• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dog parks

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you take your dog to the dog park? Sophie as a year membership to one near us. She loves socializing, and playing with the other puppies. She is so very hyper and fast I call her the paragon puppy that is how fast she moves at times. The dog park is the best thing for her because it wears her out.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The dog parks around me are free, which is nice. It's just a hassle to take Bella. She gets her hair and stink all over the car. So I mainly just walk her in the walking trails around the house. She stills gets to socialize a lot, because I dogsit every week or two.

I do like dog parks. They're just not very convenient to me.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yep We can see the dog park from our back yard. Whiskey (my dog) gets very jealous of other dogs that get to go to the dog park when she's only being taken out to do business.
She tries to socialize with the other dogs, but the dog owners around us are snooty and don't really like my baby girl because she isn't a breed. Everyone else has pure bred dogs and I have a pound puppy.
In fact there's a lady that goes daily to the dog park (and doesn't pick up I might add) with two boston terriers (love the breed). When Whiskey and I arrive she panics and pulls her dogs away. She proceeded to pull the fence door shut saying "we will be done in a moment" (as if i walked in on her on the toilet). Banged up my arm pretty good against the gate in fact. Huge bruise still. My dog isn't mean, wasn't barking or growling. In fact she was hiding behind me waiting for me to say it was ok to leave my side.
Meh dog snobs are the worst. But when we get the park to ourselves she wears herself out pretty quickly. That's HER park. Just ask her ;)

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep We can see the dog park from our back yard. Whiskey (my dog) gets very jealous of other dogs that get to go to the dog park when she's only being taken out to do business.
She tries to socialize with the other dogs, but the dog owners around us are snooty and don't really like my baby girl because she isn't a breed. Everyone else has pure bred dogs and I have a pound puppy.
In fact there's a lady that goes daily to the dog park (and doesn't pick up I might add) with two boston terriers (love the breed). When Whiskey and I arrive she panics and pulls her dogs away. She proceeded to pull the fence door shut saying "we will be done in a moment" (as if i walked in on her on the toilet). Banged up my arm pretty good against the gate in fact. Huge bruise still. My dog isn't mean, wasn't barking or growling. In fact she was hiding behind me waiting for me to say it was ok to leave my side.
Meh dog snobs are the worst. But when we get the park to ourselves she wears herself out pretty quickly. That's HER park. Just ask her ;)
It sounds like she is more afraid of your dog because of her size than what breed she is.What doesn't help is seeing on on line big dogs are bully dogs. the lil ones here I educate them on dogs. 3 main things I tell them not go up to dogs you don't know. Don't hug a dog to them its aggressive move. Never ever run from a dog wants you start running your considered prey. That can't ever be bred out of dogs.
Even at the age of 2 the kids here been involved with feeding the pets, and teaching them tricks. It builds a bond between them, and makes the dog non aggressive around their food with the kids.

When we had our dog Abby my niece Natalie at age 2 would throw food on the floor for her from the high chair.
She go home for the night at dinner time she would throw food on the ground for Abby. her mom asked her why she was doing that. she said I'm feeding the dog. Mom told her they don't have a dog here at home. she said Oh.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since I have bad allergies to shedding dogs my sister picks up her daughter, and Sophie heads to the dog park after work. Instead of coming back here she goes home to her apartment with the dog drops her back off at home when she leaves for work. The reason she is keeping her over night is there been some break ins in the apartment complex. So last night the dog wouldn't come into the bedroom so my sister could shut the door. My sister went to grab her she ran to the door sat waited for my sister to show her she didn't lock the door. Once she lock the door the dog ran right into the bed room jumped up onto the bed.:)

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lady Michelle, perhaps this could help? I wear a painter's dust mask (http://www.homedepot.com/p/G-F-Particle-Respirator-Non-Toxic-Dust-Mask-Box-of-50-9118/203070467) whenever the weather conditions out here in San Diego start kicking up dust (high winds) or during hay-fever season. Perhaps this can help with the shedding dogs.

Out here in Southern California, there a many dog parks. I actually frequent a few once in a while...even though I don't have a dog! http://www.sandiego.org/articles/pe...ches-parks-recreation-areas-in-san-diego.aspx

TQQdles™

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lady Michelle, perhaps this could help? I wear a painter's dust mask (http://www.homedepot.com/p/G-F-Particle-Respirator-Non-Toxic-Dust-Mask-Box-of-50-9118/203070467) whenever the weather conditions out here in San Diego start kicking up dust (high winds) or during hay-fever season. Perhaps this can help with the shedding dogs.

Out here in Southern California, there a many dog parks. I actually frequent a few once in a while...even though I don't have a dog! http://www.sandiego.org/articles/pe...ches-parks-recreation-areas-in-san-diego.aspx

TQQdles™
Thank you, but its more a eye allergy with dogs than a breathing allergy problem. With cats its both eyes and breathing.