• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does anyone remember me?

M

MuseDeDannan

For reasons I can no longer remember, over a year ago I decided UO just wasn't fun for me anymore. Probably because I had finally acquired the singing ball that I had spent my previous 10 years trying to obtain ... so I asked my guild master to divide my belongings among my guild mates and turned my back on UO. That was the first time I ever took a break from UO that I honestly felt I would not return.

WHO THE HECK WAS I KIDDING? Obviously not my guild master, I just found a message from him that he ignored my wishes and saved all of my stuff for me! lol Goofy boy.

Does anyone remember me or am I doomed to start all over making a reputation for myself?

M

MuseDeDannan

I might move shards too, I won't know till I get in and start playing but I was getting bored with LA being so small

hmmm this isn't the username I was using in stratics before I left. does anyone happen to remember my old username with my old stats and images?

M

MuseDeDannan

Muse who?
Right Tekky poo you're the one who was probably having naughty dreams about me every night that I've been gone :p

Hmmm why isn't my sig showing? Have the siggy rules changed?

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For reasons I can no longer remember, over a year ago I decided UO just wasn't fun for me anymore. Probably because I had finally acquired the singing ball that I had spent my previous 10 years trying to obtain ... so I asked my guild master to divide my belongings among my guild mates and turned my back on UO. That was the first time I ever took a break from UO that I honestly felt I would not return.

WHO THE HECK WAS I KIDDING? Obviously not my guild master, I just found a message from him that he ignored my wishes and saved all of my stuff for me! lol Goofy boy.

Does anyone remember me or am I doomed to start all over making a reputation for myself?
I've played LA for over 4 years now and do not remember the pleasure of meeting MuseDeDannan. I look forward to your return, for proper introductions. Perhaps I knew a different character?

Paul Harvey

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well well well if it isnt Jazz Nemesis herself! ! staying up late dreaming of me has drove you crazy and brought you back wanting more ;-)
Cyas in game soon I hope! !
Oh wait . .. do I really know you?

M

MuseDeDannan

well well well if it isnt Jazz Nemesis herself! ! staying up late dreaming of me has drove you crazy and brought you back wanting more ;-)
Cyas in game soon I hope! !
Oh wait . .. do I really know you?
Indeed the Nemesis has returned though sadly I will not likely be pvp-ing any time in the near future. I have a laptop on a wireless connection and not even a proper desk to sit at for macroing. I just couldn't have Jazz be any more pwnd than she already was as a result of my crappy playing. She's too good for me. Muse = :loser: :p

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The event crowds for the events leading to SA seem to be bringing out more old, familiar, names than I have seen in a while, though some of those might be people coming back to LA from other shards for the event.

as a non-PvP type, I've had more fun the last 8 months than in years prior, with the changes to champs (non-fel ones now have special item drops, and the stuff dropped in Fel is better), events the like.

S

SLACK

Yes I remember you and I must say making a new rep for yourself be
a very good thing!!:talktothehand:
Naw just BSing!!!:D
Good to see peeps come back even if you are thinking of bailing on LA!!!!:loser:

T

Tycolby

Guess its time for me to reply. Dam I cant remember if I put your stuff up or not. I know I gave Tek and stryder something that you wanted me to give them.

And of course I knew better than to believe you werent ever coming back. Now If i would just come back to the game fulltime!

Welcome back and see you in game sometime

M

MuseDeDannan

Guess its time for me to reply. Dam I cant remember if I put your stuff up or not. I know I gave Tek and stryder something that you wanted me to give them.

And of course I knew better than to believe you werent ever coming back. Now If i would just come back to the game fulltime!

Welcome back and see you in game sometime

I have activated one of the accounts and found a bunch of stuff in bank boxes and bugs. gave a lot away to a couple of ally mates last night. Saved a blessed, dyable robe for you if you want it.

Haven't activated the other account but I've decided I was wayyyy to much of a packrat before so I think I'm going to get rid of all but the rarest of rares and a few favorite items and start the rest from scratch. Having a museum for a house is time consuming, I think I want to be more normal this time around...if that's even possible for me.

What events are ya'll talking about though? Haven't heard anything about those, just came back because I finally got tired of pogo and money has been good lately.

I've missed ya'll though.

p.s. Slack ... you are certainly not one to be talking about reputations my friend. I'm sure someone still has those pictures of you streaking the solstice festival in pink bunny suit with holes in all the wrong places and a live skunk for a hat. :danceb:

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

Hi Muse :). Nice to see you back & glad your guildmaster was wise and knew you well enough to save your stuff!!

As for reputations... we are all forgotten and quickly obviously as my user title clearly shows. They show me as a VISITOR here after all..... *chuckles sadly*

-- El,
formerly known as El, asst editor UOStratics ROFL

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The event crowds for the events leading to SA seem to be bringing out more old, familiar, names than I have seen in a while, though some of those might be people coming back to LA from other shards for the event.

as a non-PvP type, I've had more fun the last 8 months than in years prior, with the changes to champs (non-fel ones now have special item drops, and the stuff dropped in Fel is better), events the like.
You are right Basara! Lots of "old" names here! A warm welcome to Jazz and woot for everyone coming back!!!! Free drinks for all :) :pint:

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Muse :). Nice to see you back & glad your guildmaster was wise and knew you well enough to save your stuff!!

As for reputations... we are all forgotten and quickly obviously as my user title clearly shows. They show me as a VISITOR here after all..... *chuckles sadly*

-- El,
formerly known as El, asst editor UOStratics ROFL
sure i remember you muse and I "think" I remember EL a little bit too.I believe we were all part of the same guild at one time.

I been solo playing for ever since dsr broke up and also I lost my internet for 2 months so I am just now getting back into the swing of things.hopefully I can find a decent guild without too many children in it.

B

Blade_Thugluv

nope dont remember you at all!

just playing, welcome back

~Blade

T

Tycolby

I am sure that the guild OU could use a new player since they old one got broken LOL!!!!! :party:

B

Blade_Thugluv

Oh and Blade dont you belong on the WoW forums? lol
UMMM.....

No? Im sitting in Luna at the bank all alone cuz everyone is doing SA stuff and i cant till saturday.

And i think i have sold my wow account for $750 (one of them at least) and havent played wow in over 2 months.

~Blade

Pan Arcane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and Blade dont you belong on the WoW forums? lol
Are you referring to the same 'Blade Thugluv the dude that got OWNED by some other newbie' that logged in for about ten minutes a few months back and flat out referred to me as a liar, hacker and Pan Arcane imposture amongst other things?

He should stay playing WoW. I would hate to expose him further as a terrible UO player.

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let see I remember or know everyone here (unfortunately I can’t get rid of Slack) maybe if you all actually got in game together we could have some real fun.

I’m talking to you WoW players and shard changers, come to SA and help me get killed.

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hey Tek I can get you AND Slack killed any day! Just ask ;)
:stretcher:

-El

Edit: AND Jazz.... I guess we do get remembered for real :) THANKS to Petra for re-establishing my history on the new system and getting rid of my "visitor" status!!!!

T

Tycolby

I cant play anymore since all my accounts are closed. I just dont see the need to reup them until they fix SA.:bdh:

Keira

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I remember you Muse. I have been on LA since it's inception under a name of Rose then Keira later on. IN the past 2 years I have been on UO mainly to chat with my fellow guildmates and to get my ggs gains. So I have been a shadow.

Good to have you back. :) (I doubt you will remember me - it is ok)

I now have a little bit of more time to come back now that my Masters in Information Systems degree is complete. YAY :)

M

MuseDeDannan

nope dont remember you at all!

Blade bladey blade blade, I've missed you! Ironic huh? I thought I had run into you once on another game, the bloke had played UO but not on this shard as it turns out. :heart:

El you ARE El of LA ... how can you play anywhere else? I'm so heartbroken. How's SA been? I already know ty hates it, what about everyone else?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I cant play anymore since all my accounts are closed. I just dont see the need to reup them until they fix SA.:bdh:
What are these "Supposed" fixes needed?

You don't say what your beef is, then you're just blowing wind. You ought to know I don't accept those type answers or statements, that give a "reason" that is effectively saying "just because", and not actually giving reasons.

M

MuseDeDannan

What are these "Supposed" fixes needed?

You don't say what your beef is, then you're just blowing wind. You ought to know I don't accept those type answers or statements, that give a "reason" that is effectively saying "just because", and not actually giving reasons.
I wonder if the surreptitiously abused pony corpse is a clue into tycolby's gripe vault? Perhaps his favorite ride-able llama died before it was bonded?

Keira

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is working good for me. Maybe your PC is screwed up due to the massive WOW game engine that was loaded Ty?? LOL ;)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Let's see; the best running expansion of the last 7 years? Check.

EA claiming it was flawless: Never occurred, except in your mind.

Your BS is called. Again, you give a null answer that is NO answer.

If you have problems with the expansion - STATE THEM. Don't say "because it is" with zero information of what "it" is. Not answering is how THINGS DON'T GET FIXED.

(and people think Illwill and Pan Arcane are hard-headed...)

T

Tycolby

Didnt you Quote me when I said my accounts were closed? So I havent had Time to play SA much less Buy it! With how history repeats itself in UO with every expansion its safe to say that things will need to be fixed or tweaked or balanced out in SA.

You will be able to see that report on things that got fixed when the next patches come out, believe it or not.

Pan Arcane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didnt you Quote me when I said my accounts were closed? So I havent had Time to play SA much less Buy it! With how history repeats itself in UO with every expansion its safe to say that things will need to be fixed or tweaked or balanced out in SA.

You will be able to see that report on things that got fixed when the next patches come out, believe it or not.
I like Tycolby, somebody I acknowledge as the rightful founder, leader and representation of the Midnight Hunter's Club. Somebody that I respect as a player and have nothing bad to say about. The same as Tek somebody that lives closeby, that I always enjoyed socializing with in good old days. These are two solid Trammel players.

On that note if anything the gargoyle race is outclassed by elves & humans from a playing standpoint (I'm not sure about the 'chatting' standpoint, a lot of people pay their UO subscriptions just to chat). I'm hoping they'll beef up the gargoyles a little by solving a few itemization issues. Throwing is incredibly weak. Mysticism and Imbuing all in all are balanced for combat and really sweet skills.

There are a few tweaks coming, you are right. Worth the wait if you want to play the "polished" product. But this is by no means a repeat of previous additions to the game which brought horribly unexpected balance issues.

I'd score it a steady average, it would've been great if they took in more feedback from the beta test stage.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I saw it, but you proceeded to claim that the accounts were closed because of faults in SA.

The two are mutually exclusive, and that's where I had a problem. Either you've not gotten SA, and don't have any knowledge with which to make said judgements (or assumed the same problems existed, and you know what to assume does), Or you've had SA, then closed your account after said judgements.

You can't judge a released product by its beta, especially when they actually fixed a few things in the time between Beta and release (and, Oh, were the hoarders of mining gems P.O.ed)

The only real faults I've seen people complain about so far was the farming of the Abyss entrance quest guy for his robe (something that never occurred to most players, let alone the devs, because in Beta the quest was not necessary to enter the abyss), a few people accidentally wandering into the Fel-ruleset areas because their sound was off (Fel caves pretty much look like Tram caves), a few creatures have absurdly slow spawn times, and that one of the puzzle quests is near impossible with slower connections. A few people are having setup problems, but they appear to be related to computer configurations, or just needing a fresh reinstall.

The biggest bug is still not in the game itself, but with uogamecodes.com - some people can't get the store to work right, and I half-expect it's a security software issue. Since some browser and firewall updates a few months back, my security software has made loading web pages downright painful.

There's one other bug, but it's hard to even confirm, concerning spellcasting and held items taking damage, as it's not affecting everyone the same way, all the time.

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The biggest bug in the game is Slacktard, but UO won’t fix it.

T

Tycolby

Hmm again you still misread my statement. There was a [.] after closed. I didnt give a reason why I closed the accounts in that sentence. In the second sentence I said I wouldnt reup my accounts until they fixed SA.

As with any new expansion that comes out not just UO but any game it takes about a month for the update patches to come out. Which in turns fixes most of the problems in the release.

So please dont base your judgements or assumptions of me on just UO. That is not the only Game I have tried online.

My accounts were closed based on the lack of commitment that the Devs showed on doing things they said they would I.E. Brit Bank Deco Contest, Dfasafa small tower removal, 11th Annv. , and 12th Annv just to have a few things to back up my claims. Also the lack of GM support we have in the game. Being the 9th in line for two hours is just a way of saying "We dont give a dam about you."

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They've already addressed the 11th and 12th anniversary stuff, this week (gotten delayed again, though - the original plan was for it to come out this week to coincide with the anniversary, but bug fixes for things like the Vet reward jade statues suddenly walking the land - I kid you not - took precedence).

The dsfasfa situation is partially self-inficted. We accumulated the data, then had lost it when they asked for a new copy, and we were only able to send a partial copy back.

The Brit bank deco project is hardly game-critical, and they did go ahead and give all the shards a +1 arcane circle at the WBB, even while we still wait.

I'd like to see these things addressed - but I'd rather see all the SA bugs fixed first. I get this funny feeling that a number of the things that were promised were done so expecting SA to be a 2010 release, then everyone got pulled in to SA. The events leading to SA, especially, seemed rushed.

I'm sorry if I misread your post.

T

Tycolby

thank you and now back to Does anyone remember whats her name?:thumbup:

T

Tycolby

See, Let them lick the beater and then they want to eat the whole dam cake, pffft!!!!!!