Does defensive wrestling work offensively as well?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bruce Dickinson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 17, 2008
With 100 Anatomy and 120 Eval I have the equivalent of 120 defensive wrestling. However, I was just fighting someone on test with 45 DCI and a mage weapon, and when I had him redlined a punch finished him off. Now I know I can't use specials, but is it possible that the only difference between regular wrestling and defensive wrestling is the lack of specials? Or is my JOAT wrestling able to hit through 120 skill + 45 DCI?

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 3, 2004
With 100 Anatomy and 120 Eval I have the equivalent of 120 defensive wrestling. However, I was just fighting someone on test with 45 DCI and a mage weapon, and when I had him redlined a punch finished him off. Now I know I can't use specials, but is it possible that the only difference between regular wrestling and defensive wrestling is the lack of specials? Or is my JOAT wrestling able to hit through 120 skill + 45 DCI?
Actually it doesnt. It might suprise you how crazy RNG can be. Even with ZERO hit chance increase and your HUMAN 20 wrestling you still have a 9% chance of hitting your opponent with 120 REAL SKILL W/45 DEFENSE CHANCE INCREASE.

That's almost 1 in 10 swing you will hit him so dont be suprised.

My guildies and I was testing if DCI works with defensive wrestling this morning. We did 260ish swings and I was on my legendary swordsman with 15 DCI and he was on a defensive wrestling guy with 120 eval and GM anatomy, and he hit me many times with hits human wrestling.

Bruce Dickinson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 17, 2008
That's pretty odd but it works for me. Out of curiosity, how many times did the guy with defensive wrestling get hit?

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 3, 2004
That's pretty odd but it works for me. Out of curiosity, how many times did the guy with defensive wrestling get hit?
It works for me too about 10% of the time. :thumbsup:

I had 120 sword, 45 hci with no HLD and my guildie had 120 eval and 100 anatomy with 45dci. I hit him 52% of the time.

Btw if you really think it works for you offensively easy way to test it is to try to hit someone with human wrestling holding no weapon, you should hit him 100% of the time (according to the combat calculator 120 weapon skill has 100% chance to hit someone with only 20 skill). If you are only hitting him about 50/50 then it's obviously NOT working.

Good Luck.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 29, 2007
What the hell is defensive "wrestling". You get defensive SKILL from the anat+eval/2+20 equation. It doesnt give you a theoretical 120 Wrestling. It just gives you the equivalent defense chance as having 120 wrest/swords or any other weapon skill would give you.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 3, 2004
What the hell is defensive "wrestling".
It's the term the Ultima Online DEVs refering to.
They actually NAMED the defense skill that came from Eval + Anatomy, Defensive Wrestling. They said it's like wrestling but it only helps you in the defensive way thus the name "Defensive Wrestling".

And sorry they didnt name it "defensive skill"

Sounds like you dont like the name of the skill... is it offending in anyway?