• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Does it need to be 120?

X

xempathy

I'm working on a character that can solo peerless and all that jazz. Sampire..I use Spirit Speak and Curse weapon (mixed with pots) instead of healing. Right now my Bushido and Parry are at 110. My chance of blocking is (according to stratics) 30 with a one handed weapon or 34 with a two handed weapon.

Now if I go up to 120 in both (not to mention swords) it's going to be quite expensive...I plugged 120 parry and bushi into the calculator and it gives me a 35% chance to block with a one handed and a 40% chance with a two handed.
I don't believe that even an extra 6% chance is worth as much as it would cost in gold and in skill points. Am I missing something here?

Is there a benefit of going all the way to 120 in either of these besides sayings that you're a legendary shieldsman or samarai?

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not only is that 6% chance needed, its a life saver. Believe me there is a huge difference. Also at 120 bushiido your chance to land a critical strike is higher which means more leeching back to you which means you live longer.

S

Seismic

Not only is that 6% chance needed, its a life saver. Believe me there is a huge difference. Also at 120 bushiido your chance to land a critical strike is higher which means more leeching back to you which means you live longer.
Well I'll ask the next obvious question here ... is 115 satisfactory? I'm not a rich player (yet) and have decided to go 115..

ABC Archer, btw..

G

GFY

You should be ok at 115. You'll notice better results around 113 or so. I would continue on to 120 when you do get the chance (gold or champs).

BTW if your an ABC archer your waisting points on parry. It has no effect with bows!

Here's my ABC archer:

Archery 115
Bushido 115
Healing 100
Anatomy 100
Tactics 100
Chivalry 90
Resist 100

He does really well on most monsters. Paragon liches are a pancake however! :thumbdown:

Best of all with healing I can stand next to another archer with healing and kill just about anything! 2 second cross heals are AWESOME!

I carry resist for pvp but I may add some necro and try a vamp archer in stead.

S

Seismic

You get 2 second cross-heals @ 90 healing too, so what is the point to go beyond 70 chiv and 90 healing?? Besides the fact that you currently have the points available... if you do 120's on bushido and archery, you lose 10 total pts..

Anyways, this is my template:

120 Archery
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
70 Chivalry
100 Resist

G

GFY

I like 100 healing for 100% chance to cure poison. You can miss a cure at 90 and when I miss one it's usually at the worst possible moment. :eek:

C

Connor_Graham

You should be ok at 115. You'll notice better results around 113 or so. I would continue on to 120 when you do get the chance (gold or champs).

BTW if your an ABC archer your waisting points on parry. It has no effect with bows!

Here's my ABC archer:

Archery 115
Bushido 115
Healing 100
Anatomy 100
Tactics 100
Chivalry 90
Resist 100

He does really well on most monsters. Paragon liches are a pancake however! :thumbdown:

Best of all with healing I can stand next to another archer with healing and kill just about anything! 2 second cross heals are AWESOME!

I carry resist for pvp but I may add some necro and try a vamp archer in stead.
I'd suggest you drop Chiv to 70 and bump Tactics up to 120. It's a HUGE difference in the amount of damage that you do. A 20% increase if I remember correctly.

S

Seismic

I'd suggest you drop Chiv to 70 and bump Tactics up to 120. It's a HUGE difference in the amount of damage that you do. A 20% increase if I remember correctly.
Any idea what DI is for 115 until one can afford a 120?

C

Ciar2001

sorry slightly OT should have put this as a seperate thread, missed the Bushido part :)

This is my current dexxer template for factions, thinking of switching out the swords once I cap it and maybe taking Fencing, if anyone can give me any pointers would be hugely appreciated, only been back in game since June after a 7 year break :)

120 Swords
90 Tactics
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
60 Chivalry
120 Resist
120 Parry

C

Connor_Graham

Any idea what DI is for 115 until one can afford a 120?
Tactics goes in 10% increments. At 110 it's 150% Di and at 120 it's 160% DI. I don't recall ever seeing anything saying there was a midpoint between any of the increments of 10.

S

Seismic

Tactics goes in 10% increments. At 110 it's 150% Di and at 120 it's 160% DI. I don't recall ever seeing anything saying there was a midpoint between any of the increments of 10.
Then why use a 115 scroll? I may post this in UO Hall to get more feedback but I appreciate your input..gonna save me alot of $ if I don't need 115 and can go 110 until I can afford 120!

B

Birdseye

I asked about the 110/115/120 increase on the Europa shard, and was told that you do get more at 112 than 110, and therefore it's worth it 'pro-rata'.