• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

does higher magery give you any spell damage increase?

Tye

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I don't understand what the point to have higher then gm magery if ONLY you fizzle more 8th circle spells. is there any damage increase or is that from eval only? my character is 100 magery and 120 eval but I don't wana raise magery higher if it wont make a spell damage increase and I don't care about fizzling an energy vortex so whats the point???

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Magery skill gives success chance, 100% on 8th circle spells at 120, 100% on 7th circle at around 109.5 I think. It increases the amount you heal and chance to cure, Poison and Mind Blast are based on it. It is also your melee defense when using a Mage Weapon.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I've long thought that having 120 real skill should unlock ... something. Not just for magery, but for all skills, or maybe families of skills. Similar to how having 100 tact or anat give you more damage than 99.9. I guess that the fighting skills somewhat implicitly have this as well because of the 300pt mana reduction, but this happens with 5 skills at 60 too.

Then again, I also think that what they *really* should do is let 120 skill scrolls be bound into 125s and make it so that 125 real skill unlocks something.

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It affects Polymorph form availability, Summoned Creature power, Heal and Greater Heal strength, Poison strength (up to Deadly only though even with Poisoning). As for Mind Blast I think it's strength is not based on Magery, only your INT score.
And, well, as mentioned - mage weapon.

However, the most important effect of having 120 Magery lies in the craft of Scribe - you have more chance to have more effects with higher intensity on crafted spellbooks - including Scrappy Doo.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I've long thought that having 120 real skill should unlock ... something. Not just for magery, but for all skills, or maybe families of skills. Similar to how having 100 tact or anat give you more damage than 99.9. I guess that the fighting skills somewhat implicitly have this as well because of the 300pt mana reduction, but this happens with 5 skills at 60 too.

Then again, I also think that what they *really* should do is let 120 skill scrolls be bound into 125s and make it so that 125 real skill unlocks something.
I like that idea. I think it would make things interesting to maybe increase the FC cap at 120 or 125, or give some sort of passive reduction or removal to Curses like how Poisoning does.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Keep your fingers crossed that something in the upcoming expansion will address this.

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Magery skill gives success chance, 100% on 8th circle spells at 120, 100% on 7th circle at around 109.5 I think. It increases the amount you heal and chance to cure, Poison and Mind Blast are based on it. It is also your melee defense when using a Mage Weapon.
100% success chance for magery 7th circle spells is at and above 105.8 skill points for magery .. (100% fizzle free at and above 119.8 ..)