• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

doom artie prices?

G

now that doom arties are not dropping quite so readily do you think the prices will go up or is everyone artied up now?

G

No I'm completely bereft of arties (and gold atm) so I will still be on the look out for a bargain!

Although I think the number of people in Doom will start to subside, which may edge prices up slightly, but then there will be an influx of people heading back to doom, flooding the market, and chances are prices will drop to less than they are now.

Of course that's my opinion, I'm no economist or fortune teller

S

SilentFoxXy

Speaking as a major Doom Arti vendor......Im amazed at the current prices of items from Doom. Im a Regular in Doom as SilberCatt, I spend several hours a day in there, and hitting DFs for 130-150 and getting 800-1k gold off them I know I am on the high damager lists etc...and Im struggling to land one in a 3 hour session.

Quite how folks end up with 3 of each item after 2 hrs is a bit beyond me...but its ruined prices.

I still have stock that I obtained before the changes, certain items that were in the mid 20 millions IE: Armor Of Fortune- now selling for 5 mill. With the drop rate now slowed it would seem, I sure hope prices start to rise again.

That said, to be competetive one does need to undercut anyone else, and thus Im probably cutting my own throat in pricing up so low

My idea would be to have a vendor list of the items with a RRP (Or Rec Retail Price) listing.....thus keeping the prices bouyant. Wouldnt take 5 mins to compile a price listing for each of the doom drop artifacts...and if as vendors we stick to it we can ensure prices are not too low....Just an idea:)

S

SilentFoxXy

<blockquote><hr>

My idea would be to have a vendor list of the items with a RRP (Or Rec Retail Price) listing.....thus keeping the prices bouyant. Wouldnt take 5 mins to compile a price listing for each of the doom drop artifacts...and if as vendors we stick to it we can ensure prices are not too low....Just an idea:)

[/ QUOTE ]

Something along these lines:) any comments??:)-

Doom Gauntlet Artifacts : RRP

Arcane Shield 1.25m

Armor of Fortune 7m

Axe of the Heavens 500k

Blade of Insanity 500k

Bone Crusher 250k

Bracelet of Health 1m

Breath of the Dead 500k

Divine Countenance 500k

Frostbringer 500k

Gauntlets of Nobility 500k

Hat of the Magi 7m

Helm of Insight 1m

Holy Knight's Breastplate 250k

Hunter's Headdress 4m

Jackal's Collar 7m

Legacy of the Dread Lord 250k

Leggings of Bane 3m

Midnight Bracers 4m

Ornament of the Magician 15m

Ornate Crown of the Harrower 250k

Ring of the Elements 1m

Ring of the Vile 2.5m

Serpent's Fang 500k

Shadow Dancer Leggings 3m

Spirit of the Totem 6m

Staff of the Magi 500k

The Beserker's Maul 250k

The Dragon Slayer 50k

The Dryad Bow 1m

The Taskmaster 500k

Tunic of Fire 500k

Voice of the Fallen King 750k

Ægis 750k

STEALS:

Blade of the Righteous 15m

The Inquisitor's Resolution 32m

Titan's Hammer 12m

Zyronic Claw 10m

I

imported_gwen_alcestis

You'd need the big shops to wanna play your game then. Not likely to happen.
I for one would never agree to using a list of set prices.

G

I think this is just testament to the ruined economy of UO to be honest.

Drake

G

a good list silber and seems ok but like gwen said u need the support of the shops and if blue wolf wont support it then neither will 3's company for sure

S

SilentFoxXy

Love the way "The BIG" shops get mentioned lol. Personally I have over 1/2 the vendors in the CD Vendor Mall (28), a small place just outside Britan (16), A small 3 vendor patch also in Umbra, and my own 45 vendor shop /home in Tokuno. Whilst this is not quite the number that Gwen has with her 3 establishments, (All are stocked by myself as well.....so as an individual Vendor Im pretty big), thus Id like to think that I can compete with BWT, F&amp;T etc as a fairly large concern.....

I would never dream that we would be able to reach an agreement on prices, especially with some of the shops obvioulsy charging well over the average price to the passing trade, but it was an idea thrown into the melting pot. Would NEVER be workable cos then there would be no cut throat pricing to undercut the other vendors....and ruin 1/2 the fun of shopping around..... As Ive mentioned, personally I go round over 25 vendors every day, and try to ensure that MY prices are the lowest available, and if not they are certainly very competetive.

Ive seen the minor major dooms (Legs of Bane, Shad Legs, Midnights, Hunters etc) drop massively in recent weeks, but now they seem to be leveling back out again and in some case rising slightly as folk realise that some of them are not dropping quite as often as the current prices indicate.

As usual our market has a knee jerk reaction to updates, and takes a few months to find it base. Lets face it tho, it now gives a lot of folk the chance to own an AOF or a Orni, where in the past they were just day dreams.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

Just got the ring of elements... (price drop... now worth 999.999 gold!!!)

Adam Smith, Paretto... they all agree... the more we get, the less they are worth...

GO TEAM!!!

G

more like this methinks....

Arcane Shield 500k

Armor of Fortune 5m

Axe of the Heavens 250k

Blade of Insanity 500k

Bone Crusher 100k

Bracelet of Health 1m

Breath of the Dead 100k

Divine Countenance 100k

Frostbringer 100k

Gauntlets of Nobility 250k

Hat of the Magi 6m

Helm of Insight 500k

Holy Knight's Breastplate 100k

Hunter's Headdress 4m

Jackal's Collar 7m

Legacy of the Dread Lord 250k

Leggings of Bane 3m

Midnight Bracers 4m

Ornament of the Magician 10m

Ornate Crown of the Harrower 100k

Ring of the Elements 1m

Ring of the Vile 2m

Serpent's Fang 100k

Shadow Dancer Leggings 2.5m

Spirit of the Totem 5m

Staff of the Magi 500k

The Beserker's Maul 250k

The Dragon Slayer 100k

The Dryad Bow 500k

The Taskmaster 250k

Tunic of Fire 100k

Voice of the Fallen King 250k

Ægis 500k

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

more like this methinks....

Arcane Shield 500k

[...]

Ægis 500k

[/ QUOTE ]
Not to turn this into a 'COME SHOP AT MY VENDOR NOW' post, but I sell several things at prices below the ones listed in this topic and some still struggle to sell.
I really think it's impossible to create a list of prices that is 100% accurate and stable at this moment. Some seem to go up, some go down.

G

Ypu can go the the bigger malls and pay 4x this...but id say the price guide i gave is typical for europa....100k-10m tops

I

imported_gwen_alcestis

The arties worth mentioning are actually cheaper than your list at my shop too.

Oh and Lucy, just so you know, BWT &amp; Three's a crowd owners are not friends and most certainly not in cahoots.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

My second Hat of Magi!

Market effect... Hat of the Magi 5,999,999!