• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Doom and the gauntlet....

QII

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

I am wondering if a tamer can solo the gauntlet?? If so, what template and tactics would work the best??

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Haven't seen a tamer solo DF in a long time. My best guess on a tamer temp that could would be the Bard Tamer. But that's just a guess.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Post the Bard/Tamer Gauntlet question in the Bard forum. I'd be curious to have Poo weigh in there....

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I've been soloing Doom on my Bard Tamer since about 6 months after it came out. Built the char specifically to do it.

Used to use Nightmare/WW combo, but now use Doggie. Don't use GD just because I don't like walking.

Template: Obviously has been tweaked over the years. Used to have poor resists and had to carry spellbook vs Staff of Magi, etc.

animal taming 110
animal lore 85 (110)
vet 100
magery 75 (100)
music 115 (120)
discord 120
provoke 115 (120)

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been soloing Doom on my Bard Tamer since about 6 months after it came out. Built the char specifically to do it.

Used to use Nightmare/WW combo, but now use Doggie. Don't use GD just because I don't like walking.

Template: Obviously has been tweaked over the years. Used to have poor resists and had to carry spellbook vs Staff of Magi, etc.

animal taming 110
animal lore 85 (110)
vet 100
magery 75 (100)
music 115 (120)
discord 120
provoke 115 (120)
Can you solo the DF with this char? If so, could you share your technique with us?

;)

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sure.

First of course is to get the DF discorded. Then I send my doggie in to fight the DF and mount an ethy. I usually can just heal with magery, but occasionally I have to run in and throw some aids on it.

As the DF spawn comes I provoke it onto the the DF. I mainly only provoke the mummies, skeletal knights, lich lords and rotting corpses. Any of the lesser creatures I either ignore or just kill with a fireball or using Staff of Pyros.

Sometimes if alot of LL's and RC's spawn I'll provoke them onto each other first since the failure rate is alot lower than provoking onto the DF. Then as I have time I'll provoke them onto the DF. RC's are really the only thing that once provoked onto the DF are going to last more than a couple of minutes.

It does take awhile but it's fairly easy to do. The only times I die is if I get real unlucky and a LL gets me.