Does EA know what their doing?

• Thread starter Atlantic Smith
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Atlantic Smith

Ok so last night on atlantic there was a luna idoc. Four houses were placed. Last night a HEAT member attempted to resize his house when someone placed a bust to block placement. Heat was able to page a gm to have them remove the bust before the house resize timer went up. Problem solved.

Today someone I know tried to resize their plot and the exact same issue. Someone placed two busts to block placement. He (and a few of us) paged a gm about the issue hoping to get them out there before the resize timer went up.....gm didn't show up...said they can't fix the issue. Here it is 12:44pm and a gm finally shows up and pretty much threatens to ban him. What in the hell is up with that. You can do one thing one night and then the next night can't?

Do you all up there at EA know what your doing? Do the GM's?

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 29, 2008
LS, ATL, PAC
If I'm not mistaken, the GMs are from Mythic, meaning there is a good chance they don't even know what UO is... no lie. You need to hope you get lucky and a GM answers your page that actually knows what they are talking about.

A

Atlantic Smith

It's not going to happen.

10 hours after he tried to resize we got an actual gm and they said if he pages again he will be violating the terms of service which is a bannable offence.

A

Atlantic Smith

I find it funny. There is a bug with a leather dye tub making it capable of dying cloth. OMG THAT CAN'T BE, the fix it right away.

Then then haven't been capable of fixing an exploit that has been around for years that actually messes with game mechanics.

I think I'm going to stop donating my money to EA/Mythic and play something else for free.....this game is more of a joke than it has ever been.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
Are the GMs from Mythic? I thought they were just with EA. I know the devs and GMs have nothing to do with one other, they are completely different.

What EA does need to do since they seem to control what Mythic can do is have GMs ONLY for UO and GMs ONLY for Warhammer and actually train these GMs accordingly. But I think it's painfully obvious EA doesn't care about any MMO, especially UO.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 15, 2008
If you knew it happened the night before why the hell would someone do it again. If you have a car with a broken engine and still drive, chances are it will CRASH and burn :flame: :stretcher:

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 4, 2008
a bust - what do you mean - one of those black bust things that you assemble from pieces and you get like a timid tinkerer or something like that - what's to stop you from just picking it up off the ground and then placing

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
a bust - what do you mean - one of those black bust things that you assemble from pieces and you get like a timid tinkerer or something like that - what's to stop you from just picking it up off the ground and then placing
Maybe it's one of those busts that are "permanent." Ones that get trapped in a crate and upon breaking the crate the bust is sent to the ground and cannot be moved by players.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 25, 2004
Felucca
probably those white 255 stone busts which you carry in a box and when you axe the box the bust becomes a solid blocking item.

I wonder why they have to try the same crap twice. How stupid does one have to be to fall for the same thing twice? That scripter is waiting there. Just wait until he is gone and then resize ... what do you expect after a couple hours?

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 20, 2006
Dont pass go... dont collect 200$.... god have you learned nada??? I bet you worded it wrong but here I will give you the best advice possible.

PM Cal
Explain that you were in the process of resizing your home, a player who wished the spot placed 2 imovable objects, you can simply explain its is a bust from a 255 stone container. The GM you called, give his name. Explain his warning and ask that he look into the matter. The GM should have come and removed the blocking object. I have many times seen a GM do so, and it is not something they should ban you for asking.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 17, 2009
Atlantic
Not sure, but i always thought the bust containers were "illegal items" If so its the scripter who should be punished... oh wait, scripting is against the tos too... fail gms.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
You still wont lose your house SOOOO whats the problem?

Just wait it out until the statue is finally removed. Eventually it will be. the upgrade again.

S

shulginist

The guy next door resized so the guy who tried to resize originally doesn't have a plot to wait on.

B

Babble

bad pot, bad pot!

And don't take gms too seriously, just page again next day
:p

koris

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 9, 2008
Yes, they know exactly what they're doing. Their GMs are a different story.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2003
Eastern USA
If you knew it happened the night before why the hell would someone do it again. If you have a car with a broken engine and still drive, chances are it will CRASH and burn :flame: :stretcher:
Yes. It's his fault the people who take care of this game allow nonsense like this to occur. This attitude is exactly what is wrong with this game. GM's are nearly worthless and only in UO do they provide such absolutely horrible results when paged.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
Yes. It's his fault the people who take care of this game allow nonsense like this to occur. This attitude is exactly what is wrong with this game. GM's are nearly worthless and only in UO do they provide such absolutely horrible results when paged.
I'm pretty sure they do the same with Warhammer. So probably not only in UO.

A

Atlantic Smith

probably those white 255 stone busts which you carry in a box and when you axe the box the bust becomes a solid blocking item.

I wonder why they have to try the same crap twice. How stupid does one have to be to fall for the same thing twice? That scripter is waiting there. Just wait until he is gone and then resize ... what do you expect after a couple hours?
It wasn't a couple of hours, it was the next day. I wonder why they couldn't just fix this exploit? Wouldn't that be the better question?

A

Atlantic Smith

Re: You still wont lose your house SOOOO whats the problem?

Just wait it out until the statue is finally removed. Eventually it will be. the upgrade again.
It was a luna plot and guy next to him upgraded.

Either way the gm that was working doesn't know how to do his job or wasn't doing it at all. Sending Cal an email wouldn't do crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.