• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

does luck affect lady mel hair dye or tangle loot?

Saria of Atl

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having a hard time figuring out what, exactly, luck affects and how it works. I've read about it on uoguide, but thought you folks could clear some stuff up.

my specific question is in the title. if I'm looking for lady mel hair dye and eventually a tangle; should I be wearing luck?

but more generally, does luck only affect items that show up on a monster's corpse? or items that you get in your backpack? (tangle) or both?

and if a team of people are attacking a monster, no party, is the only the highest damage player's luck considered or each player for their "own" corpse? (before it goes public.)

thanks in advance!

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
luck Only effects item stats in loot & the chance an artifact will drop directly to your pack, luck does not effect ML Peerless drop chances.

ML peerless are the only "Bosses" Luck has no effect on (when it comes to getting an artifact)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and as far as I know it doesn´t affect tangle-drop, too.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just in case there is any confusion on your part, you wont get a tangle from Mel...........

However with Navrey, if you go visit her on your own at a quiet time, get 100% loot rights, you should get a drop every 5/6 rounds ( and you ill be bored by then;), in between kills visit the sentinal spider and wolf spiders outside for the coins and carapaces, 3 rounds with them, then back in to next Navrey
Be mindful also that the 3 special drops can come in 2 ways, either a gift in your pack ,or looted in her body, so always loot her too, the rocks in her lair have no negative affect when you are alone, so slap her drops 2 sets of rocks on her, jobs a winner

my archer or tamer did not have luck ad still got daily drops, but i was obssessed with her lair;)

good luck

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
However with Navrey, if you go visit her on your own at a quiet time, get 100% loot rights, you should get a drop every 5/6 rounds ( and you ill be bored by then;), in between kills visit the sentinal spider and wolf spiders outside for the coins and carapaces, 3 rounds with them, then back in to next Navrey
Congrats that you are such a lucky person - a drop every 5/6 rounds? Crazy. Killed about 500 Navs for 3 Tangles (and WITH luck on suit). I would be cautious with such quotes. As far as I know the chance is about 3 percent of all Navs. Have seen people going in there and getting two tangles within 4 navs (without luck). And have seen people fighting there 150 Navs for one pair of night eyes and a 3.0 SoT Spirit Speak... So, I wish it would be easy like this. But I don´t believe it.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...one thing i might not have considered when answering: it might depend on the amount of people down there. Your chances should be better when you solo her (my negative experiences come from group fighting...)

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats that you are such a lucky person - a drop every 5/6 rounds? Crazy. Killed about 500 Navs for 3 Tangles (and WITH luck on suit). I would be cautious with such quotes. As far as I know the chance is about 3 percent of all Navs. Have seen people going in there and getting two tangles within 4 navs (without luck). And have seen people fighting there 150 Navs for one pair of night eyes and a 3.0 SoT Spirit Speak... So, I wish it would be easy like this. But I don´t believe it.
Jack Flash is pretty accurate with the drop rate...Navery will drop something fairly often, it is just not a Tangle. The drops are mostly 3pt skill scrolls and Night Eyes.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok :) Think there was a discussion on this topic some years ago on Stratics - many opinions on this issue ;-)