Does anyone remember when the black rock detector project began?

• Thread starter imported_GalenKnighthawke
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

Does anyone remember when the black rock detector project began?

Even a month and year would be helpful.

I'm looking for an important RP record on the LS shard relating to it. And I can't remember even the month and year for the life of me.

-Galen's player

G

It was last year, before the KR launch.. that much I can remember. Check around then for news posts and such.

Might have started the end of the previous year even.. you'll want to check from around October 2006 - April 2007.

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

<blockquote><hr>

That was the Magincia event, not the blackrock detector.

http://town.uo.com/bnn/article_562.html

From June 21, 2007 (thank you Gildar, I had forgotten there were BNN archives).

[/ QUOTE ]

So did I! Or I could have avoided making you do my work for me.

Many thanks!

-Galen's player

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 17, 2003
Actually the date in the article is January 12, 2007.
More than one year since this event was started

F

Fayled Dhreams

BNN update:
http://town.uo.com/bnn/article_589.html

Blackrock Detector To Be Unveiled!
Anderson the Scribe Mar <font color=red>27 2008</font color=red> 4:20PM

“After initially losing funding from the Mage’s Council in Moonglow, progress on the "blackrock detection machine" resumed late last month with government intervention, and is finally nearing completion. Despite fears of the dangers involved in working with the still-mysterious substance, officials agree on the necessity of knowing where it is. Captain Avery, of the militia, made the following statement:

"After the destruction of Haven, we are taking any activity involving blackrock extremely seriously. After thorough and careful review, the Royal Council has agreed to authorize the completion and use of the blackrock detector to ensure the continued safety of Britannia."

The mage Kronos, Director of Alchemical Studies and the chief mage on the project, was unavailable for comment. His apprentice Dexter assured the BNN that, despite the delays, work on the project is going smoothly and they do not expect any snags.