• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

doing a level 7 chest and all the loot disapeared before i could get it

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is there a timer? renegades take so long to kill maybe i took to long but never had that happen before. i was looting and everything rapidly was deleted

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No offence, but dang how long did it take ya? LOL

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would also like to know how long it took you. Seems if you are looking at the loot then taking what you want it is going to take awhile.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no way it didnt even take me an hour,either 3-4 hours is wrong or it was changed

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no way it didnt even take me an hour,either 3-4 hours is wrong or it was changed

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i was half way through the chest and it started to disappear rapidly like 100 people was looting ,im going to time my next one but i would say it was like 30-45 mins in, just hope it dosent happen to anyone else level 7 maps hard to get

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It happend to me, I just finished the renegades - and when i was to open the chest it just vanished. I used too long time to kill the renegades.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How long do you think it took you, @Mandrake? I bet it was not the 2-3 hours the site I quoted said you have. This is really making me not want to bother with L7 chests.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Think it took 1 hr, is a while ago - but it is a thread about that in the t-hunter forum somewhere.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm starting to think this is only happening on lvl 7 chests that can spawn renegades. I've done a good 10-12 lvl 7 FEL maps today that I had saved up and had no issues at all with loot disappearing.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm starting to think this is only happening on lvl 7 chests that can spawn renegades. I've done a good 10-12 lvl 7 FEL maps today that I had saved up and had no issues at all with loot disappearing.
Well, you dont use a hr to kill the guardians before u can start looting. If you dig the chest and let it stay a hr - it vanish.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, you dont use a hr to kill the guardians before u can start looting. If you dig the chest and let it stay a hr - it vanish.
LOL, nope can't say it's ever taken me an hour to do a t-map chest! Guess I don't have to worry.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
in wonder if a stealther was helping himself to some of your loot?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
decay timers for everything were sped up doesnt everything decay in 30 - 45 mins now?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
in wonder if a stealther was helping himself to some of your loot?
I don't think anybody can take anything out of a treasure chest except the thunter - that's why I always had to drop stuff on the ground for others when not alone

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i just always assumed it was open to anyone.
funny, im gonna to have a look at this.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found the old thread I posted in - and it says that the timer is 30 min for the chest to despawn.

http://community.stratics.com/threa...sh-while-we-still-fight-the-guardians.310822/

30 ridicolous minutes is way, but WAY too short a time. Besides, the decay time should not be one and the same but VARY depending on the chest level.

If 30 minutes might be OK for a level 1 chest, they may not for a level 3 or 4 and, DEFINATELY, not for a level 5 or 6 or 7...

For higher levels treasure chests the decay time should be no less than 2 or 3 hours, IMHO.
Not only the Monsters to fight are tougher, but there is also more items to look at and decide whether to keep or let go.

Forcing players to "rush up" their hunting Guardians within 30 minutes total from digging it up simply only achieves making treasure hunting not playable, especially on low population shards where it is impossible to gather a hunting party at peak hours, imagine at off-peak hours.....

It only makes the game playable for those very few players who have their characters all geared up with expensive gear and weaponry and are thus capable of killing 8 guardians real fast. All other players, will only be able to forget about playing treasure hunting in Ultima Online, at least in regards to higher levels chests...

At the VERY least, the decay should only start AFTER the lock has been picked and NOT after the chest was digged up.... and it should never be less than an hour, even in that case or, make sure that the times for higher level chests is no less then 3, at most 2 hours....

Last edited:

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
30 ridicolous minutes is way, but WAY too short a time. Besides, the decay time should not be one and the same but VARY depending on the chest level.

If 30 minutes might be OK for a level 1 chest, they may not for a level 3 or 4 and, DEFINATELY, not for a level 5 or 6 or 7...

For higher levels treasure chests the decay time should be no less than 2 or 3 hours, IMHO.
Not only the Monsters to fight are tougher, but there is also more items to look at and decide whether to keep or let go.

Forcing players to "rush up" their hunting Guardians within 30 minutes total from digging it up simply only achieves making treasure hunting not playable, especially on low population shards where it is impossible to gather a hunting party at peak hours, imagine at off-peak hours.....

It only makes the game playable for those very few players who have their characters all geared up with expensive gear and weaponry and are thus capable of killing 8 guardians real fast. All other players, will only be able to forget about playing treasure hunting in Ultima Online, at least in regards to higher levels chests...

At the VERY least, the decay should only start AFTER the lock has been picked and NOT after the chest was digged up.... and it should never be less than an hour, even in that case or, make sure that the times for higher level chests is no less then 3, at most 2 hours....

It would be fine if the timer was reset when the guardians took damage, but that it is not. If you - as in my incidence, do a illsh t-map lvl 7 and get 4 renegades to kill...or a paragon renegade... u need way way more than 30 mins... But, thats not how it is set. It will not consider the damage on guardians as a reset, it continue to countdown. And if you cannot kill the guardians within that time, your chest is lost...

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm glad this was brought out. I was wondering whether to buy High Seas to do the L7 chests. If I only have 30 minutes to do it, forget it. I'll not spend the money and stick with L6 chests.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad this was brought out. I was wondering whether to buy High Seas to do the L7 chests. If I only have 30 minutes to do it, forget it. I'll not spend the money and stick with L6 chests.
You have 30 mins to kill the guardians and open the chest. Trammel/Fell/Malas and Ter Mur lvl 7 maps are easy, its only Illsh that is a problem when you get thoose darn renegades. So, if you plan do a lvl 7 Illsh map - be sure to have with a few friends to kill the initial spawn.