• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

dom't pretamed bulls give better gains?

G

I thought the way it worked was that pretamed bulls always gave better gains? I was in jhelom pen trying to tame a few bulls and another tamer was killing them off as fast as he tamed them. I tried to tell him/her that pretames gave better gains. They never replied, I watched them kill off a few more then left. Am I wrong or is this just a bad tamer?
Taming Ki-rins is giving me gains in lore but few very if any in taming. I even SS off med to give me better headroom for skills.

G

Yer so old skool!
Back when we had to tame bulls in the snow uphill both ways pretames were fought over. Now the newest generation gains better with the new born bulls.

G

That's me I am as old school as they get. Glad to know about the new borns though. Thanks

A

Antion_Vallin

I think instead of the 1/1000 chance you have with a newborn a pretame will give you a 2/1000 chance, or a 1/500... Too much math in UO!

G

I think UO is getting to be way too much math. I just want to have fun not do equations.

A

Antion_Vallin

It's easier to just go ahead and do the stuff and see first hand how you rank against different odds rather than doing the technical math behind the scenes.

G

Man, I remember they days when I loved pretames, and practically everyone around loved pretames too. But yeah, it's all about fresh tames now.

The only thing that bothered me was when people don't rename their pretames.

A

Antion_Vallin

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Yea, if you ever saw a bull named "D" you pretty much didn't have a chance of taming it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Yea, if you ever saw a bull named "D" you pretty much didn't have a chance of taming it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, well that is why I make sure LS randomly has a petting zoo on the Moonglow Bank roof!