• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does this happen to anyone else?

Z

Zyron

Because it really pisses me off...

whenever ill go to a different shard.. cuz sometimes ill go to yew on a naked char and just see what the action is and stuff..

when i go to any shard after that, it will have random walls, and pieces of houses... and parts of houses within houses.

anyway to fix th is?

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because it really pisses me off...

whenever ill go to a different shard.. cuz sometimes ill go to yew on a naked char and just see what the action is and stuff..

when i go to any shard after that, it will have random walls, and pieces of houses... and parts of houses within houses.

anyway to fix th is?
What you're seeing is sort of an 'alternate dimension'. You're seeing bits and pieces of homes in the same place, but on another server. Restart your client and you're golden. This happens to me all the time.

Z

Zyron

ok i thought that it was parts of other servers

thanks all :>

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It's your client caching the houses and whatnot from the other server and displaying them erroneously.

T

Tinsil

This does get annoying though, especially if you play multiple shards. I deal with this issue daily! :wall:

L

Lord Drakelord

I have had it happen on the same shard, just logging into different accounts across different houses, and the last one will have the ghost images og the other account's houses. Its funny going to the Tokuno CS and seeing half of the OLD THB house there.

P

Pepino Gonzales

In your option tag on your paper doll, under the UO symbol tab, scroll to the bottom and reduce your house cache size from the default 300 down to 100. This will definitely control house images from one shard blocking an open path on another. I personally have mine set to 0 and I have not had this problem since.

:next:

O

Old Man of UO

In your option tag on your paper doll, under the UO symbol tab, scroll to the bottom and reduce your house cache size from the default 300 down to 100. This will definitely control house images from one shard blocking an open path on another. I personally have mine set to 0 and I have not had this problem since.

:next:
Or just hit Ctrl-R on either the KR client or the new SA client to refresh your screen. The cache speeds up entering your own house.

P

Pepino Gonzales

Or just hit Ctrl-R on either the KR client or the new SA client to refresh your screen. The cache speeds up entering your own house.
I tried both the KR and the SA clients and sad to say, I will never play either one. They are horrible looking copies of the original 2d look. They still have lag and poor macro options. The container gumps in legacy is the only thing they got right. Menu gumps, char status bar, paperdoll, char in game graphics, animal and monster graphics, ground terrain, all horrible imho. I will play 2d until they stop supporting it, then I will just quit.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Poor macro options? You didn't really try it, did you?

P

Pepino Gonzales

Poor macro options? You didn't really try it, did you?
No sir, I couldn't get past the horrible graphics. I prefer the 2D look. I play for content, not pixel resolutions.

The runebook was enuff to make me log out. What was the reason for changing the graphics for the books?

What was the need to enhance the ground terrain? I didn't even recognize yew gate when I got there as the ground is covered with some moss looking crap, something else my graphics card will need to handle.

All they needed to do was implement the new content without changing the graphics at all. They could have also added mouse wheel function and the other macro options you claim are superior without the need to change the gumps. The new UO map could have also been upgraded without changing the game graphics as a whole. They tried to hard to remake the client and made a mess as most do when trying to over-acheive. Haste makes waste.

I think they are trying to hard to reach new clientel with modern graphics when the solution to save the game would be to bring back the veteran players with more content, less bugs, and better customer service. Most of the people still playing this game play for the content, and with every new expansion of graphic modifications, more people quit due to long term frustration.

K

KoolAidAddict

No sir, I couldn't get past the horrible graphics. I prefer the 2D look. I play for content, not pixel resolutions.
The issue is that your mixing the CLIENT, which is the connection part and how it relates to the game (IE macros, for example) and the GAME itself, which since SA hasnt been released your NOT seeing yet.
Some folks on here seem to have difficulty being able to seperate those.
Yes your seeing old 2d graphics in the NEW client, which has nothing to do with how SA will look when its released.

BTW.....if you play for "content", as you said, then why are you doggin out the "horrible graphics"?
Seems way contradictory.:blushing:

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I actually like the runebook and macro options in SA, and quite a few other things as well. They're still working on it, tweaking things here and there, but overall the new controls are nice. Once they smooth out the graphics some more, I'll be a happy camper.