 damage? I'll need to see some proof with my own eyes. Maybe, just maybe, with enough casting of spells, etc, you could find some monster that you could reduce some of their resists to below 0, maybe even a fair amount below 0, then get it to cast blood oath on you. I once did a double strike to a Shadow Wyrm where both hits were max dmg, and did 360 damage to it. Unfortunately, I also did 220 to myself, which isn't really the point, now is it? The most I've ever done on an AI is 213, with a longsword. I haven't used him in a while, but I know my ABC archer can do closer to 300 with a critical hit from a lightning strike.

If I was holding your weapon with my template, I think I could do something like 140-190 damage per hit, for an avg of around 160. When I use a broadsword(the next step up in dmg/slower speed), I do 153-201 on AIs.

I do see some things:
By not having anatomy, you're losing 20-25% damage.
By not having 120 tactics, you're losing around 12% damage.
By not having str at 150, you're losing a few %.

So that would change the damage showin in your status window UP by about 35% or so. This all applies to the 300% Damage Increase cap.

Lastly, with Chiv at 60% you're losing out of a lot of potential Damage Modifier from EoO. Like 20% or something.

So, basically, you're doing ~50% less damage than you could be.

I think that 120 parry is a waste. Given that you're 120 bushido, I think that the shield become nearly totally ineffective in this scenario.

Also, I think you're overkilling it with the SSI on the weapons, to the detriment of, well everything else.

A 3.0s weapon needs either 210 stam, 180 stam + 5% SSI, or 150 stam + 20SSI to get to 1.25 seconds swing. The extra 10 SSI is doing you no good, as even when your stam drops below 150, you need 35, not 30, SSI to continue swinging at 1.25s.

It's pretty simply to reforge a shield with 5% ssi, 10% is pretty simple too. 5% can be done with a Dull Copper hammer - which are basically trash to most people. So if you put 5% on your shield, you could run 15SSI on your weapons, and for the hammer pick in particular, move the rest of the imbue points into HML or HSL.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
a big axe with double strike... may be close to 400

probably you can do 800 by WoD (SW)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The Darkfather has low resists all across, so by using an AI weapon, you're doing less damage than you could.
Get a 3.0+ seconds weapon with double strike to handle him and you will be doing close 350+ damage per hit/swing on him.

Of course, those can get quite painful if you get hit by blood oath, but since you have resist, they shouldn't hurt as much as the 200+ ones I got hit with...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It does and I love it. It's base damage is similar to the double axe one.
But it is also a single hand weapon, and slower than the double axe. You need more SSI/stam with it.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Couple comments/questions...

I havent played in 6 years so a lot of this stuff Im still coming back into. Also, I heard sampires were the way to go so I figured Id give it a shot.

I dont use a shield since my blocking is lower with bush (from what i saw online).

If I bring tac to 120 and equal that to anat plus bring chiv to 100 (Im assuming is the suggestion) thats 260 point I have to drop somewhere and supplement with jewelry/items.

My question then becomes (knowing what u all know if my current set up what is the best recommendation)? Redoing my suit is the least of my worries. I just want a well done suit that I can solo like i use to do with my tamer. Thanks everybody.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have never been much privy of sampires.
I prefer my bushido paladins instead. 99 skill points less I have to bother with.

I play two different builds:

1. All 120 real skill
120 swords
120 tactics
120 anat
120 parry
120 chiv
120 bushido

Suit with 45 DCI/40 HCI, because I am too lazy to max it. Heck, her poison resist is at 53 too.
This lass can take a lot of stuff, but big uglies with enemy of one have proved to be her doom more than once.
I have soloed Navrey with her before and she did good against most peerless bosses. Dreadhorn proved a major problem due to poison

2. 120 weapon, lots of 100
120 swords
100 tactics
100 anat
100 parry
100 chiv
100 bushido
100 healing/resist spells

This lass hits slightly less hard than the other one, but she is more versatile. Healing have saved my butt many times, and I can swap it for resist spells for fighting big uglies who can cast enemy of one.
For this lass, the suit uses refinements to bring it to 75/75/70/70/75.
Both run suits with 5 metal pieces.

I stick max hit life leech on my weapons rather than reforging 100% hll, since I prefer to reforge 100% elemental on them.
I am sure that 100% hll is nice and all, but I am making it do just fine with 80%+ on them.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
DO you not use AI? If you do, then 100% elemental is moot. Then again, with 100/120 chiv, why not just use CW if you're not AI-ing?

What mobs cast EoO? I've never seen that.

The stuff that gives me the most trouble is things can Blood Oath me. I, just for fun, tried the doom gauntlet myself last night. Solo'd 3 dark fathers. Died a few times. When he lands a blood oath, and 0.25s later I land a ~250dmg AI which then does ~100 damage to me, well it's all luck as to whether I was at max hp before that happened whether I live or die.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I confused the names of EoO and blood oath. Happens when trying to reply while reading work e-mails. :p

I use AI against a few mobs, but even then I prefer to use a 100% elemental weapon since sometimes the RNG gods aren't very favourable to you and you leech very little mana on an AI. With 100% elemental, you regain it faster from normal attacks.
And CW has a much too short duration, so maintaining it up can be annoying. :(

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Keep resist vs. anatomy for Doom, raise tactics to 120 and chivalry to at least 100, dropping parry to 60, is my advice. I use the imbuing intensity left on my jewelry for +skill, so I can get parry up to 80 or chivalry up to 120 (if I ever get clean swing speed jewelry I can put +15 on each I believe)

I also would prefer higher life leech to 100% elemental damage if I didn't have necromancy for VE, just because with 55 LMC on my suit and 65 mana I can armor ignore nearly unless I get mana drained. I would think 20% life leech would make a big difference.

If you do keep necromancy for VE, look into reforging your weapons for 100% elemental damage of whatever type is appropriate for what you'll be fighting. Very useful for whirlwind and/or double strike weapons.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know my archer does a lot of damage against the DF, it's been like 2 years since I've killed one though. IIRC, elemental slayers work against him as well. You could have a double slayer undead/elemental against him.

Also, please get something besides the jackal's collar.... it's awful.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I wouldn't recommend an elemental slayer weapon against the DF.
DF is daemon slayer, so using an elemental slayer weapon against him means being hit by double damage.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone claiming those damage figures, you might want to ask them who else is in the party with them.
My guildmates can do it - provided I'm with them. The character I use for guild hunts is a legendary bard.

I discord the dark father and run both provocation bard masteries. Here's what they do for my group:
Discordance reduces all resistances and skills of the target by up to 20% at Grandmaster and 28% at Legendary.

Inspire: Party Hit chance increase by up to 15%, Damage increase by up to 40%, SDI increased by up
to 15% (PvP Cap 15)(Provocation Based)
Invigorate: Party Hit Points increased by up to 20, Party healed for 7-16 dmg every 4 seconds.
(Provocation Based). Party Strength, Dex, Int, Increased by Up to 8.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't recommend an elemental slayer weapon against the DF.
DF is daemon slayer, so using an elemental slayer weapon against him means being hit by double damage.
It might be demon/undead, I know the DF is affected by two different slayers, just not sure on which 2. Like I said, it's been over 2 years since I've done doom.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It might be demon/undead, I know the DF is affected by two different slayers, just not sure on which 2. Like I said, it's been over 2 years since I've done doom.
DF used to be demon and air elemental slayer, but I haven't tried the specific slayer in many years.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
DF was Demon/Daemon Slayer vulnerable (back when those two were seperate). My old friend Spirit Heart had a Demon/Daemon Slayer Juka Bow that wreaked havoc on the Dark Father.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DF is affected with demon or daemon + any elemental slayer, i know because i use them and i sell them as well. It becomes harder to find those kind of weapons, specially melee ones (i think i still have 1 left), but archery is a bit easier.