• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does Stratics have a Guide for UO's EC and CC macros ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As title says, does Stratics have somewhere a Guide explaining all of the macros available both for the Enhanced and for the Classic Clients perhaps with also examples on how to better set them ?

Thanks.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Yes, Stratics does have a guide for Macros in the EC. Just search for it on the main page.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, Stratics does have a guide for Macros in the EC. Just search for it on the main page.
Well, for the Classic Client all I could find was http://uo2.stratics.com/essays-and-guides/client-user-guide-classic/the-options-menu where the actions allowed by the CC are merely listed (towards the end of the guide) but it does not say neither what the single actions do nor how they can be combined and to what practical use in-game. Is there some other guide that walks through the macros available for the Classic Client, perhaps providing also examples ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wrote this guide when the EC first came out. The bulk of it is still valid for creating macros, as is the whole guide. Some things have changed but most of it is still useful enough to get you going.

http://uo2.stratics.com/essays-and-guides/client-user-guide-enhanced/macros

Thank you very much, but that is specific for the Enhanced Client, I was wondering whether there was one detailed also for the Classic Client but could not locate any, that is why I thought to ask.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah a Classic Client guide would be handy. I only use classic for certain things in UO and never made a macro or anything with it. Can it be done with the standard client or is UO assist a must have?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you very much, but that is specific for the Enhanced Client, I was wondering whether there was one detailed also for the Classic Client but could not locate any, that is why I thought to ask.
Well you did ask for both clients, and yes, that is specific for the EC because the macro set up for the EC is totally different than for the CC. I doubt you will find macro info for both clients on the ONE page given the marked differences, plus in reality the majority of macros in the cc were always done via UO Assist due to the cc being so clunky.

You didn't ask for the info to be included on the one page, you just asked for where macro info was on stratics for both clients. That is for the EC :) I gave up playing with the CC on the day the EC and SA came out and have never played it nor used UO Assist since so someone more informed with that client will need to write something if none exists now.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Yeah a Classic Client guide would be handy. I only use classic for certain things in UO and never made a macro or anything with it. Can it be done with the standard client or is UO assist a must have?
I used macros in the CC with and without Assist, and you can use both at the same time. You don't have to have Assist, but it makes things easier. There was an early macro guide, and I think it was on Stratics, but that was pre-pre-Petra and is long gone.

Of course, EC is much easier (and more powerful) to make macros than even UOAssist.