• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does your passive reveal work if you're hidden?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As title says:

If I am hidden, will my passive reveal still affect others?

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure it will, cause I remember during the invasion in Moonglow, my friend and I were stealthing around looking for threads and we kept revealing each other at the worst possible times. So I'm assuming as long as they're moving around it should work, even if you're hidden.

R

Ravahan

I'm not sure on that, but I /do/ know if you stealth into one another you will reveal. On that note, if you're going to do multiple stealthers in a group, its best to set up a UOAM server so you can keep track of your companions position.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, I will have to give this a test then somehow.
Currently I am putting detect on my thief. My thief also happens to have hiding/stealth. Hence my curiosity about whether or not I will be passively revealing others while I am stealthing around.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A note about the Moonglow Rift, the big green gas clouds revealed from 6 tiles away. I thought it was my partner revealing me but in testing with no one else around it was the clouds.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure it was my friend and I revealing each other, cause sometimes the Fetid Essences weren't anywhere near us, but then again, it was awhile ago, so I'm not positive

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know the answer about passive reveal, I just know that its possible it was the Fetid Essences also. Those damn things could reveal from the other side of walls.

R

Ravahan

I don't know the answer about passive reveal, I just know that its possible it was the Fetid Essences also. Those damn things could reveal from the other side of walls.
And, again, if two stealthers walk into one another, one of them will always reveal the other. That is very possibly what happened. Most actions in stealth mode will auto-reveal you, and I think all aggressive actions do. Thus the whole beef I've seen posted of "Steathers wanting to kill people without them being able to target" is rather null.

I'm fairly sure actively using detect would reveal you, but unsure as to whether or not the passive trait would function.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it's possible, and it is very annoying at a fel idoc when a stealthing elf with tracking finds you and sneaks over to you to reveal you to make you a target for other players.

I'll usually run off, recall out, then sneak back in in a different ninjitsu form, or hang out farther away from the falling house.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No no. Not by using the skill, just passive detect. Such as when you stealth by someone you just get revealed because the passive revealer is either an elf or has detect skill. Unless that's what you are saying Sarsmi.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No no. Not by using the skill, just passive detect. Such as when you stealth by someone you just get revealed because the passive revealer is either an elf or has detect skill. Unless that's what you are saying Sarsmi.
Yah, the second thing you said. =)

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, so if I am hidden and someone stealths by me they should technically get revealed since I have GM detect even if I don't use the skill.
Could potentially annoy a lot of stealthers.
Sounds fun :p

R

Ravahan

Hmm, so if I am hidden and someone stealths by me they should technically get revealed since I have GM detect even if I don't use the skill.
Could potentially annoy a lot of stealthers.
Sounds fun :p

You have created a monster!​

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A stealth ninja thief with detect and tracking. Yes, a monster indeed.
:stir:

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, through playing on my thief here with GM detect while stealthing, passive detect does not work while hidden. If it does it isn't as effective.

V

Vandetta

hmmm I stealthed into the COM base the other day and the opposing guild had hidden themselves in a baracade. The only way to pass was through them. During my attempts the only time that I was revealed was when they were showing...

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I don't consider walking into a hidden person as passive detect related to the Detect skill. :p