• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does Blackrock have a use anymore?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At this current moment, aside from casting the armageddon spell, it has no use. It does have a value, though. At least a rare value, depending on its size. Small ones, I think, are worth more than the larger ones.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'large piece of blackrock' - 500k-1M or so
'a piece of blackrock' - 1-2m
'a small piece of blackrock' - 100k - mined

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On LS a large piece goes for 500k to 1m but a piece of blackrock goes for several mil the small pieces that you mine however are worthless because there are so many I bought a bunch for 15k per just to hang on to in case we need them for an event later on.

S

Sunrise

Don't forget also hearing voices...I do hope this is not a BUG that will continue for the next 10 years..like so many other events in the game...

Then again the voices help me out when Im Out there alone so...:danceb:

S

Stanton Of Pac

I don't suppose the effect is cummulative, is it? I have visions of someday walking around Britain with a bag full of blackrocks and a stack of invisibility potions, infecting everything in sight:p

G

galefan2004

its fun to infect creatures....sorta
This is pretty much the only use it still has. You can basically create a paragon anywhere, and black rock infected monsters have both a chance to drop a box (if they drop a treasure map) that will be one level above their map drop (similar to paragon chests) and (I believe) an Ilshenar minor artifact. Which means when you are hunting (whatever you hunt) to get your anti-virtue artifacts you can blackrock infect those creatures to have a chance at an anti-virute artifact, an Ilshenar minor artifact (I believe), and a box with a level 6 treasure chest and some other loot.

S

Sunrise

well close.

1 I have only seen the monsters infected in Tram and fel. I know they don't spawn in Ish. The paragons are there. Camped there many nights. Wanted to find a paragon monster that was black rock infected. I haven't seen one yet.

2. Just like paragons if the monster carries a map then U get a black box with some gold in it and a map and other stuff. Plus the monsters name or description is on the box. If its a monbat then it says monbat but if its a demon it has the demons name on it. Pretty cool

3. now for the arties. Thats news to me. I have about 30 boxes. Love collecting them. But I have not seen an arty yet. But who knows what is up the Devs sleeves. Also Blck rock monsters give you alot more fame so that might add to the Arty drop in Fel/Tram

4. The boxes are traped. The higher level monster the higher the lockpicking skills.

5. If I remember right the black rock infects depends on the INT of the monster. The lower the INT of monsters for example deers the better chance of infections...Versus Deamoms....which are harder to infect. But so much fun to kill.

Edit:

Also You just need to carry a piece of a rock with you to infected monsters. Casting the spell helps but if you have a fighter you can just carry a small peice and monsters will start to spawn.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
on SP, small black rocks we get while mining. was hoping they put the occlo event back in, where u turn them in and can get random arties, smithing tool, and so on...

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
your best bet is to transfer it to atlantic, then give it to your nearest Zog Cabal member. for free.

A

Ash

Also You just need to carry a piece of a rock with you to infected monsters. Casting the spell helps but if you have a fighter you can just carry a small peice and monsters will start to spawn.
I actually prefer carrying the blackrock vs casting the spell, as then you can control if you are going to infect anything. Let me tell you it makes for an interesting time when going to do a champ spawn and you have cast the spell or someone is carrying blackrock.

Course my mage gets mis-adventures as I forget he is 'infected' and will be walking through town and have a cat, rat or dog freak out and start gnawing on his leg.