• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does This Polar Bear Make My Butt Look Big ???

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Me and a friend were talking bout Mounts and why we liked them. Started wondering bout what Folks liked and/or disliked about certain Mounts.
Whats your Favorite Mount or least Favorite Mount ??? :bdh:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Favorite: Cu Sidhe

Least Favorite: Boura and Hellhound

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My favorite mount is easily the llama. It's smaller, more compact and tougher to drag a bar from in pvp. It also gets several bonus points just for being a llama. Second would be a horse.

Least favorite: Swamp Dragons and Reptalons

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a fetish for ethy Ostards Next up would be Ki's real or ethy just like the way they look and my necros will ride nothing but Grizzled Mares.

Least favorite hands down the ethy reptalon and hellhounds.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally I always loved the Unicorn. I also LOVE the Hellhound... Skeletal Steed...

I don't really like the swampy anymore since they drastically changed the graphics for it.. at least in the EC... I miss my 6 legged friend... reminded me of the Xanth Series by Piers Anthony... and the Gap Dragon.

I had a pair of them ..... one named Stanley the other Steamer.

Now my least favorite is the Reptalon.... by FAR followed by the Ridgeback..... one of the ugliest things in UO.

Edit: Still waiting for @Mesanna to get me a rideable Spider!

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Polar Bears for the win !!

It fits my dwarven theme.

I wanted to like the boura and the hell hound, but meh, they're not that great..

Never did like the ridgebacks.

But the original three, horse, llama, and ostard are always good.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Llama's! Real and Ethy....I just love the way they look, super cute!

I don't really care too much for any other mount that we have...nightmare/dread mare just because of the color, I do love horses just not plain colors.

I like the reptalon because of the way it hops!

I played another game and had a giant scorpion as a mount...I like bug mounts....scorpion, spider....would love to have one in UO! :)

Least favorite is hard to say...the boura's look kinda funky....and the hellhound I don't care for too much but for the most part I'll ride just about any one of them, just the Llama is my favorite!

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I would post what I'm really thinking about the best mount but I would have to report my own post.... and its now your WOW upside down :p LOL

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ancient Hellhound looks like a walrus... I prefer Llama, Anniversary Horses, Grizzled Mares

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
favorite: ostard. they have a smaller on-screen image which has 2 benefits ... makes it harder to get the health bar in pvp. less pixels to paint = faster speed on-screen.

least favorite: swamp dragon

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know it always did seem to me the Ostard was faster than the other ethy mounts followed by the llama. Always thought it was just my perception and not real though.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Favorite ethy = Llama (hellhound is a very close second)
Favorite nontamer pet = black horse
Favorite pet = toss up between the dreadmare and the blaze cu

Least favorite = anything the size of a school bus (swampy, reptalon, etc)

hungrymedusa1

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I like unicorns. Too bad they are kind of polygon-y and useless in combat.

That said, I like traditional fantasy stuff. So no Ki-rin, swamp dragon, ostard, Cu or whatever for me. The horse based are my favorite. I like the dark brown horse the best, the lighter long haired Nightmare and of course the dread mare.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
least favorite: swamp dragon
I so agree with that one, its like driving a bus on one way paths.

For me its the horse.

Black horses of course

The normal horse is from Baja, back in 2004-2005 I believe there was a glich with the stable and it was selling black horses. Zues is my first Nightmare, he came over from Lake Superior when I transfer over to Sonoma years back.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
My favorite is the Charger of the Fallen. Lucky rides a polar bear. My thief a llama. Several others just use a ethy horse, I like those too. Polar bears noses seem to drag on the ground when moving though.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most fav in the CC: frenzied ostard (unfortunatley you can't look at that thing in the EC, that's one of the WORST GRAPHICS EVER)
Most fav in the EC: cu sidhe (that is one of the very, very, very few mobs, which actually look better in the EC! The CC version just looks cheap, like an intern drew it on his first day)

Least fav: swampy

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Favorite: horse, charger, llama, tiger, polar bear, depending on the character... though my main has ridden a unicorn so long that she looks weird on anything else so I stick with that

Least favorite: hellhound--sooo ugly and can't even make it transparent! also not a fan of the boura, reptalon (though my husband LOVES his ethy reptalon), hiryu, or swamp dragon

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Favorite mount (non - ethereal) = cu, because of its fighting skills and its loyalty - the way it heals you and just looks at you like a faithful dog.
Least favorite = swampie, because it's so big and clumsy. Yet that damage reduction is hard for a sampire to pass up, and I suppose the fact that it's so big is what allows it to get between you and the monster and protect you from damage

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Favorites: Giant Beetle and the Ridgeback (yes, I'm the ONE that likes them)

Least Favorite: Swamp Dragon

CrazyDave

Old & Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Favorite - Horse or any of the horse-like creatures.

Least Favorite - Ridgeback. They walk like they are in pain.

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Me and a friend were talking bout Mounts and why we liked them. Started wondering bout what Folks liked and/or disliked about certain Mounts.
Whats your Favorite Mount or least Favorite Mount ??? :bdh:
Thanx for all the feed back guys, was sorta unexpected. And thank you all that pointed out it is just my Big Ass and not the poor Bears . ;)

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need a lesser species for mounts...... how about giant ridable chipmunks that you can ride in Tree Rat form?
I requested a spring hare as a mount earlier in the year. :D

Still hoping for a pegasus winged horse that can fly the gargoyle skyways too! My favorite mount is too tough to call as I like so many of them. I'd probably go with the boura right now. My least favorite is the Swamp Dragon. I just don't like the way it looks in 2d. Torpedo dragon with stubby wings? Ridgeback would probably be my second least favorite. I liked them more as bright green ostards.