• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does residue have any real use besides training

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In larger quantities...imbuing costs a little residue, but not much and I have thousands of residue. Would be nice if there was something to use it for besides training.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could use a lot of it to obtain lots of low-value imbuing power scrolls and then use scrolls of binding to bundle those power scrolls and eventually get one or more 120 imbuing power scrolls.

Aerodice

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you turn it in to the quest by the soul forge in ter mur, I believe you also get a chance of a runic hammer and chisel drop. If not, you can still combine the power scroll rewards or sell them off.

You can also sell the residue itself, to people who are training. People pay tons of gold to shortcut imbuing training.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think a Legendary Artificer (120 Imbuing) should be able to combine residue to form an essence and then combine essence to form a relic fragment. Maybe something like a 5:1 ration. 5 residue turns into 1 essence and then 5 essence turns into 1 relic fragment. They can adjust the ratios to what works better but these are just examples.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think a Legendary Artificer (120 Imbuing) should be able to combine residue to form an essence and then combine essence to form a relic fragment. Maybe something like a 5:1 ration. 5 residue turns into 1 essence and then 5 essence turns into 1 relic fragment. They can adjust the ratios to what works better but these are just examples.
Thats a good idea.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
80% of my properties imbued are ones that use Residue.

If anything, ESSENCE is the one that is practically unused.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats a good idea.
Bad ideal. I can see the bots grinding away now. Relics are hard to get and should stay that way. Anyone selling them is a hack and buying it off vendors supports the drive for more game abuse.

Any true Imbuer will tell you that the PoF is the big hurdle. If anything the crusty old BoD reward system is way overdue a look over.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Residue is only plentyful because it comes from anything. That said it is clearly needed for making anything.

Since it's the easiest to have plenty of I burn through it when making stuff as I wait to use it last(as any smart person would). Let's not start a nerf residue thread just to bump a useless post count.