• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does skill go up faster if its maxed with jewels?

C

Coragin

Hey everyone, trying to max out taming. I recall reading somewhere that skill will go up faster if you have it maxxed out with jewelry. Is there any truth to this? Anyone have some kind of know how here?

I have noticed my animal lore is going up a lot faster than vet, they were both about the same level now Im wearing lore jewels to max to 120 and seems to be getting a lot more gains.

If you know, please share.

M

Michael Wolf

The part which mathematically make sense is that with Jewels you can succeed at harder tasks more often which in turn will promote faster skill gain. That part is true and works in the game mechanics. Most noticeably with skills which have more incremental steps like magery where you can actually have enough jewelry to cast spells a level higher than you could without. But even with Taming it helps, a lot.

Past a certain point taming slows to a crawl. My tamer is maxed at 115 lore, and 112.+ of 120 max taming and I can tame for hours to get a second point in a 3 day period. Literally 100-200 Unicorns for a skill gain other than the ggc point I get every like 72 hours.

However, from about 85 real skill in taming w my +15 Jewels I started taming unicorns and it went real fast for a long time. Started slowing around 105 and stalled at around 110.