• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Don't delete an avatar....

G

Because you won't be able to create a new one in EA Land. "The city is full, sorry! No one can create any more new avatars in this city..."

Hopefully this is just a bug...

G

a Web site is reporting the city is full but has the green light

G

Already?

I wonder if this has to do with Amnesty. I remember a while back Parizad said, during Town Meeting, that <u>all</u> sims on the account would be receiving one anniversary gift. So everyone, like myself, created 8 sims per account.

Wonder if EA is going to ask us to delete some?

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

Already?

I wonder if this has to do with Amnesty. I remember a while back Parizad said, during Town Meeting, that <u>all</u> sims on the account would be receiving one anniversary gift. So everyone, like myself, created 8 sims per account.

Wonder if EA is going to ask us to delete some?

[/ QUOTE ]

They changed that to that your primary avatar gets three gifts.
You pick your primary avatar where the "move" button use to be

G

<blockquote><hr>

They changed that to that your primary avatar gets three gifts.
You pick your primary avatar where the "move" button use to be

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I know but when that was quoted from Parizad, I would've assumed everyone went crazy and created 8 sims per account to take advantage of it.

J

jammybob

It has to be a bug.
I've been pretty critical of the way the devs have approached the updating of this game... I don't though think they are totally dumb. They have to have known when they decided to create one big city that capacity would have to be greatly increased if the game was once again to become popular.
If it was true that the city was full, then they would have to stop new customers joining the game which would be like insane.
Its a bug, it just has to be

I

imported_remflyer

They may have temporarily halted new avatar creation so they can get an accounting of the avatars that are eligible for amnesty. Could mean that they are planning the start of amnesty this week.

J

jammybob

<blockquote><hr>

They may have temporarily halted new avatar creation so they can get an accounting of the avatars that are eligible for amnesty. Could mean that they are planning the start of amnesty this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they can't do that as the deadline is the 30th, not the 28th

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They can do what ever they want and they may be getting an accounting then reopen it for the last few avatars or accounts that want to sneak in. That way most of the eligible accounts will already be prepped.

G

Its a sign.

Sorry I knew a lot of people were thinking it and was surprised that no one mentioned anything yet.

G

The deadline for amnesty was the end of March. The deadline for founder status is the end of April. Amnesty could already be handed out.

If any of that matters now.

J

jasminemoon

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They can do what ever they want and they may be getting an accounting then reopen it for the last few avatars or accounts that want to sneak in. That way most of the eligible accounts will already be prepped.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, it's going to be a tough job "counting" and "organizing" the amnesty players. And I can envision that they would start early. Obviously, there are a lot of players to account for- ergo, it cannot be done in just ONE day..so that it can be implemented as soon as humanly possible.

If new accounts continue to be opened while they are doing this, then it would be like we were all standing in a line and then someone jumps out to run to the front or middle, which in turn, would create chaos while the devs are trying to count ones that are already here and then those jumping into the middle might leave tons out!

Imagine a huge large line of children where more than 10 keep jumping or moving around in the "line" and getting "recounted" and the devs would just have to count again, and again, and again. I see it as a sign that amnesty is moving forward, and today just happens to be "head count" day!

I'm not saying that Amnesty will be implemented immediately, but that they have began a starting point that it will prevent so much confusion when it does happen!

It makes a lot of sense when you think about it; and it will keep us "sims" much more pleased when amnesty is implemented (ie. The disorganized: "wait you missed me!!" e-mails- merely because another one of "your" sims was created and jumped into the middle by accident). It may also show that they are INDEED working very hard on Amnesty. (hopefully soon!)

...yep, I have faith that this is what could very well be happening!

Jasmine

G

<blockquote><hr>

I agree, it's going to be a tough job "counting" and "organizing" the amnesty players. And I can envision that they would start early. Obviously, there are a lot of players to account for- ergo, it cannot be done in just ONE day..so that it can be implemented as soon as humanly possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like a big job. If only they had a computer and knew someone who could write a program to do it.

G

Ooohhh....a full city!!! Hopefully its NOT a bug and its the beginning of Amnesty! It would be sooo nice to get all those locks!! There goes my social life again.

M

master_of_none

<blockquote><hr>

Ooohhh....a full city!!! Hopefully its NOT a bug and its the beginning of Amnesty! It would be sooo nice to get all those locks!! There goes my social life again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, positive out look here.. going with the head count idea, especially rereading this morning, last month's major post on expectations etc on the amnesty project and moving forward.
I see the two green lights on for EA Land and TC3, along with "Full" next to EA Land as I post this...

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

or it could be just another bug

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes it could be just another bug like some of you think but I would rather imagine it is a sign that the groundwork is being put in place for our amnesty. Time will tell but I am hoping for the best.

S

Shyanne1

<blockquote><hr>

If new accounts continue to be opened while they are doing this, then it would be like we were all standing in a line and then someone jumps out to run to the front or middle, which in turn, would create chaos while the devs are trying to count ones that are already here and then those jumping into the middle might leave tons out!

[/ QUOTE ]

First, they don't physically count the amnesty players so it's not a tough job at all. That's what computers are for. EA knows exactly how many people are in the game at one time, how many sims have been created and all sorts of other facts that would be useless to us. They can also call up these stats at the push of a button instantly.

They also would just shut down EA land whenever they are doing Amnesty. They could start now but the deadline to create new sims to be eligible for Amnesty is April 30th and I highly doubt that they would stop sim creation 2 days ahead to get ready for it but they could do it in stages during a simple maintenance update. When that happens they simply have to create the code (which I'm sure has been created long ago) to give sims there skill locks and anniversary gifts. It's a simple look and see if this sim is x days old and if it is then give this gift or divide the number of days to get the skill locks.

It's probably a bug. The sky is not falling.

I

imported_JimDog

The full status is not a bug per-se. There is a limit to the total number of avatars that can exist in EA-Land. The only place I can find an actual number is in this post from Lee back in November. At that time, pre-merge, there could only be a total of 100,000 avatars in EA-Land (created, not in the city at the same time). Yesterday, we hit whatever that cap is now and the dev team just needs to up that limit to allow more avatars to be created.

G

Pretty serious issue though.

1) People will be deleting their avatars to make new ones now before amnesty, if they're not happy with the looks
2) New players... Not allowed to be created?

Okay I will be making less hamburgers for a couple days then

D

DjMacDaddy01201

I made 8 sims per account because I have way too much stuff for 6 sims to hold

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps it is halted on accounts that are already in EA-Land and not to some that may still return before the deadline.

I

imported_CherryBomb

<blockquote><hr>

EA knows exactly how many people are in the game at one time, how many sims have been created and all sorts of other facts that would be useless to us. They can also call up these stats at the push of a button instantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

This one made me spit coffee laughing. EA wouldn't recognize a metric if it hit them slam between the eyes.

CherryBomb

G

....And now we know why....

With the game closing, they should at least allow us to create new characters if we want to. I don't really see much point in it now...why skill to make higher payouts when its all going to be for nothing? Heck, open up the floodgates of SIM money and give us the dang catalogue back, and let us all build and buy to our heart's desire before its all ripped out from under us. I don't see any reasons for a skill house, money, store, or much else even being opened any longer.

J

jwilso3340

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, positive out look here.. going with the head count idea, especially rereading this morning, last month's major post on expectations etc on the amnesty project and moving forward.
I see the two green lights on for EA Land and TC3, along with "Full" next to EA Land as I post this...

[/ QUOTE ]

This all just seems so ironic in retrospect.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Free players can't get in anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... yes they can. I have both a paid account and a free account. I have sims from both accounts on right now.

However, since technically noone is paying right now, I think they should give free players full access until closing.