Does cleansing winds completely beast necromancy?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bruce Dickinson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 17, 2008
I haven't played in awhile, but I've noticed mysticism has gotten fairly popular. I would imagine this spell is one of the reasons why.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
Newcastle, NSW
I haven't played in awhile, but I've noticed mysticism has gotten fairly popular. I would imagine this spell is one of the reasons why.
2 words. Blood Oath.

I have noticed that most mystics play dumb. Once you see them cast spell plague, cast blood oath. Most mystics will continue their spamming to get the most damage out of the spell.... not really realising that they are blood oathed.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 10, 2008
Muskegon, MI
Yeah, I'd say more people should use Blood Oath also. Many feel it's taboo like using pots against a DP dexer, but in all reality it's just the logical thing to do :/.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
Newcastle, NSW
I just re-read the title...... It basically does, yes. but play smart and it shouldnt really bother you, unless they cast protection and spam it

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 16, 2001
Ohio
2 words. Blood Oath.

I have noticed that most mystics play dumb. Once you see them cast spell plague, cast blood oath. Most mystics will continue their spamming to get the most damage out of the spell.... not really realising that they are blood oathed.
true but

a good mystic has heal pots, and a healing stone, plus cleansing winds.. and god knows what else, a wand, confidence, whatever..

to me yes mystics can be dealt with but are their abilities in the same ballpark with every other skill? no even close.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
Newcastle, NSW
true but

a good mystic has heal pots, and a healing stone, plus cleansing winds.. and god knows what else, a wand, confidence, whatever..

to me yes mystics can be dealt with but are their abilities in the same ballpark with every other skill? no even close.
Like I said in a following post. Play smart :) I beat mystics all day on my wrestle mage and necro mage

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 10, 2008
Muskegon, MI
true but

Yeah, I'd say all skills need a revamp including mana cost investigations.
(at 40 LMC)
Corpse skin, blood oath, strangle = 32 mana and a good amount of time to cast

Cleansing winds costs 12 mana and 1.25 seconds to cast and removes all 32 mana's worth of debuffs AND heals a small ammount.

There's a lot of things besides just this situation that are over and under valued for their mana costs.

IMO Evil Omen is one, 50% resisting spells skill for what 5 mana? at .5 casting... lol